Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a player for remote game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Backgammon
I have an existing remote (Skype + openRPG) game going - our thread is here

The campaign is a Noir private investigation type of game - not so much gunplay and combat as following leads and uncovering clues (though there is some combat!)

We lost the player playing the team Hacker, so I am specifically looking for someone looking to play a Hacker type - Technomancer or Hacker-slash-something is fine.

We play Fridays at 8pm EST till whatever. We aim for a game every week, but average out at 1 to 3 times a month.

Please post interest here, PM me or post in our game thread.

Thanks!
Mickle5125
if, come august, you're still looking, I might be available to join in. For this summer, however, life is just too unpredictable to promise to be online for the necessary time frame.
Digital Heroin
I cannot 100% commit at this point, as I'm sailing during the week all summer, and I'm not sure what time I'll be in and home Fridays, but my interesting is piqued, especially upon reading the game thread. I'll cook someone up to fit with Manhattan noir, and get back to you as soon as I get a better picture of my alongside timings Fridays.
Backgammon
Sounds good
Dantic
I would definitely be interested, especially since I've been wanting to play a TM, if you still need someone, or if Heroin can't come through I'll be glad to submit a character, Not sure about how skype works, but can figure it out, I'm sure. grinbig.gif
Backgammon
Submit ahead! Technomancers are welcome. Feel free to PM me or post on our game thread for character feedback. Skype is very simple, but you do need a headset. Free standing microphones can be acceptable too, as long as the quality is good.

There are some guidelines for char creation:

Character should be dark and flawed as befits a Noir setting. But no loners - you will be part of a team and I don't want to deal with renegade characters. Characters should be 375 BPs. No limits on Qualities. You can flip through the first few pages of the game thread to see what everyone else did with char creation.
Backgammon
Haven't received any submissions, still looking for interested players...

Thanks
Mickle5125
when you say no limit to qualities... you mean I could get 400 extra BP for negative qualities?
Backgammon
I mean use your judgement - if you build a retarded character I will reject it wink.gif
Mickle5125
well, a technomancer's pretty much useless everywhere else anyway... ^_~
Backgammon
Our previous hacker was a one trick pony too. He was an interesting one trick pony, though. Personality counts for more than in-game numbers and abilities.
Mickle5125
well, what sorts of characters do you have in the game so far?

by the way, I'm still unreliable when it comes to availability for the game... once I'm back at school, I'll certainly be more available. *shrugs* I like building characters, however, so I'll go ahead and hack one out for your game...

How much hacking do you really envision happening? I mean, should he be good enough to open doors, hack e-mail, and do relatively easy stuff? or should I make the uber-hacker who can break any system in the world in his sleep?
Backgammon
We have a rounded adept, a mage and a, err, athletic social semi-samurai I guess you could call him.

You can make a hacker in whatever range of skill you want - more rounded and thus less good at hacking, or totally specialized. As long as you can do some basic system intrusion and commlink invasion you should be fine. Ultimately, you'll just end up playing according to what you make, so it's really up to you!
Mickle5125
Personality-wise, what are the characters? All angsty anti-heroes? a dumb blonde, a gruff midget, and 2 circus clowns?
Backgammon
The aim is to have a Noir feeling. So characters have a sort of "this is my last chance for redemption" feel. These are people with many personal problems (addictions, inner turmoil, acceptance problems) who basically can't get a job anywhere else, aren't wanted anywhere else. But they are fundamentally good people - they are detectives, they help people. They want to believe. They want to do the right thing, even if they don't always do so. But they want to try. They want to hope. All the PCs are different, but all align on this axis.

The setting, being in NYC, reinforces the feeling. Manhattan, the corporate fascist enclave, rejects the masses and locks out undesireables, who live in bad conditions all around in the burbs. Everyone wants to live on Manhattan. But what is the price of acceptance?
Mickle5125
*grins happily* oh, I can work with this... *wanders off, muttering about who he wants to bring to life this time around* He's good... but she's better... oo! what about him? ... possibilities, possibilities...
Mickle5125
well, this is interesting... I have a character with well set up stats... he sounds perfect for this... unfortunately, personality-wise, he probably doesn't fit at all... I'll have to work on him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012