Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Programming
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jyster
I just got Unwired, and it seems that Hackers are getting tooled. It says that it takes a week to patch a program at best. If you have all the programs (22), plus the new ones thats half a year to update.

If you want to program your own hacking software say at rating 6 at a interval of 1 month and threshold of 12. It might take 3 months, by then your software has degraded by 3.

Am I missing something or you have to just buy software?
Wasabi
By using "Unrestricted Agent" programs at rating 3 and several rating 3 nexus'es you can have drone pilots with the Autosoft "Profession: Software" do all the patching for you. Get enough of them and you can patch all your software within a 1 week lifestyle interval for a SR:M game. Just remember that if you use cracked software on the patching nexus the nexus software will degrade and become harder to patch the rest. For that reason I suggest having it all of the patching software, firewall, and system all at rating 3 and then calculate patch rates based on rating 2 software. You then buy each month the patch for an agent and the patch for the profession: software autosoft (one of each) and dupe the patch to your beehive-like patching servers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012