Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maps and Floorplans!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2
Wesley Street
Have you created any cool digital maps or floorplans for your Shadowrun group? Please share them with us! I'll post mine as my group's campaign progresses. If anything strikes your fancy feel free to swipe it for your own use.

Super Stuffer Shack - The first floor of the two-story Stuffer Shack located in the heart of downtown Seattle.
Fetisov's Penthouse Suite - The brothel and headquarters of Vory crime boss Pavel Fetisov. Occupies the northwest corner of the Lucas Palace hotel tower.
The Mogul - The Bellevue home to some of the best Indian food in the Seattle metroplex.
Starmage21
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Jul 20 2008, 04:34 PM) *
Have you created any cool digital maps or floorplans for your Shadowrun group? Please share them with us! I'll post mine as my group's campaign progresses. If anything strikes your fancy feel free to swipe it for your own use.

Super Stuffer Shack - The first floor of the two-story Stuffer Shack located in the heart of downtown Seattle.
Fetisov's Penthouse Suite - The brothel and headquarters of Vory crime boss Pavel Fetisov. Occupies the northwest corner of the Lucas Palace hotel tower.
The Mogul - The Bellevue home to some of the best Indian food in the Seattle metroplex.

Who needs to make your own when you can go here: http://www.executivecentre.com/en/
Wesley Street
Sort of missing the point of this, aren't we?
Starmage21
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Jul 20 2008, 09:25 PM) *
Sort of missing the point of this, aren't we?

Sort of, but I really do use those for my campaigns biggrin.gif
HeavyMetalYeti
What program are you using for your maps?
Caine Hazen
Looks like Visio. Nice jobs with those as well, gives me some inspiration for somethings that are upcoming.
Drogos
Those look great...one complaint is the resturaunt should have more seating...but that's just me being a ninny.
Wesley Street
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Jul 20 2008, 10:32 PM) *
What program are you using for your maps?

Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. It's nice when your profession and your hobbies intersect. biggrin.gif
Wesley Street
An illegal Mah Jong parlor in Bellevue run by the Eighty-Eight's Triad lodge. The second floor is a bolt hole/flop house for a Sai Fan hit squad.
stabs
These are great. I think I might be able to get some use out of recycling the Penthouse and the Mogul. Hey, do you do requests by any chance?

Here's one map I'm proud of:
Some blueprints, found in an old abandoned mine full of undead (map written by the miners who tried to escape).

Sadly this is more typical of my work:
A horrible paint

Most of my other maps are D&Dish so probably aren't much use on a shadowrun forum, but.,.. uh, if you need an awesome map of a pirate island, here ya go! (made in Autorealm)
Awesome Pirate Island Map.

Anyway, keep 'em coming Wes, and anyone else with some nice maps.
Wesley Street
Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately, with my real-life job and keeping up with the rapid pace of my Shadowrun group I'm not able to take requests right now. Maybe in the near future though. Like I said, you're welcome to use anything I post here.

Your miner's map was pretty nifty and I got a chuckle out of your stick-figures (especially the "!" over the snoop's head). smile.gif

Here's the latest map in my group's upcoming campaign. This is the Working Man's Friend, a fisherman and sea-smuggler's greasy spoon near the Sitka Sound Marina in Sitka, Athabaska. It's strictly local's only and snoopy out-of-towners will be shown a steel-toed boot on a good day. A deck-hand's knife on a bad one.
Kyoto Kid
..hmm, I think I have a copy of Google Sketch Up floating around on my HD somewhere. Have to fire it up & see what I can do with it.
Drogos
Since I complained about one, I shoudl say that the second resturaunt I find to have the appropriate ammount of seating. I also really liked the Mah Jong Parlor/Crashpad. All of them look really good.
Wesley Street
Tonight's posting: The Sea Bee, a Blohm and Voss Spitzenreiter fishing-vessel turned smuggler craft, berthed in her slip at the Sitka Sound Marina. Her owner is one Captain Crumbb, a known privateer on the Athabaska-to-Vladivostok run. When docked in Sitka he hangs his hat at the Working Man's Friend diner.

The Pilot House

The Main Deck
The Engine Room and Cargo Hold
Sir_Psycho
I actually put together the street scene from First Run's Novatech mission in sketchup, complete with a crashed car. I can rapidshare it if anyone's interested.
Wesley Street
This is a cross posting from the main Discussion area but here's a link to Method's SR maps. He does some great work.
Method
Glad you like them. wink.gif

They are designed to be printed on 1/4" graph paper, for anyone wondering about scale. Usually 1/4" = about 1 meter.
Wesley Street
My slightly more detailed floorplans of The Kethers Building from SR Missions "Strings Attached".

Third Floor
Second Floor
Ground Floor
Basement
Vault
Sub-basement
Chance359
thanks in advance Method
Game2BHappy
Just wanted to say that these are some excellent maps! I ran Strings Attached a while back and these would have been perfect. Keep up the great work!
Wesley Street
My take on the novahot Infinity night club in Seattle Center. And here's the second floor catwalk area with its color-coded secured meeting rooms.

EDIT: Added second floor.
raben-aas
Arcanova bar in Berlin:
LINK to PDF
Vegetaman
I used to just use MS Paint. It gets the job done, when it's all you've got, at any rate...
Wesley Street
I used to do everything by hand on graph paper. Hooray for when your profession and your hobbies cross paths! smile.gif
Wesley Street
New maps for today. From Shadow Run Missions "Harvest Time":

The Raikun Encampment.

Doc Wagon Clinic #137 - Ground Floor (Operation and Recovery Rooms).
Second Floor (Administrative Offices and Labs).
Wesley Street
Wow, it's been awhile since I posted anything in this thread. Anyway, my players are headed to Los Angeles for their next adventure. So I created the following maps:

Off-Ramp Ambush!

A Pasadena ranch-house.

Make-shift shanty encampments atop the flooded buildings of southwest LA.
ClearsTheScreen
Greetings!

Unfortunately I am not allowed to share them, as they are copyrighted, but I took photos of official floor plans where the emergency exits and so forth are printed as floor plans. They have the advantage that they are real buildings, so things like "darn, I forgot the toilets" can't happen and the floor layout makes sense. Yay for mobile phones w/ camera ^^

So when I am at public buildings, like university buildings or public transit stations, I keep an eye for the emergency plans ;)
Fabe
Nice maps in this thread ,Wesley's shanty town will be of use in my own LA campaign. Right now I'm trying to make a few of my own maps, any one know of some good programs that can use meters instead of feet for scale? I got a few modern game maps but there all in the standard D20 1"=5' scale and stuff in meters would be nice since trying to convert is turning out to be to much trouble.
knasser

Those are some nice maps. It's nice to see others that also put work into doing proper plans. smile.gif

I'm not going to bother separating it all out, but there are some maps in this location that I did:

Yak House

K.
Bashfull
Excellent work, ladies and gents. I feel that several of these might feature in stuff I run over the next while.
overchord
Hello

A couple of simple maps so far, but more will be added as our online campaign unfolds:

Derbytown - a "custom" part of Seattle to start off the campaign - located somewhere out in Redmond Barrens in our campaign, but coudl be squeezed in elsewhere: http://overchord.net/dsimages/derbytown.jpeg

Small bar: http://overchord.net/dsimages/bar.png
Created with Inkscape, and I have a few more ready that will be uploaded when they are released in the campaign if there is any interest in using them for your own campaigns.
DamienKnight
QUOTE (ClearsTheScreen @ Nov 3 2008, 07:43 AM) *
Greetings!

Unfortunately I am not allowed to share them, as they are copyrighted, but I took photos of official floor plans where the emergency exits and so forth are printed as floor plans. They have the advantage that they are real buildings, so things like "darn, I forgot the toilets" can't happen and the floor layout makes sense. Yay for mobile phones w/ camera ^^

So when I am at public buildings, like university buildings or public transit stations, I keep an eye for the emergency plans wink.gif

I can picture this now... You are in a small dark room with a bright light in your face. The Homeland security goon raises his hand to beat you again and you cry out, 'I swear, the blueprint for the courthouse with an assault plan drawn over it is for SHADOWRUN! I am not a terrorist!!!'
Cunning Rat
QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Jan 9 2009, 11:10 AM) *
I can picture this now... You are in a small dark room with a bright light in your face. The Homeland security goon raises his hand to beat you again and you cry out, 'I swear, the blueprint for the courthouse with an assault plan drawn over it is for SHADOWRUN! I am not a terrorist!!!'

Russia's "Hobbit Games" are a cross between a LARP and a major SCA war. Thus, they require a lot of preparation. In 1990 or 1991, the captain of one of the teams used mail extensively in preparing his team for the event, and most of his communications were in-character.

One fine day, he was detained by the KGB, and asked in no uncertain terms to disclose all names, purposes and aims of his terrorist organization. He was also ordered to turn over the key to the "Tengwar" encryption scheme, and to disclose the real identity of the mastermind known by the code name "Sauron".

Link to the story (in Russian, of course) is here.
Wesley Street
Here's the Hong Kong power station that my players hit in the Emergence campaign. It was loosely modeled after the real-life Penny's Bay power plant on Lantau Island.
Tyro
QUOTE (DamienKnight @ Jan 9 2009, 08:10 AM) *

QFT. Unfortunately I can very easily see this happening.
Wesley Street
Here's a Taoist temple I put together for an adventure.
codemonkey_uk
Here is a stuffer-shack I made for running the Food Fight encounter:

http://homepage.mac.com/codemonkey_uk/SR4/FFStuffer.pdf

Hope that saves a GM some time, I'm sure this thread is going to save me loads!
Mayhem_2006
n/m
Fabe
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jan 14 2009, 09:52 PM) *
QFT. Unfortunately I can very easily see this happening.

Well when you consider that Steve Jackson games got raided by the Secret Service in 1990 over their "GURPS: Cyberpunk" supplement ..........

Summerstorm
Yo... maybe someone of you can help me out here. I already have a small collection of floorplans for many occasions... but i am missing a

"simplified plan for a superfreighter or at least a normal freighter"

for a run i am planning. (Also a freight airship... but i think i can draw that myself if no one has somthing like it)

But for the freighter: Nothing can be found on the net. If if one finds something it is just a small piece but hyperdetailed... Anyone have something that might fit the bill?
Tiralee
Airship? Your best bet would be to contact one of the airfreight thinktanks and ask for a not-too-detailed floorplan/layout for a project.
I swear, someone's going to take over the world with "for a project".

Regarding the freighter one - uhm, there's some stuff I found (4 years ago now, so long gone sorry) but a superfreighter/tanker won't give out plans due to industrial confidentially. (Translation, you can easily guess stresspoints and possible "weak points" if you were of evil intent and had some background in engineering. And they'd really not like that spread out too much. Or so the nice people at Mersk told me. After scenting bullshit and asking a shipbuilder, I found out that those plans are expensive, no building firm's going to leave those online for someone to rebadge and resell.)

Basically, no supercap container plans for you, I'm sorry. The best you'll get is post WW2 construction stuff (now public domain) and retrofit to suit.
...or simply Google Image search "container ship plans" and get a ton.

http://picsdigger.com/keyword/ship%20plans/
Specifically: http://picsdigger.com/image/b806de7f/
Also, global security has some rough stuff: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/lib...0-17-1/Appc.htm
But they're not strictly commercial, more semi-security/military.

There's this fan site as well:
http://www.gods-inc.de/macavity/IsleOfShad...icles/subs.html
-> the commercial subs.
Oh yes, using those for our pirate campaign funtime...

If you're really desperate, you can try and farm one or two off of the respective shipping companies, but they're pretty low in useful info.
Oddly enough, even using a "no naughty pictures" filter for the GIS, there were a lot of naked men. Takes all sorts, I suppose...

-Tir.
Method
Its no superfreighter, but I have detailed maps for a cargo ship HERE (and lots of other junk).
Stormdrake
I am working on a run that requires the players to get into a self contained research facility in the wilds of Wales. Any one have a floor plan for a "small" arcology? I tried copying the floor plan of the building I work in as it has generators, a full cafeteria and showers but was defeated by the anti copy protections my company hass built into their website, lol.
Neurosis
I kind of wish this thread had more maps and floor plans. I always find myself hurting for them (I can't draw for shit).

One secret I'd like to share...is that I get 90% of my maps from the overhead level layouts for videogame levels. Especially the Modern Warfare games. I find the maps, divorced from context, to be extremely Shadowrunish.

QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Jul 20 2008, 09:17 PM) *
Who needs to make your own when you can go here: http://www.executivecentre.com/en/

Sorry if I'm being thick but how do you tickle that website to get it to produce anything you can use for Shadowrun?
Tiralee
I'm not sure if this thread's zombified, but I've always found using the urban decay images great in settign the mood for the "abandoned factory/middle of the wasteland" missions.

Linky : http://www.artificialowl.net/

For our Carib campaign I'm using scenes like:
Lighthouse pickup: http://www.artificialowl.net/2009/03/aband...-isaac-cay.html
Salvage run: http://www.artificialowl.net/2009/07/what-...discoverer.html

Factory showdown: http://www.artificialowl.net/2008/12/aband...vered-with.html

Yes, I know they'r not maps, but as handouts, there's nothing better than dropping an A3 of one of these on the table and saying, "This is the info you dragged of that guy's headware memory. With a bit of luck, you think you can find the place going on landmarks and a decent matrix search."
And after a few seconds the players go, "Ohhhh....craaaaap"

-Tir

Seriously, check out the abandoned-in-mid-construction nuclear power station. And then tell me you couldn't imagine a fire-fight to end all firefights around it.
chinagreenelvis
http://shadowrun.chinagreenelvis.com/maps/floorplans

Just a bunch of stuff I grabbed using Google.
Neurosis
That link's awesome, chinagreen. Thanks!
Laodicea
I realize this is probably beating a dead horse. But does anyone have some of any of the megacorps larger buildings? Renraku archology for example?

Yes, one of my groups pretty much has to go there. Yes, they'll probably all die unless they do something very clever.
Tiralee
Uhlgm, Reraku is monsterous. As in a mini-city.

You'd be better off using the old standby of having areas "sealed while cleaning is in progress", (roll to see if your players can hear screams and the sounds of electric drills behind the massive bulkheads...) and making them a torturous path "for safety" through the underwarrens and then quick dashes through deserted mallspaces that have bloodstains black and 30 feet up the walls.

It's all about the corridors. And survivors. And being chased by things..smile.gif

Btw: Lazers are good, as are AV rounds. And Lightning. And Barrier spells. "Wreck Drone" or similar are recommended.

So, long story short, just grab a few of the larger mall maps in the thread above, overlay 7 of them in Photoshop or Gimp and make a "sorta" map that might be, say, hurriedly sketched by a survivor by memory. You should not have to make it exact, it should be messy - that way, you've got wriggle-room.

-Tir.
Method
Very nice link Tiralee! I will definitely be putting that to good use. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012