Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom GM Screen
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
HeavyMetalYeti
This subject was brought up on another thread about the SR4 GM screen being too flimsy and having charts on it that aren’t as important as ones that are not on it. So my questions are:

Anyone make their own GM screen?

If you were to make your own, what charts would you put on it?

Would/did you put on a clip of some sort to hold PC information cheat sheets?

What did you use for the main body of the screen? Cardboard, foam board, wood, or one of those “science project� displays.
Fuchs
I made a four panel screen for SR. Cardboard as base, linked with double-sided duct tape, on top of those came plastic "slipcovers" (those transparent thingies you can put paper sheets in) on both sides (8 total). Transparent duct tape to reinforce the folds.

For charts, I used the Cheat Sheets for ranged combat, melee combat and magic, but I can change those easily , just need to replace the sheets.

Now, if I could find the time to make my renders for the cover side...
DMFubar
I once made a GM screen for another gaming system (Battlelords of 23rd Century) that was pretty good. I used 4 cardboard backs for the base with binding combs attaching each cardboard sheet to the other, so it could be easily folded up. I am thinking about doing the same thing for my SR game, though only using two sheets for charts. The other two I am thinking about using the idea above of transparent pages that I can slip other sheets into, and have information on NPC's, plots, storyline readily available so I don't have to spend time looking for the info on my laptop.

Thanks for the additional idea there Fuchs.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012