Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Cyberlimbs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
psionghost
Ok if someone could help explain this alittle to me, I have a question regarding cyberlimbs.

Now i've read other posts here in the forums regarding stats for the cyberlimbs, Now in BBB basicly it only allows so much room to increase stats above 3 (B/A/S) unless you have a cybertorso. Even then because of capacity it limits you to listed stats of 1-7 max. But ive read in other posts people saying they can get cyberlimb stats above that like 10 or 12?

Now is this in augmentation? I do not have that book yet hopefully it comes in tommorow or next week till i finally get it, So if someone could just give me some minor detail into this, and if it is in augmentation.

Thanks...
Fortune
The Cyberlimb rules in the BBB are for basically off-the-shelf 'wares, or production line budget models. The rules in Augmentation are designed for the more discriminating consumer, and are much better.
Synner
Advanced Cyberlimb rules can indeed be found in Augmentation, these include customized, modular, and optimized cyberlimbs. They're some of the things I'm happiest about in the book.
Cain
I agree that the advanced cyberlimb rules in Augmentation is quite an improvement, but what would the harm be in starting the base stats of a cyberlimb as equal to the base character's?
psionghost
QUOTE (Synner @ Jun 3 2008, 10:46 PM) *
Advanced Cyberlimb rules can indeed be found in Augmentation, these include customized, modular, and optimized cyberlimbs. They're some of the things I'm happiest about in the book.

Wow, never thought you would reply to my post... sweet.

Anyways thanks (you too Fortune) I really hope my copy comes in tomorrow, I've been reading the forums here on some of the posts regarding the stuff from augmentation and I'm kinda pumped for that material.
PlatonicPimp
QUOTE (Cain @ Jun 4 2008, 04:44 AM) *
I agree that the advanced cyberlimb rules in Augmentation is quite an improvement, but what would the harm be in starting the base stats of a cyberlimb as equal to the base character's?

Nothing, except that it would require changing the main rulebook. I thought the solution that they used was rather clever in both fixing the issue and not having to erratta the main rules at the same time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012