Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tisoz's April '08 Fiction Contest
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MaxHunter
fine. Congratulations Fulcra, I really liked your story -might read some of my comments above-

question: how do you stat a MP9?

Cheers,

Max
fulcra
Oh hey, you caught me. I originally wrote this story to be world agnostic. That is, I wrote it with the intent of taking out any shadowrun specific information. That why it might seem a tad 'vanilla' with regards to the shadowrun details. For this contest, I re-wrote in some of the shadowrun elements. The MP9 was one of the items I missed in my conversion. Kestrel actually uses an HK 227x. The MP9 is just a made up gun name. smile.gif

I did read all of the comments above, and I think the feedback is awesome. Thanks again....
HeavyMetalYeti
Is there going to be another contest in the near future?
knasser
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Jun 22 2008, 11:19 PM) *

If there is, I'm anonymously entering a story called "Dark King II." biggrin.gif
MaxHunter
:lol:
tisoz
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Jun 22 2008, 05:19 PM) *

I am still wrapping this one up.
Baatorian
I assume this is too late to join for the laugh of it?

- Baatorian
tisoz
QUOTE (Baatorian @ Jul 6 2008, 10:01 PM) *
I assume this is too late to join for the laugh of it?

- Baatorian

It's over. I'm trying to fill the winner's request.
HeavyMetalYeti
Just curious, I'm sure you already posted the answer but here goes, what kind of prize does the winner get anyway? That is, other than fame of course. grinbig.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Jul 16 2008, 10:14 PM) *
Just curious, I'm sure you already posted the answer but here goes, what kind of prize does the winner get anyway? That is, other than fame of course. grinbig.gif

I originally started sponsoring these contests before SR4 was released (and until the latest required pre-SR4 fiction) and offered the winner's choice of book, meaning SR1 - SR3 titles. I have few SR4 books and only one duplicate SR4 title (On the Run), but offered to order a new copy from Battlecorps to fill the latest request. The winner declined making me do so, and I am awaiting his reply to an inquiry about past edition books that could be used to help run a 4th edition game.

I think past winners have gotten Fields of Fire, Bug City, The Grimoire, and Lone Star among requested titles.
HeavyMetalYeti
Thanks for the response. Have you ever thought about having a contest that covered a specific event, location, time, or race etc. etc.? Maybe have one that has to be as canon as possible that way it could possibly be of some use for the Devs.
tisoz
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Jul 18 2008, 06:24 PM) *
Thanks for the response. Have you ever thought about having a contest that covered a specific event, location, time, or race etc. etc.? Maybe have one that has to be as canon as possible that way it could possibly be of some use for the Devs.

That they conform to canon is one of my requirements, though it doesn't always happen and the author usually gets mad when I point it out.

I have run specific contests, but they get few responses. The prize is the same, so I am getting less fiction for my money than just letting people write what they choose and waiting for 10 submissions. One specific topic contest had a single entry, that I honestly felt was trying to say it was on topic, but had little to nothing to do with what I intended. I also felt it was a poorly written piece of crap that would have lost to about any other entry, even an on topic piece of crap. But there was some uproar over me saying it was a second place finish in a one horse race, so I still awarded a book, though I did limit the choices that 1 time.

Others are welcome to put up awards and have a say in the judging. Maybe we would then have second place awards, and so on down the line.
knasser
Hey look! I've got another vote! biggrin.gif I only need one more to take joint second! biggrin.gif

Which reminds me, I promised people Part II. It's about 3/4 done. Soon, folks! Soon!
martindv
Nadja Daviar.

That's who the elf was. If I was any more brazen in describing her, I'd have had to post the picture from DotSW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012