Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Other Elemental Combat Spells
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
paws2sky
On page 168 of Street Magic, there's a box that talks about taking existing combat spells like Lighting Bolt and changing the elemental effect to something else.

Is this permitted for starting SRM characters? Could I start with Laser or Blizzard, for instance?

Or do I need to design or buy the spell first?

-paws
the_dunner
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Jun 4 2008, 03:28 PM) *
On page 168 of Street Magic, there's a box that talks about taking existing combat spells like Lighting Bolt and changing the elemental effect to something else.

Is this permitted for starting SRM characters? Could I start with Laser or Blizzard, for instance?

Or do I need to design or buy the spell first?

Technically, that qualifies as spell design, and should be posted in the spell design thread.

Realistically, it's a minor change that isn't going to effect drain at all. So, I'm not going to get too worked up about it. smile.gif
Fortune
I don't see it as being any different that the spells like 'Slay (drop bears)' or Detect (bananas), in which a particular element (no pun intended) has to be selected when the spell is learned. As they are actually mentioned in canon, it isn't a stretch to assume that the various spell designs already exist.

But the_dunner is the dude, so his word goes. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012