Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adopt me, I'm cute
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Dusty Ghost
newbie.gif
Brand spanking new to Shadowrun 4th, got the quickstart rules and am slowly working through the SR4 Core rules.

So who wants me, I'll set up a player ASAP that fits the GM's game.

Thanks

Dusty
newbie.gif
imperialus
If you are looking to join a Play by Post game your best bet would be to lurk around the Welcome to the Shadows forum and wait for a new game to start recruiting. One usually pops up every other week or so.

If you are looking to join a face to face game then check out theGM/Players Registry. Just put a post up on there with your city in the subject line and see if you get any bites. If you have an local game store then you might also want to check and see if they have a corkboard that you can pin your details to and see if that helps. If you're really lucky you might even find a group that is actively recruiting.

Best of luck in your new career of shooting people in the face for fun and profit. grinbig.gif
CanRay
Wait... There's PROFIT in shooting people in the face?

*Sniff* To think, I've wasted so much on just FUN!
Zak
TTIWWP
JoelHalpern
QUOTE (imperialus @ May 8 2008, 03:21 PM) *
If you are looking to join a Play by Post game your best bet would be to lurk around the Welcome to the Shadows forum and wait for a new game to start recruiting. One usually pops up every other week or so.
Best of luck in your new career of shooting people in the face for fun and profit. grinbig.gif

Okay, so I have a couple of naive questions prompted by the above:
1) I periodically check the Welcome to the Shadows forum. But I seem unable to recognize new game postings? I think I saw one for a chat based game, and none for email / post based games. I presume I am not looking properly. Suggestions?
2) Mechanically, how well do email / posting based games work? How does one avoid having the combat take forever?

Thank you,
Joel Halpern
who is in the outer portions of Northern Virginia, and whose game-search efforts have failed repeatedly
imperialus
QUOTE (JoelHalpern @ May 8 2008, 01:27 PM) *
Okay, so I have a couple of naive questions prompted by the above:
1) I periodically check the Welcome to the Shadows forum. But I seem unable to recognize new game postings? I think I saw one for a chat based game, and none for email / post based games. I presume I am not looking properly. Suggestions?
2) Mechanically, how well do email / posting based games work? How does one avoid having the combat take forever?

Thank you,
Joel Halpern
who is in the outer portions of Northern Virginia, and whose game-search efforts have failed repeatedly

People usually open threads with "recruiting" in the title. It's mostly a matter of timing. When I'm looking for a game I'll usually check every morning. As soon as you see one jump on it.

As for how PbP's actually work it varies a great deal from game to game. Most games will have a posting schedule that players are expected to adhere to. Combat does take longer but there are shortcuts that can be taken to minimize the amount of time it takes. Sometimes the GM will just roll everyones initiative at once as a common example. Also a lot of experienced PbP GM's try to limit the amount of combat that takes place.
Dusty Ghost
Woot! Thanks for all the ideas, I'll scratch up on the rules and will keep a pointed ear to the ground in the hope of a run.

I'm from the Leicester area of England, so those in Canada are out of luck I'm afraid.

But that's not to say that I wouldn't join in a forum game.

Though to be honest we have 5 people right here, anyone wanna play GM? wobble.gif

Be SR4 core rule game for a noob or two though.
imperialus
Just to let any other new players know I'm recruiting for a PbP game targeted specifically towards people with either no, or limited experience. Please feel free to join up here.
Caine Hazen
Movified to a more appropriate forum.
Kerris
QUOTE (imperialus @ May 8 2008, 06:04 PM) *
Just to let any other new players know I'm recruiting for a PbP game targeted specifically towards people with either no, or limited experience. Please feel free to join up here.

Are you still recruiting for said PbP game? If so, I'd like to give it a shot. I have a mage all built and ready to go by the standard SR4 rules.
Dusty Ghost
Sorry Kerris, this was a while ago now.

To quote the recruitment thread:

"Recruitment is now CLOSED. Sorry if the subject line led you in here."
Dusty Ghost
If you make a thread like I did, you may get someone kind like Imperialus put you in their game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012