Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modding Cyberguns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
i101
Just took a break from learning math and the first thing that jumps thru my mind is shadowrun.
Say does anyone know if it is possible to mod cyberguns? I am thinking about a firemode modification like singleshot > burstmod.
JeffSz
I don't recall anything in the rules about this, though I could be wrong.

I would say it's up to your GM.

At my table I will allow/disallow mods for cyberguns on a case-by-case basis, depending on the modification, when the player says "hey can I do this?"
Valrus
I don't see why not. I would consider ruling that the mods take up their slots in capacity for the limb though just to keep things in check.
i101
Thanks guys. I am the GM so i asked to hear other opinions before i decide something, its clear that i wouldnt allow any kind of barrel modifications. We are talking here about ceramic/plaststeel components and a firing selection change.
Stahlseele
SR4 or SR3?
i am guessing SR4 . . in SR3 i would be very carefull . . imagine someone getting an implanted 10M/13S Damage H-Pistol *g*
Or an Implant Shotgun with Burst Fire . . things get ugly fast like that ^^
i101
Like the post icon says it is SR4 wink.gif
Stahlseele
bah, icons, shmicons ._.
Fortune
There are rules for modifying weapons in Arsenal. Cyberguns are considered weapons. There is nothing in any of the books that differentiates cyberguns from any other firearms, nor anything barring them from being modified. Ergo, by canon, cyberguns can be modified using Arsenal's weapon modification rules. smile.gif
Stahlseele
now i imagine someone modding an eye-gun for full auto x.x . .
hmm . . cyber-skull has capacity . . is it enough to fit a shotgun in? O.o
Cain
QUOTE (Fortune @ May 27 2008, 01:21 PM) *
There are rules for modifying weapons in Arsenal. Cyberguns are considered weapons. There is nothing in any of the books that differentiates cyberguns from any other firearms, nor anything barring them from being modified. Ergo, by canon, cyberguns can be modified using Arsenal's weapon modification rules. smile.gif

I'd add that using up the normal weapon slots shouldn't cost anything more than time and nuyen. Requiring Capacity to add a smartlink seems excessive.
Fortune
I definitely agree with that.
WeaverMount
Yeah by RAW all the mods are a go for the reasons fortune mentioned. I'd still limit the mods to ones that don't change the size and shape of the weapon. If I was being a hard ass I'd add the cybertechnology skill as an additional requirement for the mod on top of what ever Arsenal says.
Daier Mune
QUOTE (Cain @ May 27 2008, 07:27 PM) *
I'd add that using up the normal weapon slots shouldn't cost anything more than time and nuyen. Requiring Capacity to add a smartlink seems excessive.

actualy, according to RAW all "standard" cyberguns come standard with smartlinks (although, for some reason, they can be accesorized with laser sights). for reasons not entirely clear, the ranged cyberweapons in Augmentation can not have a smartlink (even though i'm fairly certain that a standard squirt or dart gun can benefit from a smartlink).

i'd probably rule that cyberguns have slightly less capacity than standard guns. like 4 or 5 slots instead of the standard 6.
PlatonicPimp
Sweet! I was totally wanting a cybergun with an underbarrel weapon mount. [/sarcasm]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012