Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another game out of me...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
CanRay
Well, got 2.5 games in recently, and, yes, I've been slacking on commenting about them. nyahnyah.gif

My well has gone dry for writing ability. I'm getting better, however.

Anyhow, the second game introduced a new character, who I brought in due to Feng Shui stating he and the other player were the best to do the job, where they were Ninja Redecorators! Not really much to report on it.

The second game ended like this. Sort of. Let's just say there's some spin going on here, and leave it at that.
psychophipps
For future reference, all west of the Rockies radio and TV stations start with a "K".
Aaron
Isn't the delimiter between "W" stations and "K" stations the Mississippi River?
psychophipps
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 4 2008, 02:26 AM) *
Isn't the delimiter between "W" stations and "K" stations the Mississippi River?

Good call. I was misinformed in tech school apparently.
CanRay
I didn't create the station, I inherited it from the group that started the blog previously and then handed it over to me.

I'm reusing a lot of their art as I'm not an artist.
Wesley Street
Ha! "Trish Donaldson"... that even sounds like a bimbo network affiliate-TV journalist's name. Well done.

If you're ever interested you can make your own nifty art like that using stock photo services such as istockphoto.com. You can download 72 dpi photos for $1.00 an image.
CanRay
I think that's how the group did it originally. I can't do art on my own at all. frown.gif

Anyone offering to help with that???
Wesley Street
If you can provide or purchase the images you would like to use I believe that I or many of the other designers/possessors of Photoshop on this board would be willing to assist. smile.gif
CanRay
We'll see what happens, I'm on an uber-tight budget at the moment. frown.gif
Drogos
Blame CGL for that. Their insistance to release book after book is keeping us all poor biggrin.gif
CanRay
CGL isn't to blame for this one, although they do contribute to it.

Runner's Companion! GOOD BOOK!
DMFubar
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Aug 5 2008, 12:27 PM) *
If you're ever interested you can make your own nifty art like that using stock photo services such as istockphoto.com. You can download 72 dpi photos for $1.00 an image.

Here's another place for decent stock photos that are free for use (actually found this site through Computer Arts magazine, so it's legit) - Stock Xchng
Blade
There are also the Wikimedia Commons with the Mayflower Search Engine with a lot of Creative Commons images.
CanRay
Have to give this some serious thought.

Folks that want to help with some Photoshop Magic, please PM me! biggrin.gif
Blade
I've got some experience working with Photoshopping for Shadowrun (see link in sig.)
What sort of help are you looking for?

And by the way: Happy Birthday!
CanRay
I run an in-game, in-character blog known as "From The Shadows" that I picked up after another group fell apart.

My own group is now the reason things get posted there. At least when it comes to news reports and the like.

But Logos are needed for a lot of posts, along with whatever else folks will think is cool.
Blade
But what kind of help do you need? The images or some help to do them yourself?
For the former, I'm sorry but right now I don't even have time to work on Another Runner in the Night, so I won't be able to help. For the latter, I can still give you some advice or a few hints.
Wesley Street
If you could give me a quick description of the company or organization the logos represent I'd be happy to take a stab at them. If you want TV shots or ads or something I'd need you to provide the stock imagery but I could do the rest. I think it would be fun.
CanRay
Oh, and one of my Player's got his Write On and did this up!

Based on what happened during the first game I ran for them. biggrin.gif
Wesley Street
Ask and ye shall receive, Mr. CanRay.

Here is the MicroDeck logo.

Here is the MicroDeck Archway OS logo.
CanRay
And added, Wes, with full props to you for the Logos!
Aaron
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Aug 5 2008, 12:27 PM) *

Also, if you're using the latest version of Firefox, I think one of the searches you can choose (upper right corner by default, I think) is Creative Commons.
CanRay
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 7 2008, 11:11 AM) *
Also, if you're using the latest version of Firefox, I think one of the searches you can choose (upper right corner by default, I think) is Creative Commons.

Well I'll be jiggered, it is!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012