Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Updates to Character Dossier & The Combat Pad
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
ismodred
Well its been a while since I have done any updates, which is good is suppose,

here is the character dossier that incorporates the new skills from the last two books as well as martial arts. (included in the package is a lite version)

Character Dossier

After playing with the combat pad for 2 years now I finally got around to changing it .. grouping skills by attribute.. so it was faster to fill out.

whats a combat pad you ask? well it's a GM's tool to quickly flesh out npcs & critters.

Combat Pad

thanks for the inquires & requests.
Muspellsheimr
Excellent work.

There are a few adjustments I would recommend, however.

First, there seems to be to little room for custom spells & similar - it would be nice to have it expanded a bit.

Second, the augmentation section at the end is really insufficient, at least for every character I have made. It lacks a section for headware entirely, and I always run out of room on the Torso section. I would guess that if any of my characters used enhancements in the other area's, I would likely use up all available room, and then some there as well. I would suggest removing the picture in favor of a more streamlined layout similar to the rest of the sheets - along with an attribute block for total adjustments.

And finally, it would be awesome if you could create an interactive version, so people could fill in their character's before printing it out. This could also be used to save room by allowing drop-down menus for things such as spells, adept powers, martial arts, & qualities.

I have limited access to software at the moment, but if you would like any assistance with what I have suggested, I would be happy to do what I can.
ismodred
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Jun 4 2008, 04:24 AM) *
Excellent work.

There are a few adjustments I would recommend, however.

First, there seems to be to little room for custom spells & similar - it would be nice to have it expanded a bit.

Second, the augmentation section at the end is really insufficient, at least for every character I have made. It lacks a section for headware entirely, and I always run out of room on the Torso section. I would guess that if any of my characters used enhancements in the other area's, I would likely use up all available room, and then some there as well. I would suggest removing the picture in favor of a more streamlined layout similar to the rest of the sheets - along with an attribute block for total adjustments.

And finally, it would be awesome if you could create an interactive version, so people could fill in their character's before printing it out. This could also be used to save room by allowing drop-down menus for things such as spells, adept powers, martial arts, & qualities.

I have limited access to software at the moment, but if you would like any assistance with what I have suggested, I would be happy to do what I can.

it will be easy enough to just make a whole page of blank spells...but if one of you has a better idea lets hear it.

I was looking at augmentation the other day while i was playing and i agree.. i actually played around adding some more boxes this revision.. but ended up undoing all the work cause i did not like the way it looked....

i'm torn between three formats
a) same thing i have but have it spread over two pages (i really like the davinci man)
b) same as option a but replace davinci man with the woman on the front of the augmentation book
c) get rid of the graphic and just have a page of text
d) option b but with someone's custom dwg that is cool.. i know i said three formats.. deal with it

interactive version... see this topic there is someone working on this from an much earlier version of the dossier.. i keep telling myself that i'm going to learn html.. i have no objection if someone wants to develop a web version based off my pdfs.. i can even host them.. i just don't have time to develop them and then there's alway updates and maintenance to worry about but i'm game if one of you are.

i don't know how many people use the dossier but those that do feel free let me know what you'd like to see on the augmentations page.
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (ismodred @ Jun 13 2008, 01:00 PM) *
b) same as option a but replace davinci man with the woman on the front of the augmentation book

No. Terrible picture.

I would suggest, if you want to keep the Davinci, perhaps enlarge the picture to take up the entire page, but fade it some, and place the stat blocks over the appropriate sections instead of lines leading to them. This would also allow you to do away with the boxes, making it look more streamlined.
ismodred
that would work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012