Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [HELP] Shadowrun4 GM'ing Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
PalaNolho
What about Legwork? when the PCs contact the Contacts, you only give them free information related to the Knowledge skills the NPC has or it only dependes on the information roll?
Charging money will occur when the NPCs dont know or the knowledge roll is not enough and the PCs want more info, right ?

thanks
Crusher Bob
Depends on how much effort the contact has to go through. Asking your street doc to autopsy this body and find out what killed it means that he will have to take some time and effort. Asking him what he knows off the top of his head about the Doom anti-body based bioweapon is a much simpler and cheaper question.
Aaron
And asking him how to fix your alternator will probably be fairly futile.
Ryu
QUOTE (PalaNolho @ Jun 4 2008, 07:51 AM) *
What about Legwork? when the PCs contact the Contacts, you only give them free information related to the Knowledge skills the NPC has or it only dependes on the information roll?
Charging money will occur when the NPCs dont know or the knowledge roll is not enough and the PCs want more info, right ?

thanks

Two dimensions: Can your Contact help? What does the Contact demand?

Can your contact help?
I mostly decide what the contact knows/can do, no dice involved. Available time may be a major concern. Building something or analysing security logs takes time. There might be risk involved that the Contact will not face, like working against her own syndicate.

What does the contact demand?
Depends on the loyality, the risk, the necessary investment of time and money. Giving you contact data for a competitor has a rather high cost in the form of lost future revenue (expensive), while giving you said data on someone in a merely related field is money made on other peoples work (cheap).
Crusher Bob
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 4 2008, 10:44 PM) *
And asking him how to fix your alternator will probably be fairly futile.

When I asked my street doc to fix my alternator, I got my car back with this cool bio-engineered electrical squid strapped to the engine. All I have to do is keep the saltwater tank full, and feed it from time to time and it works great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012