Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Environmental Hazards
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
VagabondStar
All right. "Getting there is half the fun" is the old saying. Any grunt who's spent some time in a line unit will know otherwise.

Shadowrunners typically are not exposed to the same kind of prolonged environmental hazards that soldiers (or Marines) are - but for the sake of more crunch, I think an investigation of the toll that mother nature can take on mission accomplishment is warranted based on previous entries in other topics.

So: The cold, the heat, the exposure to the sun (without an ozone layer!), dehydration, and anything else you can think of is fair game.
CanRay
Bad food, unknown safety of water supply, pissed off local fathers with looted rifles...

That's the ones I remember hearing about from some WWII Grunts.
Stahlseele
rain . . imagine a cat-shaman having to go through that . . allways an instant +1 to his target number in SR3 *g*
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 27 2008, 05:37 PM) *
rain . . imagine a cat-shaman having to go through that . . allways an instant +1 to his target number in SR3 *g*

It's Cyberpunk, it's always raining.

It's Seattle, it's raining even more! vegm.gif
Dashifen
A variety of environmental hazards are detailed in Arsenal starting on page 163. They cover hazards in deserts, at the poles, in space, underwater, and in radioactive territory.
CanRay
Here's an enviromental hazard for Western Soldiers!

LACK OF BEER!!!

'Course, that could just be my Canadian nature coming through.
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 28 2008, 12:40 AM) *
Here's an enviromental hazard for Western Soldiers!

LACK OF BEER!!!

'Course, that could just be my Canadian nature coming through.

Alcohol is a positive morale factor generally, so it is a hazard.
CanRay
It's also a great way to cause Canadians to assault a position.

"Beer rations are off until that bunker is taken."

*Eight hours later*

"OK, I said the Bunker, not the Bunker, the Town, the Fuel Depot, and the Brewery. Wait... The Town had a Brewery?"

"Yeah, it was behind the Fuel Depot."
Heath Robinson
The first French building liberated during WW2 was a Pub. D company, what a bunch.

See, I heard that it was root beer that the Canadians were obsessed with. Either way, it explains why the most successful attack on a defensive position in WW1 was Canadian; "The Germans have the only beer/root beer/[Insert drink of choice here] for miles, let's get those bastards!"
CanRay
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Jun 27 2008, 08:50 PM) *
See, I heard that it was root beer that the Canadians were obsessed with. Either way, it explains why the most successful attack on a defensive position in WW1 was Canadian; "The Germans have the only beer/root beer/[Insert drink of choice here] for miles, let's get those bastards!"

You're probably thinking Vimy Ridge. That's the battle in which "Canada Grew Up".
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jun 28 2008, 02:59 AM) *
You're probably thinking Vimy Ridge. That's the battle in which "Canada Grew Up".

Name sounds familiar. It was a number of years ago that I heard it, though.
VagabondStar
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Jun 28 2008, 12:37 AM) *
A variety of environmental hazards are detailed in Arsenal starting on page 163. They cover hazards in deserts, at the poles, in space, underwater, and in radioactive territory.

I really should upgrade to 4ed.
CanRay
QUOTE (VagabondStar @ Jun 27 2008, 11:04 PM) *

But then there'd be prying of Cyberdecks out of Cold, Dead Hands.

I'm sorry, I just REALLY love that line!
Dashifen
QUOTE (VagabondStar @ Jun 27 2008, 11:04 PM) *

SR3 has them in Target: Wastelands if you prefer smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012