Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teensy Complaint about Gen Con Oz
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Zartes
I know this is rather late, and I realise nobody here can really do anything about it (which is fine. I just want to do the traditional Australian thing and complain bitterly biggrin.gif ), but anyway...

I played Open Road, a truly awesome shadowrun session at Gen Con Oz in brisbane, and afterwards got handed a card thingy by the GM. When I returned home, I was pleased to discover that the card was a $5 discount voucher, redeemable at Catalyst Game Lab's online store for purchasing shadowrun books.

I was, thus a trifle peeved to find that the store referred to on the voucher did not exist, nor did the complaint/enquiry email address on the voucher prove to be real.

I'm not distraught or anything (I mean, hey, I'm not losing anything here), but I do have to wonder why the shadowrun GMs at Gen Con Oz would be handing out gift vouchers for a store that doesn't exist?
Westiex
I have the same issue. I've sent an message to the_dunner who is the one won these boards who deals with thier commando program, so hopefully we should have an answer shortly.
Zartes
Awesome, good to hear
Bull
Well, CGL's online store is through Battlecorps, so that might be what you're looking for. If not, hopefully John (Dunner) or Adam can point you in the right direction.

Glad to hear you had fun at GC Oz, though. And I'm sure they can get this issue worked out.

Bull
the_dunner
Bull's got the correct solution. You'll need to go to Battlecorps. I believe the link you gave should be a redirect to that location. However, it appears the backend work hasn't quite been finished. In the short term, please use battlecorps. In the longer term, I'm sure Adam will make sure that gets fixed.

Thanks for pointing it out, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Adam
Whups; I never got around to setting up that redirect. It's fixed now. Do feel free to let me know anytime at adamjury@catalystgamelabs.com if you encounter problems with catalystgamelabs.com or shadowrun4.com
Zartes
Wow! Solutions coming out the woodwork, and here's me just wanting to gripe biggrin.gif

Thanks folks!
Adam
QUOTE (Zartes @ Jul 30 2008, 05:59 AM) *
Wow! Solutions coming out the woodwork, and here's me just wanting to gripe biggrin.gif

Man, that's not how I roll. If there's a problem that I have the ability to fix, it gets fixed. And this was certainly a problem, and well within my fixing abilities.

I'd love to hear what you thought of Gen Con Oz, btw -- I haven't seen much feedback about the show!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012