Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NYC Events at Origins
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
the_dunner
Here are the relevant events for Origins in Columbus, from 6/26-6/29.

THU 8:00 AM 6239 SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend
Sometimes following up on a job really means following. You've been hired to track down an old acquaintance who's fled across the continent. BYOC!
THU 10:00 AM 6286 SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend
Sometimes following up on a job really means following. You've been hired to track down an old acquaintance who's fled across the continent. BYOC!
THU 1:00 PM 6374 SRM03-01 Ready, Set, Gogh
By 2070, life literally imitates art. Some people have a fetish for it and it's your job to see that it's delivered and still breathing. BYOC!
THU 3:00 PM 6434 SRM03-01 Ready, Set, Gogh
By 2070, life literally imitates art. Some people have a fetish for it and it's your job to see that it's delivered and still breathing. BYOC!

FRI 8:00 AM 6651 SRM03-02 Block War
What starts as a petty fight could degenerate to a full scale war. When things are turning sour, who said mediators had to be neutral? BYOC!
FRI 10:00 AM 6701 SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend
FRI 1:00 PM 6808 SRM03-03 Burning Bridges
The voice on the other end of the comm sounds desperate. The kind that pays well. Then he asked, "How much do you know about demolitions?" BYOC!
FRI 3:00 PM 6862 SRM03-01 Ready, Set, Gogh

SAT 8:00 AM 7054 SRM03-00 Everyone's Your Friend
SAT 10:00 AM 7104 SRM03-02 Block War
What starts as a petty fight could degenerate to a full scale war. When things are turning sour, who said mediators had to be neutral? BYOC!
SAT 1:00 PM 7196 SRM03-01 Ready, Set, Gogh
SAT 3:00 PM 7252 SRM03-03 Burning Bridges
The voice on the other end of the comm sounds desperate. The kind that pays well. Then he asked, "How much do you know about demolitions?" BYOC!

SUN 8:00 AM 7435 SRM03-02 Block War
SUN 10:00 AM 7472 SRM03-03 Burning Bridges

paws2sky
Awesome!

Now I just need to figure out if there's any chance in hell of making those 0800 events... Hmm.

-paws
Naptown Wendigo
So hopefully at Origins I'll be playing my first game of Shadowrun. I have the 4th edition book and my character ready to go or at least so I hope. Are there any special universal rules for the missions that I need to adhere to?

My person is on par in terms of build point distribution for the sample characters presented in the book and all my gear is at or below the allowed levels. One odd question, through the use of negative qualities can I end up using more than 400 build points (currently at 405)?
Aaron
More or less. Mathematically, you're still at 400 BP, since the negative qualities have negative values. But you get the idea, yeah.
Naptown Wendigo
Sounds good. Here's hoping I don't take a bullet to the face in the first few minutes.
R-Caine

Is there going to be any type of conversion, or karma transfer like there was between the last 2 campaigns?

R-Caine
cryptoknight
QUOTE (R-Caine @ May 14 2008, 02:48 PM) *
Is there going to be any type of conversion, or karma transfer like there was between the last 2 campaigns?

Good question... I recall Dunner talking about that too
In this thread even: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=21267
QUOTE ("the_Dunner")

Can an existing SRM character that has participated in the Denver series be carried over into the NYC series? (I am scheming to do a Mission before GenCon, if possible).

There will be a character transfer mechanism. I'll have the fine details available well in advance of Origins.

the_dunner
A character transfer document will be released before the end of May. smile.gif
cryptoknight
QUOTE (the_dunner @ May 14 2008, 03:28 PM) *
A character transfer document will be released before the end of May. smile.gif

Yay!
The_Mailman
I read somewhere...cant recall where, it was to the effect that you could only do 1 run per game week to count towards your character " leveling". With that being said can I participate in more than 1 SR4 mission at Origins for it to count towards advancing my character?

Thanks in advance
paws2sky
As I understand it, yes. You record what your character is doing each "game week," not real week, on a tracking form that stays with your character.

-paws
the_dunner
paws2sky is correct in his understanding. It's 1 per "game week," not per real life week--as used to calculate lifestyle costs. If you want to play in all 4 events at Origins, you're not only welcome to, you're encouraged to do so. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012