Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gencon Releases
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Longshadow
Adam or other worthies....

Do you guys have a firm idea yet of what you'll have on the table at Gencon? I'm assuming Unwired in dead-tree style, but how about Runner's Companion or anything else? grinbig.gif

Thanks.
the_dunner
The street date for Unwired is before GenCon. At the July chat, Vairdic noted that the magic 8-ball thought Runner's Companion would be available for the show.
Zen Shooter01
If RC hardcopy is going to be at GenCon Indy, doesn't that mean the PDF should be appearing something close to right now?
Wanderer
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Jul 26 2008, 12:18 AM) *
The street date for Unwired is before GenCon. At the July chat, Vairdic noted that the magic 8-ball thought Runner's Companion would be available for the show.

Yes, but the all-important detail the chat failed to clarify, did they mean the PDF, or the deadtree Runner's Companion ????
BishopMcQ
Don't question the Magic 8 Ball, for it is a fickle and vengeful creature.

My question to Vairdic was about a dead tree version for purchase at GC. The PDF is generally released when they have a drop date for the printed version. Once they know the exact date that the printed version will be available, the PDF availability should be announced.
Adam
QUOTE (Longshadow @ Jul 25 2008, 06:12 PM) *
Adam or other worthies....

Do you guys have a firm idea yet of what you'll have on the table at Gencon?

Yes.

We'll have a "this is what's going on lately" blog post up shortly. Right now most of us are really busy hammering away on company stuff so the time we get to spend face-to-face with each other at GenCon can be well spent ...
CanRay
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 25 2008, 05:51 PM) *
Yes.

We'll have a "this is what's going on lately" blog post up shortly. Right now most of us are really busy hammering away on company stuff so the time we get to spend face-to-face with each other at GenCon can be well spent ...

If I remember my trip to GenCon properly, "Time well spent" usually involved lots and lots of drunken role playing. nyahnyah.gif
Adam
When you work in the game industry, actually gaming at GenCon usually becomes somewhat of a rarity ...
CanRay
frown.gif That sucks.

Oh well, I've only been to one. Maybe I should get in the industry, at least then I'd get to see all the fancy things!
FlakJacket
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 26 2008, 09:57 PM) *
frown.gif That sucks.

Eh, not so much. GenCon is usually about meeting up with people you don't get to see all that often and going out in the evening to have fun. Sure there's wandering round the dealers hall and the odd game but not great amounts of gaming, that's what you generally have groups back home for. At least that's how it usually turns out for most of my circle of friends. smile.gif
Aaron
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 26 2008, 03:33 PM) *
When you work in the game industry, actually gaming at GenCon usually becomes somewhat of a rarity ...

It's actually pretty easy. Just whore yourself to a game company for a badge, a t-shirt, and some hotel money. Then they'll force you to play.
HeavyMetalYeti
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jul 26 2008, 05:04 PM) *
It's actually pretty easy. Just whore yourself to a game company for a badge, a t-shirt, and some hotel money. Then they'll force you to play.

What pimp do I need to talk to about this position?
Bull
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jul 26 2008, 06:04 PM) *

No, they force you to GM. And while that's fun, it's on a different level than simply playing.

And of course, if you're any good at helping run things, they'll give you additional duties and such smile.gif

But yeah, this is really the first year I've made a serious effort to do any gaming, and I'll be lucky to get more than a couple games in at Gen Con. There's simply too much to do, too many people to see, to talk to, to go hang out with.
the_dunner
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Jul 27 2008, 02:17 AM) *
What pimp do I need to talk to about this position?

That would be me. cyber.gif Though, this year we're already all full up for GenCon and Dragon*Con. A posting usually goes up in the March-April time frame when we're recruiting GMs.
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 27 2008, 09:13 AM) *
No, they force you to GM. And while that's fun, it's on a different level than simply playing.

Well, yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012