Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Possesion for real?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Muspellsheimr
Which brings up a question of mine. One unbound spirit at a time is cannon. However, several members of my group believe you are also limited to one bound spirit active at a time, regardless of how many you have in stand-by. I have been unable to find any rules to support this, leading me to believe you can have all your bound spirits active at a single time. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?
weblife
QUOTE (Jaid @ May 21 2008, 10:03 PM) *
right... that's what i meant to say anyways, thanks frank =S

So its been changed in the errata so you can no longer chain-remote-service spirits? - Thats what you meant? smile.gif

If yes, good! - We were having all sorts of issues trying to think of a reason mages were not simply swarming their enemies with low-force spirits in hordes and hordes.

Does anyone have a linky or directions to where I can read up on this change?

Muspellsheimr, AFAIK you are only limited by CHA on the Amount of Bound spirits, you can request services from any and all of them at any given time. No limitation on how many can be "online" at a time.

Typically corp mages will bind their spirits and sometimes set some to be guarding installations as "full-time" jobs. Meanwhile, they might have a few more for active duty.

An entrepid runner mage might have one or two at home, guarding the lair, and a few on the run. Having at least 1 Bound spirit of some Force is never a bad idea, is the fan is struck by faeces, its nice to be able to call in extra support.
Fortune
QUOTE (SR4 pg. 180)
A magician may have a number of spirits bound equal to her Charisma. Any attempt to bind a spirit beyond this maximum automatically fails.
Fortune
QUOTE (weblife @ May 22 2008, 08:09 AM) *
So its been changed in the errata so you can no longer chain-remote-service spirits? - Thats what you meant? smile.gif

If yes, good! - We were having all sorts of issues trying to think of a reason mages were not simply swarming their enemies with low-force spirits in hordes and hordes.

Does anyone have a linky or directions to where I can read up on this change?

Yep! This specific tidbit is from the 4th edition of the Errata, if I recall correctly ...

QUOTE (SR4 Errata)
p. 178 Remote Services [4]
The last two lines should read:
“Once a spirit has completed a remote service, it is technically released (unless it is a bound spirit). Spirits on remote service continue to count against the limit of summoned spirits until their remote service is completed.�

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012