Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scramble!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Bull
So I'm doing the Scramble at GC. In costume. Assuming I don;t pass out from wearing a bigass leather duster and carrying around about 100 pounds of nerf weaponry. smile.gif

Anyone else playing? Doing a costume? smile.gif
Quince
I'm fairly new to these Shadows, and newer still to life in NYC. I understand that the Scramble is THE place to see and be seen if you're serious about the game. I'll be there.

-Quince
Dashifen
I'm helping run the Scramble this year so I'll see you there! I'll be in costume, but I'll be NPC'ing a suit for the live-action portion of the Scramble so my costume won't be too out-there.

@Bull: You do realize this pretty much means you're gaming at GenCon, right?
Caine Hazen
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Aug 11 2008, 04:16 PM) *
@Bull: You do realize this pretty much means you're gaming at GenCon, right?

we started breaking him in at Origins. This will be the second time this year that we get him playing games at a con... scary neh?
Bull
Just a couple games, so long as they don't interfere with my party time smile.gif

At 8 hours, the Scramble, of course, may be my limit for the whole damn weekend, since it's pretty much shooting Thursday in the face for money wink.gif
Aaron
Don't forget, folks: there are prizes for Best Costume and Best Attitude (which is to say, so much role-playing people around you think they're in the Sixth World).
adamu
Ah hah - but are the prizes, like, real world gaming loot, or (much more enticiing) bonus karma/Missions campaign goodies?

the_dunner
QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 13 2008, 08:25 AM) *
Ah hah - but are the prizes, like, real world gaming loot, or (much more enticiing) bonus karma/Missions campaign goodies?

Yes. smile.gif
DarusGrey
Had a great time at the scramble this year.

Dr. Ezekial Williams
HeavyMetalYeti
Anyone got any pics of the scramble?
dog_xinu
The scramble went well.. the Secretary of Commerce was killed (or at least that is what the news is saying)... I give a speach and I get to die... hmm.. next year I dont want to give the speach... smile.gif

had a blast..
Nimbex
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Aug 13 2008, 01:40 PM) *
Yes. smile.gif

We got kicked out because of the Angsty Vampire LARP or whatever was next.

Were there any best costume/attitude awards? I have some guesses on who *I* would have picked, of course. smile.gif

Good seeing people there!

Geoff / Kipling
Bull
From what I heard, the guy in the preacher outfit won best costume (LAME! wink.gif and Dopey won best roleplaying (I only dealt with him like once, so can't really say how good he was.

I have a couple pics, but only a couple of me, Caine, and Redjack. I wanted to hget more, but as soon as we took a break after the LARP portion, everyone stripped out of costume and split right quick. I can;t entirely blame them as I wanted toget outta my coat ASAP (Big black leather duster is a bad plan in a small, crowded, hot room for 4 hours smile.gif).

See the Gen Con thread over in the Convention forum. I have a couple pics.

I'll post mpore once I'm home (Crashing at Caines tonight before heading home in the morning), but I had an absolute blast.

And sorry Mr Secretary! Didn't mean to get you blown up! Considering how many folks knew about the damn bomb, including at least your aides, I assumed someone had dealt with it by the time you gave your speech. And I was busy trying to break into your briefcase at the time anyways ork.gif

Bull
Aaron
QUOTE (dog_xinu @ Aug 17 2008, 12:20 AM) *
The scramble went well.. the Secretary of Commerce was killed (or at least that is what the news is saying)... I give a speach and I get to die... hmm.. next year I dont want to give the speach... smile.gif

That speech was awesome. You delivered the punchline like it was a 300-pound gorilla from eight stories. One PC immediately went for his gun, expecting trouble; I didn't get a chance to see the rest of the reaction, I was needed on the lights.
dog_xinu
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 17 2008, 10:54 PM) *
That speech was awesome. You delivered the punchline like it was a 300-pound gorilla from eight stories. One PC immediately went for his gun, expecting trouble; I didn't get a chance to see the rest of the reaction, I was needed on the lights.

Most of the reactions on their faces is what you would expect from lights flickering/people screaming. Shock and Awe. Thank you for your kind words on the speech. I really enjoyed the whole LARP section this year alot. it was a blast. All the NPCs played their parts phenomenally well. Plus there were many of the players that played their parts to the T also. As for the best of awards.. it was a hard decision across the board. Too many people did such a great job.
CollateralDynamo
I had a blast at the scramble myself. I was the guy wandering around with a "fashion gasmask". Running security on the table we rigged was just annoying enough to be hilariously fun. Also, the "sanitation team's" cover story was frakin' brilliant. Also, it was pretty fun to be blamed for dropping a building on all the other shadow runners for the rest of the con.
Aaron
QUOTE (dog_xinu @ Aug 18 2008, 06:40 AM) *
As for the best of awards.. it was a hard decision across the board. Too many people did such a great job.

Yeah, I'm planning to see if I can get an "award toggle" type thing next year, where there would be awards for anyone with a good costume, good attitude (role-playing), or both.
Caine Hazen
Well now, only 2 more IDs to learn as to who dropped the building on our head biggrin.gif We'll have to do something about all that!

The event rocked. Makes me sad I didn't get to drop into these previous to this year. Though I'm happy that we came out with a building count instead of a body count, but I'm not doing TR 6 for this evar again! Your a nasty nasty little writer Aaron cyber.gif
Quince
It is a truly sad day as we reflect on the loss of the UCAS Secretary of Commerce. His progressive populist fiscal policies, including the popular “Komlinks for Kids� program, would have served the nation well into the next century. Power to the people, Mr. Secretary! You will be missed.

I understand Dopey is taking contributions to the Secretary’s Memorial Campaign Fund. Give deeply, often and generously.

- Quince (introduced as “Kendrick Barnes�)

Quince’s Private message to Mr. Morgan: I deeply regret the referred technical resource strayed beyond protocol. Contact me off line if this is significant issue. I’ll hope we will be able to work together in the future.

Quince’s Private message to the Doctor on the Dwarf team: Would it be possible to get a recommendation to the medical program at Columbia NYC?
Bull
QUOTE (CollateralDynamo @ Aug 18 2008, 10:33 AM) *
I had a blast at the scramble myself. I was the guy wandering around with a "fashion gasmask". Running security on the table we rigged was just annoying enough to be hilariously fun. Also, the "sanitation team's" cover story was frakin' brilliant. Also, it was pretty fun to be blamed for dropping a building on all the other shadow runners for the rest of the con.

Heh, that was Caine_Hazen & I (As well as Chuck and Pat, not sure what they post under, if anything). I'm not actually sure who originally said we were with the Sanitation Dept, but I grabbed it and ran with it ("We're trouble shooters. You know, like when Devil Rats come up and try to bite da kids. We shoot 'em, cause, ya know, we're all about da kids.")

<grin> Was crazy fun.

QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Aug 18 2008, 01:05 PM) *
Well now, only 2 more IDs to learn as to who dropped the building on our head biggrin.gif We'll have to do something about all that!

The event rocked. Makes me sad I didn't get to drop into these previous to this year. Though I'm happy that we came out with a building count instead of a body count, but I'm not doing TR 6 for this evar again! Your a nasty nasty little writer Aaron cyber.gif

Pansy. Granted I think McQ went a bit soft on us anyways, but still... The rewards were nice at TR6 smile.gif

Next year man, next year... smile.gif
BishopMcQ
I pulled back since we were running out of time.
Bull
Yeah, I know. smile.gif And hey, don;t think we don't appreciate that smile.gif

Game2BHappy
The Scramble was definitely a great time. The PCs seemed more interactive this year and the NPCs really pulled off their characters. Too bad they were all flattened in the end (except the wiley bartender!). Props to the team that pulled him out! smile.gif

Having a singular "rules GM" didn't really slow down anything, and keeping the NPCs in character was worth any of its potential drawbacks (thanks Aaron!).

@Quince: The doc on the dwarf team was Dr. Ezekial Williams (DarusGrey). Ran w/ him before as well. Works well with runners and the best pharmaceutical supplier a team could ask for.
Game2BHappy
...and yes, I am donating to 200ÂĄ to Dopey's fund. Heck, he managed to become the Secretary of Commerce's party planner within the first hour. Can't wait to see what he throws for the rest of us! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012