Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome Back to 2060 [OOC]
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
fazzamar
Here is Welcome Back to 2060's OOC thread.

Welcome Back to 2060 IC
BiffKun
Woo hoo! First post! nyahnyah.gif So I take it we're all ready to play then.

[psst. hey bro, I think we got an elephant in the corner]
[nah, dude, its just some freakish trog tryin ta look all pro' like]

Nobody pay attention to the troll in the corner! (hides behind a menu)
fazzamar
Biff:I can tell you're is used to playing 4th ed. There's no perception skill, you just use int for perception checks. Also, there arn't glitches, just success, failure, critical failures. You only get a critical failure when you come up with all 1's. For right now the dice rolling is going to be on the honor system. You roll, and just post the results. If I start getting suspicious then we'll switch to a online roller for pbp. I doubt it'll be a problem since I'm sure everyone realizes that cheating on rolling is just taking the fun away from not only yourself but everyone else.
BiffKun
I usually use invisiblecastle for rolling, but I do have a dice roller on my computer. And yeah, I played 3rd extensively but this is my first 3rd edition game since 4th came out. 4th edition was just so much better I never looked back lol
BiffKun
Alright everyone! I'm off to work so I may or may not be back on today. If not, my character is just going to observe the bar for the time being, and he'll meet with anyone who's obviously the johnson and take whatever the social character can negotiate up on the rate. After that he's going to go home and get his stuff, then meet the runners at whatever pre-determined place they come up with.

At least... that's his plan. Funny how things never seem to go according to plan haha.
apollo124
This is my first pbp game too, so feel free to give me constructive criticism. Here we go, chummers!

I'm sorry Fazz, I shouldn't have said what I perceive or don't. That's your call. Rolling perception...
fazzamar
I dunno how most pbp games handle it, but for right now I'll wait a day for a reply from Chance and thegreatbuddha. If no reply by around noon tomorrow EST I'll continue on and they'll just be late to the meet.
apollo124
I hadn't known about Invisiblecastle, so thanks Biffkun! I started a campaign on there called Welcome Back to 2060, if you want to use that for dice rolls. BTW, I rolled a better score on there than I did IRL with actual dice.
fazzamar
QUOTE (apollo124 @ Apr 5 2008, 10:20 PM) *
This is my first pbp game too, so feel free to give me constructive criticism. Here we go, chummers!

I'm sorry Fazz, I shouldn't have said what I perceive or don't. That's your call. Rolling perception...

Where are you using that roll for? Outside or inside?
Chance359
Rolls:
Biomonitor processor: 08 05 02 01 01

Street Etiquette for Molly's: 04 03 01 01
Criminal Organizations for Molly's to see if I know of any syndicate involvement with the place: 05 03 01

Perception outside Molly's: 14 11 09 05 01
Gang Identification outside Mollys: 08 03 02 01

Perception inside Molly's: 10 07 02 01 01 (I've got eye light and low light so darkness should be a problem
Gang Identification inside Molly's: 05 03 03 03

Sorry, let me know if I'm making too many rolls.

I signed up for Invisible castle too, felt kinda bad when the dice roller that comes with NSRCG came up with 11 11 11 08 for a roll, didnt want to seem fishy this early in the game.
apollo124
QUOTE (fazzamar @ Apr 6 2008, 12:35 AM) *
Where are you using that roll for? Outside or inside?

Inside, once I got the drink and started to look around at the bar.
fazzamar
Chance:You're response IC didn't match up with what everyone did so I'll change it up a bit to make it fit. Also the meet time is 2100 not 2000. I assume you meant to be there at the time of the meet not an hour early so I played it out as such.
Chance359
yeah, sorry, was half asleep after work when I posted that.
Havok
In the interest of a good roleplaying experience for everyone, can we get some character descriptions? Biff is a 13 foot tall black troll wearing a fairly nice business suit (at the moment). He has no obvious weapons on him and he's horribly ugly but actually smells pretty good (good hygiene).
Tabula Rasa
Aiku stands at around 6' tall with a thin, wiry build. He has a light, nearly perfect complexion, angular mixed Japanese features, bright green eyes and black, shiny hair. He typically dresses in dark rugged cloths, sneakers, and a hoody or wool cap over his head. To an astute observer he has many elven features, though his ears are almost always hidden by his hood or tucked into his cap.

His speech is intelligent but imperfect English with a hint of a Barrens accent - which he tends to slip into more often when he is stressed or pissed off. He tends to go about with a spring in his step and an easy smile, as if he is trying to make the best of what he has been given in life.
thegreatbuddha
Sorry for the delay. An instructor accused me of plagiarism,so I had to redo a report in between full time class and work. I'm caught up with that, so now I should be able to post twice daily (morning and late evening).
apollo124
Slim Jim is about 6'3", 187 lbs, well-built and muscular(but not augmented) and is human. He has a ruggedly handsome face, black hair that is usually tied into a ponytail with a turquoise-looking tie strap. His purple obviously cybernetic eyes can sometimes be observed rotating their pupils for focus. He is usually dressed in a red secure shirt, black leather pants, black leather boots, and a black Mortimer Greatcoat.

When going out on a job, he has an Ingram Smartgun in a sling hanging from his left side, and his cyberdeck in a sling hanging down his right side. He also wears a belt with 2 large pouches on it, containing his computer kit and his electronics kit. Spare clips are in his right coat pocket.
Glyph
Ice Queen is a short human woman with a slender build. She has pale blonde hair, pale blue eyes, and fair skin with a few freckles. She dresses stylishly but a bit conservatively and modestly, with minimal cosmetics (although she favors a silvery shade of lipstick). Even in casual wear, though, she will always be impeccably groomed.

She has a calm, well-modulated voice, and rarely seems to display strong emotions. Although well-versed in social graces, there is still a kind of cool reserve to her, slightly intimidating to some and a challenge to others.
BiffKun
Whew excited! Monster post off, and I hope it doesnt offend anyone, they're just Biff's thoughts. I'm not stating that your characters are in any way actually like what he described hehe. sleepy.gif

Also, I'm looking for a decent 3rd online dice rolling program. Invisiblecastle is great for 4th, but it can't handle exploding dice. Anyone have any ideas?
fazzamar
QUOTE (BiffKun @ Apr 8 2008, 04:52 AM) *
Whew excited! Monster post off, and I hope it doesnt offend anyone, they're just Biff's thoughts. I'm not stating that your characters are in any way actually like what he described hehe. sleepy.gif

Also, I'm looking for a decent 3rd online dice rolling program. Invisiblecastle is great for 4th, but it can't handle exploding dice. Anyone have any ideas?

I can make one... not sure when I'll have the chance. I'll post when it gets done... if someone else finds one online that saves rolls so others can view that'll be good too.
thegreatbuddha
http://www.irony.com/shadowroll.html
fazzamar
QUOTE (thegreatbuddha @ Apr 8 2008, 09:43 AM) *

That won't work, yea it rolls with exploding dice. But how are you going to show me your roll? Just type it in? Then how's that different if you just rolled dice at home and typed it in. I'll make something, prolly tomorrow. I'll make an official IC post later tonight... I have to get some sleep first though. Yay to working over nights! Not.
Kliko
make a 2nd roll in order to include the rule of six?
Havok
@thegreatbuddha
Hey I just wanted you to know that even though your character is likely to take some fire from the others for being "late", we all understand time constraints. Definately take care of real life before posting, especially school. Cant express how important school is. Anyways, I just wanted to post that word of encouragement, considering two of our characters had already made a mental note of it: it's just a roleplaying thing, we're not actually mad at you nyahnyah.gif

@fazzamar
That sounds awesome. If you were to make a recordable online exploding dice roller like that you should post it on the forums, I'm sure people would find that insanely useful. You might even be able to just take one of the current online dice rollers and edit it to fit (IF roll=6; THEN re-roll and add; etc)
thegreatbuddha
@havok: Thanks. I suppose I'm lucky in that I know exactly what I want to do in life (Executive Chef/ Restaurant Owner) and have it be an available career field.

@fazzamar: Oops. I'm used to the irony dice rollers sending an email out with each roll. I guess the shadowrun roller does not support that feature.
fazzamar
Despite what anyone in-game may have said about your character being 'late' no one is holding it against you in real life. I view it as just as in real life you sometimes get caught in traffic and you end up late despite your best efforts. Lets just say your character was late due to a attack on the subway tube that you're character was going to be using to get to the meet and had to find alternate means of transportation causing him to be 30 minutes late.
fazzamar
Everyone do a perception roll and please mention any audio enhancing cyberware you may have.
BiffKun
Unless this is in regards to what the Johnson is saying, my rolls were 3d6=3,2,1. Altogether underwhelming hehe.
Glyph
Perception roll:

[ Spoiler ]
thegreatbuddha
Perception Roll

[sblock]9, 5, 5, 2, 1, 1[/sblock]
Tabula Rasa
Perception roll with Hearing Enhancement Cyber
1, 2, 5, 4, 2, 1
apollo124
Fazz, I'm in hurry and have to go to work, but I did a bunch of perception tests for the time frame during which we were waiting for our final team member. They're all available on Invisiblecastle, Welcome back to 2060 campaign. I think the descriptions are pretty clear.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1557128/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1557129/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1557132/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1557138/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1557139/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1557141/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1557144/

Hearing perception test
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558035/

And no offense was intended to our late arrival. Believe me, if I tried to act upset, the Hypocrisy Police would be arresting me. And the only way "Slim" and I are in the same sentence is "I ain't slim" smile.gif
Chance359
Sorry I haven't posted, ISP issues including a few late night phone calls to tech support. I'll get caught up and post in the IC thread later tonight.
Tabula Rasa
Can you make the invisible castle die roller explode on 6s?
BiffKun
@Greven: Are you talking about Combat Biking or Urban Brawl?
Chance359
Urban Brawl is the Screamers, Combat Biking is the Timberwolves last time I checked.

[ Spoiler ]

Greven is a well tanned male in his mid 20's. He has dark hair, distinct scar on the left side of his face.

Greven
fazzamar
Everyone, I'm really sorry for not posting in a couple days. I just recently (this week) became acting store manager at my gas station and I'm still trying to get the hang of managing my time so that I have some time that doesn't involve just working or sleeping. While acting store manager at a gas station may not sound like a big deal, trust me the position holds a lot of responsibility and is a lot more work than an assistant manager position is (which I'm technically an assistant manager). Today I'm only working a half day so I should have plenty of time this afternoon to make a few posts. Once I get my time management skills down and get used to the increased work load then I'll be posting more regularly and we can get this game off the ground cause I'm pretty psyched about this game.
Chance359
Congrats on the promotion. good luck getting the hang of running the place.
Havok
Cool! Now we can stage runs out of your gas station! And if needed we can empty the tanks out and hide in there from Lonestar. Good job Fazzamar!
Glyph
Negotiation roll:

[ Spoiler ]
fazzamar
In this situation I'll allow the complementary skill. Also, FYI, I do negotiation as an opposed test of Negotiation(TN other's Int) for both. Whoever gets the net successes modifies the price by %10 per success.
Havok
I think I'm just going to post on this screen-name for now. Anyways, sorry if Biff ruffled any feathers, he does have a charisma of 1 after all. Fazzy, I changed his history slightly to be in the Mechanized Infantry, that made more sense than Special Forces, what with him not being sneaky at all.
fazzamar
I'll give another day or so for everyone to weigh in on while the Johnson's away... then we're continuing on.
thegreatbuddha
Sorry for the lack of posting on my part. I haven't been able to get on any sites except for 4chan and wikipedia since thursday. Go figure.

Latin roll: 8,2,2,2

IC post to follow
Chance359
Sorry about my actions, but I felt that I had nothing more to contribute to the negotiations.

Perception roll once back outside the bar: 11 07 05 04 01

apollo124
Edited my comment about the Urban Brawl game to something that actually made sense.
fazzamar
Do you guys really think it's that low of an offer? Sorry if I undercut you guys, it wasn't the intention... but I guess it'll have to be the johnson's intention now huh? hah. I hope the Johnson makes it out of this without getting punched in the face.

Also, has me giving 2 or 3 days for everyone to respond then continuing on not working out? I want to keep the game moving but I also want to give people ample time to respond, I figured 2 to 3 days would be ample time for everyone, but if that's not long enough just let me know and I'll start waiting till everyone responds, no matter how long it takes, within reason of course.

Shepard:
[ Spoiler ]
fazzamar
Lookin for some feedback guys... anyone?
Havok
I think things will pick up once we actually begin the run, with individual responses to individual characters. Just don't let anyone get too far ahead. A good DM can always find a way to bog down an overeager player while the rest catch up smile.gif
Havok
I will admit though, things are moving a bit too slowly for my taste frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012