Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gen Con 2008 Photos
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Bull
I didn't take nearly as many pics as I wanted, especially at the Scramble. But still, got some good stuff. Caines got a bit more for me at some point.

Still, was a ton of fun. smile.gif
Storm
I took a bunch of pictures. I have almost all of them uploaded on photobucket so I'll post a link up soon.

I also took quite a few pics of the Scramble but those are on RJ's camera. So, I'm sure once he's feeling better he can put those up, too. =)
Storm
Gen Con Pics

Enjoy.
Critias
My wife and I went sauntering into the vendor's hall for the first time this 'con just as one of their "life-sized Heroclix" battles got started. The crowd was thin, and as I passed the threshold after waving my badge at the door-guard, I was presented with their live-action Ms. Marvel's backside, synthleather thong-thingie outfit, high heels, yadda yadda yadda, all lined up squarely with the entrance so it was the first thing I saw.

Mrs. Crit wouldn't give me the camera. frown.gif
eidolon
Here are some shots of the Dumpshock meet and greet slash Shadowrun TCG game session. It was a lot of fun. I had never played the TCG before, so learning it was cool. Many thanks again to "dude that gave out decks to keep". Alas I have forgotten your name, I apologize.

Thanks to everyone that came out for the gathering!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/gru...owrun%20Meetup/

And here are some more of my GC pics from this year:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/gru.../GenCon%202008/
Argonnite
QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 19 2008, 09:27 AM) *
My wife and I went sauntering into the vendor's hall for the first time this 'con just as one of their "life-sized Heroclix" battles got started. The crowd was thin, and as I passed the threshold after waving my badge at the door-guard, I was presented with their live-action Ms. Marvel's backside, synthleather thong-thingie outfit, high heels, yadda yadda yadda, all lined up squarely with the entrance so it was the first thing I saw.

Mrs. Crit wouldn't give me the camera. frown.gif

This Ms. Marvel?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yyWBgpO_64A&...feature=related
Critias
QUOTE (Argonnite @ Sep 5 2008, 11:08 PM) *

That's the one. love.gif And the parts of her I liked.
Bull
Heh, yeah, they were staying in the same hotel as we were, the Marriot. I saw them on the elevator a couple of times. smile.gif
Critias
Well, it helps that I'm a Ms Marvel fan, and my wife almost tolerated my gawking because she's a Ms Marvel fan, too (heck, for Christmas last year I got her a signed copy of Ms Marvel #1).
Argonnite
I now understand why there was a huge crowd around that area in the vendor hall. I grumbled every time I circumnavigated it. I wish I'd known.
apollo124
I don't know who the girl is who played Ms. Marvel, but they need to give her a permanent job going to con's in costume. YOWZA!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012