Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NERPS Cards
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Redjack
The NERPS cards were an amazing success in about every game I ran. From saving a character's life (two different games) to blowing up an insect hive, the players loved them. It really generated a lot of energy in the game that I had not expected.
dog_xinu
people that I talked to loved the cards (just getting them) and loved what they were about. Most people didnt use them in my games (they had F/U/D about using them I guess). There was one person that used his to get past all the border security for the team in Denver. Which was suppose to be a major roadblock for the team. Overall I would give them a A+.
TeaTime
Questions, questions:

1. I had my NERPS card edge torn off at the booth for a few $ off product. Is it still useable in play?

2. A PC can have up to three cards in their stack, but can use only one per game, correct?

3. Do GMs take cards permanently from players after they are used?
Redjack
1. They are only usable in play at the summer tournaments. Origins & Gen Con for sure. Not sure about Dragon Con.
2. Only one card in a game.
3. No. They GMs should not be taking the cards back.
TeaTime
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 18 2008, 05:23 PM) *
1. They are only usable in play at the summer tournaments. Origins & Gen Con for sure. Not sure about Dragon Con.

OK... So 2008 Cons only. So NERPS cards are not used for home Mission play?
Thanks!
the_dunner
QUOTE (TeaTime @ Aug 18 2008, 01:40 PM) *
OK... So 2008 Cons only. So NERPS cards are not used for home Mission play?
Thanks!

At the bottom of the cards, in black lettering, they say, "GenCon and Origins 2008 Only." If a GM wants to use them in their home games, that's their prerogative, but these were intended just to spice things up a bit at those two conventions.
TeaTime
Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking the "GenCon and Origins 2008 Only" meant that the Nerps cards would only be AVAILABLE at those locations.
paws2sky
I transcribed the cards and I'm planning on producing the originals, plus about 6 more for home use (printed on blank business cards). I'm going to allow my players to burn a point of edge before an adventure to get a random card out of the stack. They can use it (or not) during the adventure, then its handed back during the wrap-up. Should be interesting.

-paws
PS if anyone is interested in trading, I'm about 3 cards short of a set. I have 4 or 5 extras (I'd need to double check which ones they are).
adamu
QUOTE (the_dunner @ Aug 18 2008, 01:52 PM) *
At the bottom of the cards, in black lettering, they say, "GenCon and Origins 2008 Only." If a GM wants to use them in their home games, that's their prerogative, but these were intended just to spice things up a bit at those two conventions.

I noticed you didn't specify WHICH GenCon...how about GenCon UK?
Redjack
QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 19 2008, 03:02 PM) *
Shadowrunners and lawyers..... nyahnyah.gif
adamu
Anything for an edge...
Redjack
Well... You're on your own for edge, but take a karma.
Note: Any karma granted in non-pbp forum are strickly for use by the player they are granted to and not available to any of their characters. Exceptions are known to occur during the season of the visibility of Halley's Comet, but that will be followed by the player growing a fluffy blue tail.
Aaron
QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 19 2008, 02:02 PM) *

Is it in 2008? Does the card say 2008? Just sayin' ...
Aaron
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 19 2008, 02:09 PM) *
Shadowrunners and lawyers..... nyahnyah.gif

Went home with an elf waitress
The way I always do,
How was I to know,
She was wired for bunraku?

I was 'running in Seattle,
I took a little risk,
Send 'runners, guns and nuyen,
And get me out of this

Between the rock and the hard place,
I'm clinging to the ledge,
My contacts all have left me,
And I've burned all my Edge,
And I've burned all my Edge,
Yes I've burned all my Edge.

Now I'm hiding in Snohomish,
I'm a desperate man
Send 'runners, guns and nuyen,
The drek has hit the fan!

Send 'runners, guns and nuyen...

(with apologies to Warren Zevon)
john_doe
LOL, i enjoyed it. And something tells me he won't mind so much...
Zolhex
That is good
adamu
QUOTE (Aaron @ Aug 19 2008, 06:42 PM) *
Is it in 2008? Does the card say 2008? Just sayin' ...

2008? GenCon UK is next weekend!
Aaron
QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 23 2008, 08:24 AM) *
2008? GenCon UK is next weekend!

Kinda my point.
JRandom
A few of the NERPs cards were iffy in my oppinion. I had one team that was shooting off missiles in the lobby of a building on Wall Street in downtown Manhatten. When NYPD Inc. shows up to arrest them, they play the "Look, Jet Black!" card and walk away.

I think the balance in the Missions games can get out of whack with the sell any item for full value also, it wouldn't be hard for someone with Flesh to Ooze to make some major nuyen in two or three runs.
paws2sky
QUOTE (JRandom @ Aug 23 2008, 11:52 PM) *
I think the balance in the Missions games can get out of whack with the sell any item for full value also, it wouldn't be hard for someone with Flesh to Ooze to make some major nuyen in two or three runs.

My wife and I got 3 copies of "I know a guy..." in the four missions we played at Origins. When we managed to score a pair of tricked out Eurocar Westwinds, we were seriously considering selling them to fund our augmentation habit...

-paws
BishopMcQ
At least you didn't get your hands on the helicopter. I'm not worried about the balance issue since the cards were only for use at Origins and GenCon. The GMs I spoke with said nothing adverse really happened.

Where did the Westwinds come from btw?
paws2sky
We got them from Horizon, IIRC, but I have no idea which scenario. That weekend was a bit of a blur. eek.gif

-paws
BishopMcQ
Guess I'll have to pull up the files then.

Edit: Affiliation reward. I would recommend not telling anyone where you got them from. Out of curiousity, did you both play at the same table?
Aaron
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Aug 25 2008, 05:28 PM) *
Edit: Affiliation reward. I would recommend not telling anyone where you got them from.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Er ... I meant "that's interesting." Sorry, typo ...
BishopMcQ
Say it with me "Table Rating 6" vegm.gif
Bull
Table Rating 6 = Fun!
Caine Hazen
Yeah, we lived.... barely. Thank the ghost for new autosofts wink.gif
Little Johnson
Im the guy that blew up the church..er bug nest

Was a complete blast pun entended smile.gif

I had so much fun playing SR for the first time since 1st edition that i went and bought the books

now i just need to find the card that says "Team roster . you find a new team of shadow runners to run with"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012