Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sun roofs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fool
I was noticing that in the vehicle modifications there is no listing for sunroofs; the closest thing would be extra exit/entrance. But a sunroof doesn't really fill that role.
The reason I mention this is that there have been plenty of times when i've been playing when characters in a car stood up with their torsos sticking up out of the sunroof so that they could fire guns/ bows. and at least once when they caught a drone the rigger had flown in close
Larme
I think a sun roof is one of the bajillion options they didn't waste space in Arsenal on, like folding seats, or cupholders. Just use common sense biggrin.gif Do cars have sunroofs? Yes. Do they cost more? Not much. Can the players have one? Yes. How do they work? Make it up, it will take like 5 seconds nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
or just use the pimped out ride for such things *g*
Tarantula
I'd really go with the extra entry/exit points option. Do you need a sunroof? Then you have one. Do you need access to your trunk from inside? You got it! Do you need to slip out before the police flash their light inside the car? Rusty floorboard to the rescue!

If a character wanted a vehicle with a sunroof specifically, then sure, they have it, no charge. If they wanted their nondescript whatever car they bought have a sunroof because it'd be convenient at that moment? Edge roll, just to see if they're lucky. If that fails, then unless they had the mod, I'd say no sunroof.
nathanross
If modern cars are to be any example, it should be about 2,000 nuyen.gif for a good job. Did they happen to include figures for general bodywork? If not they should have. That would solve all issues that revolve around modifying a vehicles frame. Or you can assume that all cars have a sunroof (though with as toxic as the 2070 atmosphere is supposed to be, I'm not sure if they would even still be in style).
Arethusa
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Apr 6 2008, 08:14 PM) *
I'd really go with the extra entry/exit points option. Do you need a sunroof? Then you have one. Do you need access to your trunk from inside? You got it! Do you need to slip out before the police flash their light inside the car? Rusty floorboard to the rescue!

If a character wanted a vehicle with a sunroof specifically, then sure, they have it, no charge. If they wanted their nondescript whatever car they bought have a sunroof because it'd be convenient at that moment? Edge roll, just to see if they're lucky. If that fails, then unless they had the mod, I'd say no sunroof.

If you're really lucky, your car grows a sun roof?
Tarantula
QUOTE (Arethusa @ Apr 6 2008, 09:56 PM) *
If you're really lucky, your car grows a sun roof?

More like, if the player never specified one way or another, then if their character is lucky, and the player now wants the vehicle to have a sunroof, then it has one, and the character just never noticed it.

If the player specifically said no sunroof, then they don't have one. (But might have something just as useful with the extra entry/exit points mod).
If the player specifically said yes sunroof, then they have one.
Adarael
For real. If the Mercury Comet and similar vehicles are as ubiquitous as they should be (replacing the Americar) then they can have a sunroof if you want one. Honda Accords do, and they're pretty squarely in that bracket of vehicle type.
Cthulhudreams
I use edge/luck/other term from different gaming systems etc checks all the time as a great 'well, does the XYZ have some plausible feature ABC that is often, but not always, present on items XYZ' sunroofs are a great example.
ornot
However, the fluff goes on about air pollution and acid rain quite a bit. So is Joe Q Public going to want a sunroof? I suspect that they're less common in SR circa 2071 than air-con and advanced filtering systems.
Cabral
Are sunroofs that common nowadays? I think a lot more cars have moonroofs than sunroofs. For those unfamiliar with the term, moonroofs are like windows in the ceiling. An opaque cover slides out of the way (IIRC) to reveal a glass window that might be able to be tilted open a few inches to let air in.
DocTaotsu
Yeah... I'm not really sure I want a sunroof with all the bad things going on in 2070.

Presumably you need the sunroof to uhm... pull the Ronin and pop out of the top to light up other vehicles with automatic gunfire and the occasional RPG?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012