Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any SR Missions being run at GenConOz?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
luke s
I was wondering if there are any plans to run any of the new SR Missions NYC campaign at GenConOz in Brisbane, Australia in July 2008?
the_dunner
Yep! One of the members of the Catalyst Demo Team has submitted a number of events. I'll see if he can pop in and post the schedule.
CloisterCobra
Hey there,

My name is Grant (Long time lurker, first time poster), I'll be running the new Shadowrun Missions at GenCon Oz, I'll be running the first four New York Missions twice each. I posted them in double-up order (so 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4), but due to scheduling it didn't quite work out that way. I have some sign-ups already, but I think there is at least four spots in each game (I'll run with a maximum of seven.)

To Summarise:
00 Everyones your friend, 9am on the 3rd,
01 Ready, Set, Gogh, 1pm on the 3rd,

00 Everyones your friend, 9am on the 4th,
01 Ready, Set, Gogh, 1pm on the 4th,
02 Block War, 7pm on the 4th,

02 Block War, 9am on the 5th,
03 Burning Bridges, 2pm on the 5th,

03 Burning Bridges, 12:30pm on the 6th.

About me:
I'm a fairly recent member of the Catalyst Game Demo Team, I live in Wellington New Zealand, and have run a good many of the Denver-based missions. I've been playing and running Shadowrun games for years, and have been at local New Zealand Conventions, but this will be my first time at a Gen Con. With this in mind, and my pretty gruelling Thursday schedule, please understand if I'm not quite as coherent as you'd like after Block War finishes on Thursday smile.gif

I don't know if there are any other Missions or Shadowrun games being run, I'm co-ordinating with the other CDT members, but they all seem to be running Battletech.

If you are going to be converting over Denver Missions Characters, it'd probably be wise to arrive on time or a little early so I can give it a once-over and do all the paperwork. I'll bring along some pre-gens as well.... actually, does anyone here have suggestions for pre-gen characters? I've read often that the sample ones in the main book aren't up to scratch, but they do look pretty spectacular with their full-colour pictures and funky layout. I don't mind making up a few to give people, and I'll probably look for pictures and things to put on as well.

If you're going to be in Brizzie for the Con let me know and maybe we can lift a wrist at some sort of local watering hole. Although I probably won't go late or hard out with a 9am start on the Wednesday wink.gif

I'm currently tossing up whether to play in other games, my only real opportunity would probably be on the Sunday or one of the pick-up games. Any advice from other GenCon attendees that have run games?

Cheers
Grant, aka CloisterCobra
CloisterCobra
QUOTE (luke s @ Jun 1 2008, 09:15 PM) *
I was wondering if there are any plans to run any of the new SR Missions NYC campaign at GenConOz in Brisbane, Australia in July 2008?

So, you coming along?
Westiex
I'll be there, though I won't be in any of the SR missions as I'm trying to broaden my gaming horizons. If you're interested in hooking up, we can swap phone numbers or something smile.gif
Aaron
If somebody can cover my travel, room, and board, I'll run or demo every slot of the convention.

Just thought I'd mention ...
Westiex
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 4 2008, 10:46 AM) *
If somebody can cover my travel, room, and board, I'll run or demo every slot of the convention.

If you check out the GenConOz pages you'll find that they're willing to cover some volunteer spots.

QUOTE (Genconoz.com)
it should be. As detailed in the Event Host Policy, GMs and Event Organisers may be reimbursed for the cost of their badge depending on the number of games they run. As an additional thank-you from the Gen Con™ Australia team, Event Organisers and GMs who aren't sponsored by a company or game group can also benefit from accommodation reimbursements covering their say over the course of the Gen Con Australia weekend.

http://www.genconoz.com/media/documents/gca08-ehp.pdf
Aaron
Unfortunately, that doesn't actually get me to Oz.
luke s
QUOTE (CloisterCobra @ Jun 4 2008, 09:19 AM) *
So, you coming along?

Indeed. Not sure which ones I'll be playing as yet but definitely a couple of sessions
CloisterCobra
QUOTE (luke s @ Jun 8 2008, 08:27 PM) *
Indeed. Not sure which ones I'll be playing as yet but definitely a couple of sessions

Rock, I'll see you there smile.gif

Cheers
CC
Dashifen
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 4 2008, 08:46 AM) *

Funny ... I had the same thought biggrin.gif
luke s
For our international visitors to GenConOz, the final match of an annual 3 game rugby league football event between Queensland and New South Wales called "State of Origin" is on tonight - the day before GenConOz starts.

Just a word of warning, many of us Queenslanders take the match fairly seriously and the pubs and clubs will be full at 7.30 pm (if you were thinking about going out for a quiet pre-con dinner or drinks!)

The series is 1-1, so if we win, Brisbane will pretty much be a zoo (if the previous match was anything to go by!) after the game.

Just giving everyone a heads up.

Go the Maroons (the Queensland team!)
CloisterCobra
Well, I had a blast running games for you guys, the ones of you who came along smile.gif

I think I remember you Luke, but all the names are beginning to blurr together.

I also think I'll need to pump some advertising for Shadowrun Demo Team Members, there seemed to be enough demand to support a few over here.

Anyway, flight in a couple of hours, than you guys for making a Kiwi feel welcome!

Cheers
CC
Tarot
Hi dude, it's Matt here, although you might remember my character's name (Tarot) and his antics with his tarot cards and various explosive devices a bit better.

Just wanted to say thanks again for the great games and the truly epic effort on Friday!

Tarot
CloisterCobra
I do indeed, it was my pleasure, Friday has got to be the most intense day of gaming I've had smile.gif

Cheers
CC
luke s
QUOTE (CloisterCobra @ Jul 8 2008, 02:06 PM) *
Well, I had a blast running games for you guys, the ones of you who came along smile.gif

I think I remember you Luke, but all the names are beginning to blurr together.

I also think I'll need to pump some advertising for Shadowrun Demo Team Members, there seemed to be enough demand to support a few over here.

Anyway, flight in a couple of hours, than you guys for making a Kiwi feel welcome!

Cheers
CC

Hi Grant,

Thanks for running the new Denver missions for GenCon Oz from everyone who participated. Your sessions were the highlight of the convention for me and I'm sure I'm not alone with that view.

It's nice to know that NYC is a safe place for metrosexual orkish Norse Bear Sarks rotate.gif

Hope to see you again on the missions and thanks again for some great DMing. I am surprised that you made it through Friday sane!!

Luke

PS I hope you got to play one of the other Shadowrun sessions on offer.
CloisterCobra
QUOTE (luke s @ Jul 16 2008, 12:45 AM) *
Hi Grant,

Thanks for running the new Denver missions for GenCon Oz from everyone who participated. Your sessions were the highlight of the convention for me and I'm sure I'm not alone with that view.

It's nice to know that NYC is a safe place for metrosexual orkish Norse Bear Sarks rotate.gif

One of the most interesting character concepts of the Con smile.gif

QUOTE (luke s @ Jul 16 2008, 12:45 AM) *
Hope to see you again on the missions and thanks again for some great DMing. I am surprised that you made it through Friday sane!!

Luke

PS I hope you got to play one of the other Shadowrun sessions on offer.

Thank you for playing! I did play in "Open Road", and I'm not 100% sure I was particularly sane in the first place, but I think I managed ok. Next time I'll schedule more playing time.

Thank you again, it was fantastic gaming with you smile.gif

Cheers
CC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012