Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Extended tests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Jyster
If Im spending time trying to find something with negotiations which takes 2 weeks, or programming software which takes 3 months, can I do anything else during that time? So do the tests use all the hours of the day for normal activities?
Wasabi
Things like a Sleep Regulator darn well should and I dont know about official rulings but there is a clause about interruptions in the BBB4:
QUOTE (BBB4 @ p58)
Unless otherwise noted, characters who are pursuing Extended Tests can break off from their work and return to it at a later time with no penalty.

It then goes on to say this may not apply to all extended tests but for things like acquiring gear and programming software I can't imagine how it couldn't be picked back up. Don't quote me though, I'm just a player.

And I'm curious about an official answer because my character does quiiite a bit with software...
the_dunner
QUOTE (Jyster @ Aug 13 2008, 05:47 AM) *
If Im spending time trying to find something with negotiations which takes 2 weeks, or programming software which takes 3 months, can I do anything else during that time? So do the tests use all the hours of the day for normal activities?

Except in the cases where you're explicitly not allowed to do other things, then yes, you can.

(For example - keeping a circulation going when refining reagents.) Of course, this is subject to GM approval. If you're trying to hack multiple programs, your lifestyle, modify a drove, a vehicle, and a firearm all at the same time, then no - that's not going to happen. If you're trying to go on a Shadowrun in the same week that you're also waiting for a negotiation to resolve, then yes, that's absolutely OK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012