Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Back to 2060 [IC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
fazzamar
Welcome Back to 2060's IC thread.

Welcome Back to 2060's OOC

Please use the following rules while posting.
  • Date - Time at the beginning of each post in yellow
  • Names are bolded
  • Speech is in orange
  • Thoughts are in blue
  • And please no sigs, especially mult-colored ones, Apollo nyahnyah.gif
BiffKun
9/20/2060 - 2050

Well, today was shaping up to be interesting. To be perfectly honest Biff had been getting a little worried about rent, it was coming up and he only had 450 nuyen to pay for it. So this call was a good thing. Always dress for success.

So it was that he found himself in a business suit outside Molly's at 2050, ostensibly checking the place out for any threats. It's always a good idea to show up early to a meeting, especially when the other person might or might not be trying to kill you.

[ Spoiler ]

Sighing, Biff sized the door to the establishment up. Or rather, way down. There were some days he cursed his freakish size, and today would be one of them. Fortunately the doors were troll-modified or he wouldn't have even fit, but he still had to duck going through them. Better to make a scene before the other runners arrived than after.

He carefully chose a corner table and pulled two troll-chairs over and sat with his back to the corner where he could see the whole bar and the window outside. If needed, he could quickly kick the table towards the center of the room, grab a couple chairs, and start swinging away - but he doubted it would come to that today. This was supposed to be a few easy nuyen, and Biff needed money bad.

Now it was just time to watch for all the others...
fazzamar
9/20/60 - 2050

From the outside the bar is just a small hole in the wall place blending in rather well with the other old buildings around it. Strangely, other than a couple working girls on a corner a half block down and the occasional beat up car driving by there's not a whole lot happening in this run down area of Tacoma right now. The quiet is a bit unnerving.

Biff--
[ Spoiler ]

The inside of the bar is just as small as you imagined from the outside. It could hold 20 people at most, and by the looks of the current crowd it'd be lucky to have half that at once.

Biff-Kin:As you walk in a few people look up at you with a look of surprise, some with a look of disdain, but most simply don't bother looking and are more worried about the bottom of inside of their beer glasses. When the bartender, an older ork who looks as run down as the bar, notices that you're walking by the bar without stopping he pipes up "I hope you don't plan on my comin to yer table with a drink. You want somethin you better get it now, else go back out da door you just came in." As he grabs one of his mugs designed especially for trolls and wipes the dust off of it, he asks "So what'll it be big guy?"
Glyph
09/20/2060 1500

Caitlin is sitting in a small coffee place, disconsolately watching Seattle's ubituous rain hammering down, taking small, reluctant sips of the tall soycaf latte. Normally she wouldn't touch the vile stuff, but she had to duck into this place to get out of the sudden downpour, and that meant buying something.

Her pager chirps, and she takes out her cell phone to find a message from Baxter already on it. Terse as always, the fixer lays out the bare bones of some potential work - a meet at some dive in Tacoma, with someone offering "easy work" for new talent.

"Easy work... no two words fill me with as much foreboding," she thinks. "Still, I suppose I'll need to endure some cheap, dirty jobs before my fledgling career in the shadows takes off."

As she watches, the downpour ends as suddenly as it began, although the sullen clouds promise more wrath from the heavens later. Before heading home, she takes the tube to Tacoma to check the place out before the meet. The neighborhood is run-down and eerily quiet, and the place is about what she expected. So, informal it is.

Getting home, she eats a light supper of leftovers from her mini-fridge, leaves a thank-you message for Baxter, and checks up on her other correspondence. She freshens up, then picks out her clothing for the meet. Faded jeans with work boots, a black t-shirt, and her armored jacket, with silvery lipstick to match her metallic mirrorshades. And this time, she remembers to put the small but sturdy mini-umbrella in her purse.

She gets there about ten minutes early, and slips in behind a truly massive troll. As the troll heads past the bar, she sits down there, deciding that she will get something in a bottle before trusting the cleanliness of the glasses here. No sign of the Johnson... yet.
Tabula Rasa
09/20/2060 20:50

Aiku hears the telltale chirping sounds of a new email into his professional inbox and strains to look over his shoulder his flashing monitor. About time, he thought, I was about to start worrying about my rent. Haven’t gotten a new job in a couple weeks. Not since I splurged on that new gear anyway. Knew I should have waited until I got another job but maybe this one will make up for it.

He does two more reps and drops the weight, with a loud noise, on the floor next to his bench in the corner of his flat. He towels his bench off and heads over to his desktop where he checks his new message.

“About time Shamus came through� he mutters to himself, “I hope the shower works…�

A few hours later Aiku parks his bike between two cars a block from Molly’s. He tucks his hands into his secured jacket's pocket and taps his holdout to make sure it’s there. He walks quickly, head down with his hoody pulled over his head, and his eyes scanning the street as he walks closer to Molly’s.
Stop being so paranoid, this place ain’t got nothing on the Barrens. He lifts up his head and shoulders as he steps in, his green eyes scanning the small bar, looking for Mr. Johnson.

He sees pretty much what he expected to see, the place was just like any other towny dive. He takes a seat next to a woman wearing a pair of mirror-shades and orders a Guinness. Maybe there’s a chance they know how to pour that shit here.
apollo124
9/20/2060-2050
Slim Jim had been looking for work for a while, without a lot of success. He looked down at the cryptic message in the mail buffer of his pocket secretary. "Easy work for new talent" and a timedate stamp for Molly's bar at 2100. "Not like I have a big date or some other kind of plans tonight. Maybe I can get some quick nuyen. Glad it wasn't far to walk. " he thought. Slim Jim was wearing his usual ensemble of leather pants, red secure shirt, leather boots and Mortimer Greatcoat. His Ingram Smartgun was concealed within his coat, hopefully.

He watched a truly massive troll squeeze himself into the bar, feeling like a dwarf by comparison. "Ye gods, where do they grow trolls that big?" he wondered. "Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained" he pondered as he followed the big guy into the bar.

Looking around the joint, he goes to the bar and orders a Miller Neo-Brew from the ork bartender after listening to him chew out the big guy. Taking a sip of his beer-like substance, he checks out the bar.
Chance359
9/20/2060 - 1945

Greven rolls off the matress on to the floor, his cybereyes compensating for the darkness. Checking his P-sec he notes that there's a simple message waiting. 2100 @ Mollys in Tacoma. After running simple systems diagnostic on his system he beings getting ready for the meet. After a quick shower, Greven runs a fiber optic cable from his 'jack to his p-sec, looking up directions to Molly's and its GPS coordinates.

Wish I had some nicer clothes, something to look into.

Before stepping out the door, Greven takes a quick moment to attach his Concrete Dreams tour patch to the back of his Jacket.

As Greven reaches for his keys, he catches his reflection looking back at him.

Relax. New faces dont mean a thing. You're gonna do this because you're ultra-chilled. You're Fragging Hatchetman.

[ Spoiler ]

It's a quick drive, Greven arriaves at Molly's at 1945, and spends 8 minutes finding a place to park. After briefly mentioning to the bartender that he was looking for his friend Johnson, he is directed to the proper booth.

Seeing so many already at the table, Sorry, parking
fazzamar
Chance:Read the spoiler tag for Biff about the outside of the bar. You receive the same response from him.

9/20/2060 - 2050

Ignoring that he is an ork himself the bartender mumbles something to the effect of "Stupid trog" in response to the massive troll ignoring him. Turning to serve the newcomers their requested drinks the bartender says with a chuckle "All these people I've never seen coming in all at once you'd think you guys were a bunch shadowrunners." and starts sweeping the floor behind the bar.

When Chance comes in a few minutes later and asks about a 'friend' named Johnson the bartender turns pale, quite a feat for a ork, and looks shocked. After a moment of stunned silence he tells Chance that there was no one here by that name. Thanking him Chance goes over to an empty booth, takes a seat, and watches the rest of the bar casually.

After a tense few minutes two men wearing suits walk in. The one in the back is a heavily built caucasian wearing a black suit that, if not for the obvious wear from what looks like years of use, any corp exec would be proud to have. You can see him cautiously checking out the few patrons with suspicion, just like any good bodyguard would do. The other, a middle-aged caucasian man wearing a fine gray suit, looks up from his pocket secretary as he enters. It's so obvious that these two are a Johnson with his bodyguard he might as well be wearing a name tag that says 'Hi, my name is Mr. Johnson' while he's at it. The Johnson approaches the bartender, who looks like he'll surely pass-out at any moment, says something quietly in his ear and slots a stick into the bar's credstick reader. The bartender chuckles and points towards the booth Chance is sitting and says "He's already asked for you." in a voice that only those at the bar (Aiku, Slim Jim, and Ice Queen) can hear, but it's obvious who he's pointing at to everyone.

The pair approaches the table Chance is sitting at and the Johnson asks "It seems you're one of the individuals I'm meeting. Mind if I take a seat?"
Tabula Rasa
09/20/2060 - 2051

Aiku chuckles with the bartender, "What would be the odds of that?" He pays for his tab - with a large tip - nods at the bartender and slides off the barstool. He picks up his drink and heads over to the Johnson booth.

He puts his Guinness down on the table and looks at the Johnson. Aiku is handsome, light skinned with sharp Anglo-Japanese features, with an easy smile on his face. To those familiar with the sound of his accent, it hints at his childhood in the Barrens, but it is masked and barely notable, "I think we got an appointment," he shifts his eyes to the Bodyguard, "Mind if I sit?"

Upon receiving the barest acknowledgment he shrugs off his jacket and tosses it in the booth ahead of him. He unzips his gray hoody and tucks it just a bit back off his forehead. He runs his hand through his straight black hair under his hood and takes a seat next to Graven.

He rubs his thin nose - still red from the chill - with the back of his hand and takes a long sip from his drink. Come on... let this one actually be easy for once.

"How you all doing tonight?"
BiffKun
09/20/2060 2052

Can you get more obvious? who did this guy think he was, walking in like he owned the place. From the looks of him, he might be an out-of-work corporate exec looking for revenge. Who knows? Either way, money was money, so it was probably time for introductions.

Biff slowly stood up to his full height of 13 feet, stretching his broad shoulders out before sliding out from between the table and the wall. He'd see what this Johnson had to say. Life had been hard the last few months, and Biff was definately ready for a change. Seeing the another person join them at the table, Biff decided to throw his cards in.

So he sauntered on over to the table this Mr. Johnson had sat down at and sat down himself on a troll-sized chair, "Good to meet ya, Mr. Johnson. You have a good trip here? Can I get ya anything?" In a lower voice, he whispered loud enough only for those sitting at the table to hear with unaugmented hearing, "I believe you wished to see us. Is it safe to talk here sir?"
apollo124
09/20/2060-2052

After paying the bartender for the sad excuse of a beer, Slim Jim heads over to the table where it seems half the bar is heading. He walks somewhat slowly, taking time to make sure he doesn't make anything like a sudden move, to keep Mr J's partner happy.

Hello all. Can I sit as well? I also appear to be on the invite list. Wow! Do we all stand out or what? It wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the bar emptied out with this kind of action happening.

He grabs a chair from a nearby table that isn't occupied, pulls it over to this table and sits down, taking care to keep his Ingram and cyberdeck under the cover of his coat. Jim looks at the group, his purple cybereyes taking in the crowd. He's not real surprised that the giant who looks like a troll is a part of the group. But he wouldn't have guessed about some of the others. Jim kicks back in his chair a bit, to let someone else (at least initially) take the lead in getting the details of the work.
Glyph
09/20/2060 2053

With a wry smile, Caitlin follows the throng over to the table with the two suits, idly holding her bottle of beer - from some dwarven microbrewery, for a wonder a lager rather than the usual dark and bitter fare. "Good evening. I'm here for the job interview... as I assume the others are," she murmurs to the Johnson, before gracefully taking a seat.

"Well, this Johnson is either extremely incompetent, or doesn't care in the slightest about being conspicuous. Forget the 20-foot tall troll. Anyone who's not a regular would stick out like a sore thumb here, not to mention a whole group of people conducting shady business in a corner table with someone named Johnson." In a way, Caitlin is perversely pleased that her earlier misgivings are already proving to be well-founded. "Then again, it's not like I have too many job opportunities pounding on my door - might as well stick around to see how this train wreck pans out."
fazzamar
Motioning for the newcomers to take a seat the Johnson replies "Thank you for coming, although it seems that we are missing someone." After hearing the troll's concern on privacy the Johnson replies "I don't think there will be a problem, we'll have the place to our selves soon enough," then motions to the bartender. Turning to watch the bartender you see him approach the 9 or so remaining patrons and whisper something to each of them causing them to promptly get up and leave the bar, some with a grumble other's with a smile, one individual arguing with the ork bartender by the door yells, "I don't give a frag about a free drinks NEXT time. I want to drink NOW!" and gives the bartender a shove. Showing that he still has some fight in him the ork promptly punches the unruly man in the nose, silencing any further argument, and throws the now bleeding man out the front door. Looking at the Johnson the ork shrugs sheepishly as if to apologize for the noise. "Now then, I'd prefer to wait to cover what I brought you here for till the last... interviewee arrives. I'm not fond of repeating myself." Getting up from his seat the Johnson says "Now if you'll excuse me for a moment, I have a couple calls to make while we wait.", walks several meters away, and pulls out his pocket secretary to make his calls.
thegreatbuddha
9/20/60 2130

The Shepherd hangs in the doorway a moment, surveying Molly's briefly before heading to the bar.

Guinness, if ye have it. Whisky if ye don't.

Taking a good pull from his drink, The Shepherd looks around the bar casually. Spotting what must be the meet, he heads over, drink in hand.

My apologies is all he offers as he takes a seat.
BiffKun
9/20/60 21:31

GM:
[ Spoiler ]

First Impressions:
[ Spoiler ]

Introductions: the most vital part of any first meeting. Looking around, nobody else seemed too keen on the idea of starting them off, so Biff decided to go first. Distrust was a natural part of shadowrunning, but some street names might be a good way to loosen the mood. Standing up again Biff stretched his arms out to their full lengths and then pointed a giant thumb back at himself. "Name's Biff-Kun." Seeming to think that all the introduction needed, Biff sat back down with a grunt, chair creaking dangerously. He raised an eyebrow at the rest of the assembled runners, as though to ask which one of them would be next to speak up. "Come here often, or just passing through?" he addressed to the table in general.
Tabula Rasa
09/20/2060 2131

Aiku smiles up at the big troll, “Name’s Aiku,� and he extends a hand hoping he can get it back in one piece. Well ain’t he a big fucker… do I know this guy? No… can’t be, think I may have heard his name before though. No matter.

“Can’t exactly say I come here often,� he grimaces a bit as he finishes off his drink, “cause they sure as fuck can’t pour a proper Guinness here, and it’s not like it’s even the real thing.�

“Don’t mind me,� he walks over to the bar, orders another drink and sits back down on his seat, “This’ more like it. Bud, the King of Beers. Can’t mess up this pour,� as he takes a pull from the bottle. “So how ya’ll find yourselves here?� He leaves that question hanging in the air, not really expecting an answer.
apollo124
9/20/2060-2131

Just call me Slim Jim he said to the group. Glad to meet ya. Now that everyone seems to be here, maybe we can get down to biz. Hoping that didn't come across as too snarky, he takes a glance at the newcomer. Not very professional coming in over half an hour late to a meeting.
Glyph
9/20/2060-2131

"I'm Ice Queen," says Caitlin, looking around at the others with a coolly appraising gaze. "And I'm sure we're all ready to hear what our prospective employer has to say."
thegreatbuddha
9/20/2060- 2131

I am known as Shepherd, and I certainly agree with Ice Queen
Chance359
9/20/2060- 2131

Evening, the name's Greven. I'll assume we're all here 'cause of someone though to put us together for this job. We should probably wait til after we hear the pitch before we find out what we each bring to the table.

Anyone catch the Screamers match the other night?
apollo124
9/20/2060-2132
Yeah, I caught it on Pirate Trid 83. Johnston really got hammered on that last play! Wonder how long he'll be on the injured list?
fazzamar
09/20/2060 - 2141

Biff:
[ Spoiler ]

Ice Queen:
[ Spoiler ]

Shepard:
[ Spoiler ]

Aiku:
[ Spoiler ]

Slim Jim:
[ Spoiler ]

Greven:
[ Spoiler ]

After a few more minutes of idle chat about the Urban Brawl game a couple nights ago the Johnson hangs up his phone and approaches the table and sits back down. "Now that everyone is finally here we can get down to business." he says with a tone that lets everyone know how much it's inconveniencing him, not even mentioning the fact that he continued to be on the phone for a good 10 minutes after the last person arrived.

"I've brought you all here for a simple reason, I need an individual extracted. More specifically, a researcher and a copy of his research extracted." He pauses for a moment to let the runners mull over what was said. "He lives in corporate housing locally and works in an office building downtown. His field of research isn't typically a high ranking target for attacks or extractions so security on him and his immediate coworkers will be relatively light, well in comparison to other higher value projects anyway. The individual has been in contact with another corporation recently and from intercepted communique it appears that a voluntary extraction is in the works very soon, so time is of the essence. Also, there may be an... item that proves that his research wasn't a complete waste of corporate funds but would most likely be hidden, if such an item even exist. The specifics on the supposed item aren't available, but more than likely it will be in the form of a liquid, gas, or medicine. I'm offering ¥30k or the researcher and his research, and an additional ¥20. Any questions thus far?"
apollo124
So it's 30k nuyen.gif for the target and an additional 20k nuyen.gif for the research, right? Are we talking just computer files or hard copy also? Do you need the location trashed so they can't pick up where he left off?
Glyph
09/20/2060 - 2142

Ice Queen steeples her fingers under her chin as she intently listens to the Johnson, frowning slightly at several points. When she speaks, her soft soprano voice is calm but incisive.

Let me see if I understand you. You want us to perform a hostile extraction on a target who is already arranging for other people to extract him, with your estimate of low security depending on his own company not realizing his value, and you want the object of his research, which will be hidden, or might not even exist, and about which you can offer no substantive details. On an accelerated timetable. With a team of people who barely know each other.

She shakes her head. There are quite a few potential complications here. If the others are professionals of similar caliber to myself, it's certainly doable, but your initial offer needs some revision upwards, and we will need some more logistical support as well...

She settles in for the negotiating part of the run, although she takes care to watch the others for visual cues, and leave room for them to jump in with any comments they want to add. A bit risky - several people clamoring at once could undermine the negotiations - but she would rather take a hit on the payout than risk alienating the other runners by seeming too pushy.

fazzamar
09/20/2060 - 2148

Over the course of the negotiations it starts to become apparent that the Johnson is having a hard time downplaying the points that Ice Queen brings up. Unfortunately, due to a combination of Ice Queen not being able to follow through on a couple key points and the slight disorganization of a group that just met each other being involved in negotiation the negotiations didn't go very far in the group's favor either. At the end of the negotiations the Johnson finally says "Alright, I have things to do so I'll make my final offer, take it or leave it. ¥10,000 upfront for expenses, the remaining ¥26,000 upon delivery of the researcher and a copy of his research, including his personal notes. The research and notes can be in physical or digital form, it doesn't matter to me, and I don't care if there are other copies as they will be of no use to anyone without the researcher. Also, you'll get the additional ¥20,000 for the item upon delivery of it. There isn't a set time frame I want him by, you just have to get him before anyone else. Now if you'll excuse me I have some business to take care of while you discuss your answer amongst yourselves." He then gets up, walks over to the bar, takes a seat, and begins reading his pocket secretary.
Tabula Rasa
09/20/2060 - 2149

Aiku sits back and continues to drink his Bud as the negotiation commences. I hope this woman is as professional as she looks. Might as well leave it in her hands and hope for the best, I'd likely fuck things up.

He waits for the Johnson to leave before he turns to Ice Queen, "This shouldn't be so bad. Hopefully we are all professionals at this table and we can figure out how to get this shit done right. It shouldn't be too hard to find the other thing we gotta find either," he finishes his beer and puts it down on the table, "would just have to convince the glasses to tell us what and where it is."
apollo124
Slim thinks about it a moment, then says He mentioned that there were intercepted communiques about his upcoming extraction. Might be a good idea to get a hold of those. It'd be a little easier to convince him to come along if he thought we were sent by the other guy. Does this guy have family that he might want to not leave? Ice Queen, you seem to be our negotiator, so I will follow your lead on this. I think maybe it's a do-able run, if we get some extra data to work with.
Glyph
09/20/2060 - 2149

Ice Queen nods. Yes. Hopefully he will be more forthcoming with the details if we take the run, which I am inclined to do. He's rather green at this; normally, a Johnson will open with a lowball offer, so even a chump feels like he's bargained up to a better rate. But he seems pressed for time - hopefully that hasn't made him sloppy in his information gathering. This run already has a number of potential complications.

Her sharp gaze rakes across the others. But before we start the preliminary planning, which we should do in a slightly more secure location, I want to know who I'm working with. More specifically, what your specialties are. Since I'm asking, I'll also start. I am a sorceress, with a full range of offensive and defensive capabilities, but focused on healing. My magical healing abilities are complemented by my experience as a former paramedic. I am also familiar with stressful negotiations and high threat response tactics.
Havok
Ice Queen:
[ Spoiler ]

Biff nodded his great head in silence for a moment, listening to what everyone had to say. Everyone seemed shocked by the price, but Biff-Kun knew better. What this man offered seemed like a lot of money, but split six ways that was just over nine thou each (I think average in 3rd is 10k each? with 15k high-risk??). Which was actually sub-par. If nobody was smart enough to question it, they were setting themselves up for disaster. The great gears in his brain started to spin up, going into tactical mode.

First of all, there were already other teams after this target, and likely professional runner teams if not corporate themselves. Which meant there was definitely going to be a run-in. Fate just had a way of throwing these things at him. Also, if Biff was running an operation, he'd always make sure his researchers were guarded, so it was likely this scientist would be well guarded too. Voluntary extraction means that he wasn't happy with where he was at, which likely also means he was probably under even closer guard right now. AND, if this Johnson had an intercepted communique, its possible the company this man worked for would also have intercepted this communique. All in all, way too many blanks for his liking.

He tried once again to master this smiling thing, gave up, and instead returned to glowering at everyone around the table. His voice boomed out over the table, cutting through the conversation like a hot knife through butter. "For 56k nuyen each, I'm in. For 9k each, I need more details. This place is plenty secure enough for this conversation, Ice. Without a counter-offer for the doctor, he can make our life more interesting than he's worth. A hostile extraction is probably doable, but more trouble than we need to deal with. I know I don't want to be stuck lugging around dead weight. We need plans, schematics, and information, on both the target and the enemy. The best approach I can think of is to ambush the extraction team and take their places. This builds his trust towards us, and he may be willing to relinquish information about this item, or even help us "recover" it for him I'm not taking a foot towards this guy without much better information though."

Finished, Biff leaned back in his chair, letting everyone digest what he had said. Again, the chair creaked dangerously, causing a slight look of annoyance to cross over his face before it was gone again. What he hadn't told them was what worried him the most. These were all people that had never worked together before. There was something nagging at the back of his head, something familiar with that from his military days that he couldn't quite place a finger on...
[ Spoiler ]

"As to who I am, I am a former Mechanized Infantry member with a specialization in heavy weapons and pole-arms. I am heavily cybered for increased strength, durablity, and speed. I have walked away from a direct hit by a panther cannon; hopefully we won't have to deal with one of those on this run. I have seen more combat than most of you could dream of, and have the experience and benefit of rigorous military training. If I am still standing, being behind me is a good place to stay safe. If I start running, you had better hope you are faster than me. If I tell you to do something, it's probably for your own good." Biff raised an eyebrow at the assembled group, waiting to see their reaction. Looking back over at Ice Queen, something seemed very familiar about the way she stated her skills. It was almost paramilitary. Biff nodded to her in approval.
apollo124
Slim Jim watches and listens to the others for a moment, then takes his turn. He opens his coat as though to flash the others at the table, showing them the cyberdeck he has tethered to one shoulder and the submachine gun which is on a sling on his other shoulder. I'm also pretty good handling electronics. I haven't been out on the streets too long, but I do have some squad-level experience as a combat decker.
Tabula Rasa
09/20/2060 - 2149

Aiku hides his annoyance by downing the last of his Bud and makes sure to roll his eyes during Biff's monologue behind closed eyelids. Best watch myself around this guy... seems like the type to rip off your arms if you look at him wrong. Who introduces themselves with a rant like that anyway? At least all the big guns will be aimed his way.

He puts the empty bottle on the table before speaking, "I'm a B and E specialist. I'm also pretty good at surveillance and compromising electronic surveillance systems. As for the money and the job details," he turns his eyes to Biff and Ice, "I'll leave that up to the folks who clearly want to take charge of that at this point."
Chance359
Greven sits back and listens through the others introductions before adding. Call me Greven. I specialize in the application of military theory. While I might not have the berth of experience *mumbles* or the need to tell you about it, that Biff claims, I know my way around a firefight. And when not to be in a firefight.

As to the job, the money is on the low side for whats being asked, timetable sucks as does the additional objective. But on the positive side, it should be something easily handled, and we can use the other extraction team to our advantage. .

I think the best move is gonna be to take him at his home or in transit to work, then have him help us retrieve his work, claiming that its part of the deal for his extraction.
thegreatbuddha
The Shepherd sits with a passive face through the negotiations, that not being his forte. Setting his drink on the table, he leans in, voice barely breaking a whisper.

I have a few thoughts and concerns best voiced away from inquisitive ears. Me immediate thoughts are that, first, it is is a lowball offer. Second, we need to get our hands on those communiques. Third, I think our best hope lies in finding out when the extraction is going to take place.

Pulling back, he takes a long pull from his drink before leaning back in.

The Lord has sought fit to grant me the power to do miracles in His name. Wrath, healing, concealment, and things... best not mentioned are within my powers.

Pointing out his cybernetic eyes, he continues, He has also Blessed me with the gifts of vision and, touching his left arm, he adds, strength.
Glyph
09/20/2060 - 2149

Ice Queen mentally categorizes all of the specialties she has just been introduced to. Not a bad mix for new talent, actually. All they are really lacking is a rigger. Hopefully one of them at least has a vehicle - one that can hold a 12-foot tall troll. She doesn't seem peturbed by Biff's rant, or Shephard's unusual introduction, and seems calm as she nods and addresses the group:

Well, I think we can all agree that it's not the most optimal job, pay-wise. But despite the talent in this room - better than I was expecting, to be honest - we're still either new talent, or not in the situation we would like to be in just now. Part of paying your dues in the shadows is dealing with a few dangerous, low-paying jobs before your skill starts commanding better prices. I can tolerate the disappointing payout - I agree with some of the others, though, that he needs to be very forthcoming on useful information if we are to take this job. Provisionally, I'm in. How about the rest of you?
apollo124
I'm in, but more data is surely needed, at least as a starting point. Slim Jim says, taking a sip of his beer.
Tabula Rasa
09/20/2060 - 2150

Aiku leans forward on the table conspiratorially, "I'm good boss, lets get this show on the road and maybe we can all earn a better wage with our perfect reputations intact after this gig."
thegreatbuddha
I am in as well
fazzamar
09/20/2060 - 2151

The Johnson walks back to the table from the bar with a look of mild irritation across his face, "Of course I will provide more information about the communique and what information I have on the individual once you have accepted my offer. If you start demanding I provide more information about the target, such as floorplans, schedule, etc I will be more than happy to provide it... after I take the amount of nuyen it's going to cost me to hire a snoop out of your pay." says the Johnson as he coldly looks over everyone without bothering to take a seat. "So what'll it be?"
Tabula Rasa
09/20/2060 - 2151

Aiku leans back and runs his hand through his hair under his hood and looks at Ice while waiting for her respond.
Glyph
09/20/2060 - 2151

Ice Queen keeps her features blandly composed with an effort. Obviously, this rude outburst is intended to provoke someone at the table into a response that he can use to undercut our already insultingly low pay for the run. Either that, or his personality actually is that unpleasant. And now I have to answer for everyone, when I haven't even heard from everyone. Well, if they disagree with the job, they'll have to speak up now. I need to answer him right away, before someone else gives him the angry response he's trying to bait out of us.

We've discussed the job and our specialties among ourselves, and we have decided to accept your offer. I'm sure your own logistical support will be ample to let us begin to bring our own resources to bear upon the problem. After all, you have a vested interest in the success of this mission as well.

She settles back, as if to listen, although she still half expects someone to blow up at the pompous fool. A guilty part of her mind is almost hoping for it, even as badly as she needs the money.
Chance359
Greven stands and straightens his collar.

Well Mister Johnson, I'm in for the job. Looking at the others, I'll be outside, the air in here is getting a little overbearing for my tastes.

Turning to Ice Queen, I trust you'll handle the money side of things. I'll be in the blue GMC Bulldog to settle things up.

As Greven leaves the table, he throws a nod to the Johnson, Be seeing you.

Once outside the bar, I began scanning for the guy I saw on the way in.
apollo124
Well, I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought Mr. J was being an ass. And here I am trying to keep it chill so I don't look like an idiot kid among these folks. Didn't ask for floor plans or schedules anyway. Jackass. Jim thought to himself, sipping his beer and watching Greven head for the door. He nods to Ice Queen to signal again that he trusts her to do the negotiating for the team.
fazzamar
09/20/2060 - 2151

With a smug look spreading across his face that would make anyone want to punch him in the nose the Johnson says, "I'm glad we've come to understand each other. Here is all the information I have on him, a number to call when you need to reach me, and a copy of the communiques." and hands Ice Queen an optical chip and a certified credstick. After handing her the credstick he says, "It has the agreed upon ten thousand plus another six grand as an added little bonus." Just as you start to think the Johnson is starting to act a little more civil he adds, "Just be sure my investment isn't wasted. Now are there any questions?"
Havok
Biff observed the proceedings in silence, taking mental stock of those assembled. So we've got a decent amount of firepower, both physical and magical. We've got the potential to gather some decent intelligence, assuming people don't rush into things. This is doable.

He nodded at Mr. Johnson, and placed his credstick on the table. Talking was for the other people, he'd said what needed to be said and that was all. He'd never really been good at talking to people anyways.
Glyph
09/20/2060 - 2151

With a quick glance at the others, Ice Queen shakes her head with a slight smile. No, I think we're ready to hit the ground running with this job. If we have any questions about the information you've given us, we know how to contact you, but I don't think we'll need to waste any more of your time. Hopefully the next time you hear from us, it will be to tell you that we have completed the job. She shakes his hand if it is offered, but doesn't really expect the Johnson to make such a gesture. With a last elegant wave, she takes her leave of the establishment.
apollo124
9/20/2060-2151

As Ice Queen gets up, Slim Jim also stands and follows her out the door, conscious of the fact that she is carrying the intel he needs to get started, and of course, the cred to start the job.
Tabula Rasa
09/20/2060 - 2151

Dammit... I really hate jobs where we don't know each other. Aiku gets up from his seat and follows Ice Queen out the door, "So, what's the plan boss?"
Glyph
09/20/2060 - 2151

With a quick glance to see if the other runners are also following them out, Ice Queen answers Aiku. Once we copy the intel, we can go over it and see what we still need to do, legwork-wise, before hitting the target. Normally I would meet with everyone the next day, give them some time to digest the information before asking for ideas - but time, I'm afraid, isn't on our side. We'll split the advance, too. It doesn't quite split evenly - maybe do two and a half grand each, with a grand left for expenses? We'll see what everyone thinks.

One person bolted out the door, two following me, two looking not too sure - I can tell already, this job is going to be like herding cats. But we've been thrown together pretty quickly, no time to even chat before we're in the middle of job negotiations. Once I figure these people out a bit better, things should go more smoothly.
apollo124
9/20/2060-2152

Slim Jim asks as they are walking out "So, does anyone have a neutral place in mind we can go to discuss the data? No offense, but I don't think any of us know each other well enough to show each other our homes. Does anyone have a chip reader or will we need to get one or have me deck it open?"
Glyph
9/20/2060-2152

Ice Queen shakes her head. I'm not that familiar with the Tacoma area. But I'm sure there are plenty of low-class bars where a group of runners won't stand out like a sore thumb. We can get a semi-private booth with a vidscreen or dataterm, split the money, look at the data, and start planning the job. Greven is already out in his van - I would have liked to have settled this back inside, but I don't blame him for finding the Johnson's attitude a bit much to take. So we need to all get back together, and pick a place to meet up again. If no one knows any places in Tacoma, I know a dive near Redmond. Nasty place, but it will meet our needs. We won't stand out mixed in with all of the other slumming suits and legbreakers there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012