Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not So Subtle Madness
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
DocTaotsu
CHANGE LOG: -03SEP08.Opened IC Banter Thread and added Posting/RP Guidelines -03SEP08.Updated Character Listing

Daily Message: IC Banter thread is now open (The Break Room). Feel free to dive in and start posting IC.

POSTING/RP GUIDELINES:
[ Spoiler ]

CHARGEN GUIDELINES:
[ Spoiler ]

*I generally let people tweak their characters for the first run or so you will have an opportunity to change your character is you didn't allocate a resource just right or a portion of your background needs some tuning.

GAME INFORMATION:
[ Spoiler ]

The Gig [IC]:
[ Spoiler ]

The World:
[ Spoiler ]

Suggested reading:
Street Sweeper That link is certainly a large part of my inspiration for this game. Also:
Nazi Ghost Story
Let me know what your character name is so I can attach it to the roster.

Roster Thus Far:
-Claviatika ->Ezekiel "Gemini" Wolfen, Street Samurai
-Goldirocks ->Lola LaFayette, Parazoologist/Gun Adept
-Ears ->Alan Reese, Mystic Adept Investigator
-Madrigan -> Martin Guerrier, Newbie Mage
-Zombayz -> S*P, Combat Axe With Legs
-Digital Heroin -> Morgan Doakes, Adept Hacker (Shunned by the magical community smile.gif)
-Mickle5125 -> Kerrigan Sierra O’Malley, Custom gun with legs

Wait List:
-Dumori
-Grimreaper500

I'd like those people to post in this thread so we make sure we're all on the same page.
7 players is a full house for me, if you you're interested in getting on the waiting list, feel free to post in this thread so we know your intentions.
Spoiler tags are to keep things readable.
GM CONTACT INFO: DOCTAOTSU (at) GMAIL COM
Goldirocks
*Waves* Now, what are the build rules? 300 or 350 bp? Or are we going to do karma? I don't happen to own RC, so if we were to do that I'd need a quick explanation of the system so I can do it on my own smile.gif
Mickle5125
*waves* hi guys. hope you don't mind me joining... none of my other games are getting off the ground, it looks like. *shrugs*
DocTaotsu
I actually have no idea how karmagen works so I have to read the rules. Most likely we'll just use build points because I'm lazy and I understand them.

Build a 300 point character for now. That number might go up or down before we get started but 300 seems like a good starting point.
claviatika Tres Ojos
im here now =o

alright, ill just shave some stuff off of my character, i went ahead and made him 350 earlier lol. It shouldnt be anything drastic, so it'll only take me a few minutes.

Once we have the character made do we need to post the character sheet somewhere?
DocTaotsu
Well let me throw up my setting information before you guys go totally hog wild. But yeah, just post them under a spoilers tag so it doesn't take two hundred pages.
Madrigan
Bit busy for the next couple days but I'm definitely in. I'll work on the character and post him when I have a chance.

Rookie mage, first job out of community college.
Digital Heroin
With six characters, there's room for a bit of overlap, neh? I've got a concept bubbling in my head after reading most of Unwired... a blended character, maybe a touch out there... I'm thinking of a Mystic Adept/Hacker... someone obsessed with trying to figure out the link between the Resonance and the magical world...
Ears
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Aug 27 2008, 02:57 AM) *
Alright, this is just placeholder text until I can get my intro text typed up. Suggested reading until then: Street Sweeper... FROM HELL! That link is certainly a large part of my inspiration for this game.

Oh crap, that stuff ist great. I feel this game will rock.

Edit:

Here's my PIs sheet so far. Still needs some work.
[ Spoiler ]

Hope, I'm going in rougly the right direction with him. This joint we work for is essentially a legit biz, right? The kind that would justify a real license for a smartgun system in a handgun, say a taser?
DocTaotsu
No problem with the smartgun in a handgun, tazer or otherwise. Since you're SINner it's not all that hard to get licenses in my world... you know, because tracking a weapon you used in a crime would be pretty goddamn easy.

Character looks like it's about what I was looking for but I'm more interested in your backstory and motivation than just your stats.

Oh and I'd like to know why you're so chummy with a beat cop smile.gif doesn't have to be a whole story I just need to know what your relation is.

@Digital Heroin= Sounds like a pretty solid character concept. This is a perfect job for people who are "a little out there". wink.gif
Ears
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Aug 27 2008, 04:29 PM) *
Character looks like it's about what I was looking for but I'm more interested in your backstory and motivation than just your stats.

Oh and I'd like to know why you're so chummy with a beat cop smile.gif doesn't have to be a whole story I just need to know what your relation is.

Sure, I usually start with only a rough outline of the person and see where the game gets me/him but I'll go through that and the 50 questions right away.

Edit:

And here it is:

the 53
[ Spoiler ]

And an update to the stats
[ Spoiler ]

Edit: updated again to add Day Job (which bought another point of magic smile.gif ) and moved around knowledge skills.
Another edit: Can you believe I forgot to buy him a magical lodge?
Zombayz
Great. Any restrictions on books used, or can we go free for all on that(within reason of course)?

Edit: Here's S*P, aka Short and Pointy or Something Positive, and hey, 15 more BP!!

53 Questions:
[ Spoiler ]

Character sheet
[ Spoiler ]

And bonus points for whoever gets the cartoon/music references.

And great find on the Goldmine. I've never seen that thread before

Double edit: fixed up character sheet
DocTaotsu
I'm down with anything as long as you can justify the fun factor for the rest of the group and me. It's also vital that it's worked into your characters backstory as well.

ALLCON: Major win points for people who don't have "Everyone in my family is dead". It's a legit reason to be a runner but jeeeesus has it been done smile.gif Anyways, not opposed to killing your whole family off, I just think it makes for a slightly boring game.
Mickle5125
couple questions.

1) what if it's the "everyone in my family is dead... because I killed them"? is that better?
2) do you have some form of IM? I'd like to discuss some character concepts with you, and it's quicker to do that via IM than email or forum.
Goldirocks
So here's my sheet and 53 questions.

Lola Lafayette, Gunslinger adept and parazoology student

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Questions
[ Spoiler ]

Dumori
I would love to give this a go stick me on the waiting list.
Zombayz
Seems our group is neck deep in magic. I like it. We've got two neopagan adepts who respective skills are pretty well devolped, and a parazoology adept who's knowledge is surely gonna come in handy. And we may or may not have even more magic soon. I pity the paracritters who get in our way.
DocTaotsu
Oh my... it sounds like your challenging the GM to make things "interesting"...

Moo Hoo

Ha Ha

Dumori
Just read though a chunk of Street Sweeper man thats fun. I wish I could fit in.
Zombayz
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Aug 28 2008, 02:37 PM) *
Oh my... it sounds like your challenging the GM to make things "interesting"...

Moo Hoo

Ha Ha

To an extent, of course. Anything below obvious suicide is all good. Anyone else agreeing with me on this?

*crosses fingers for zombies*
Goldirocks
QUOTE (Zombayz @ Aug 28 2008, 08:35 PM) *
To an extent, of course. Anything below obvious suicide is all good. Anyone else agreeing with me on this?

*crosses fingers for zombies*

Oh, I'm going to have to second that smile.gif
Mickle5125
I don't know if anyone remembers, but a month or so ago, I posted an elf adept who's entire magical skill was based around having the max IPs... well, I've adapted said character for this game. I'm actually slightly surprised I managed it.

claviatika Tres Ojos
I read through all those Street Sweeper posts. I dont even know what to say, it was so hilarious. If nothing else, i thank you for that link lol.

I find it interesting how most of our characters have very similar moral codes, among other things =x.

Here's Ezekiel "Gemini" Wolfen, Street Samurai

Sheets
[ Spoiler ]

53 Questions
[ Spoiler ]

let me know if there is anything that needs to change.

Im definitely looking forward to this XD.

Here's the character sketch for the original version of this guy if anyone wants to see. He still looks the same, minus the nodachi. -> http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f127/cle...os/EtherSin.jpg

***Edit**************

Alright, this should be the final edit until we get this thing going. Definitely ready.
Zombayz
And now we're at 3 adepts, and a melee street sammie. The Kings of Close Quarters anyone?
Digital Heroin
I am so waffling right now... update on location: I am just about in from sea for the weekend (it's 23:15 here, which means we're in insanely late), and have homework to do, but I'll have my books, and be working away.

Character-wise, I'm concept waffling, with the Matrix side of the house still in mind. Unwired, with it's touching on fun new hacker tricks and Technomancers has my head spinning several concepts:

- A mystical adept/trode hacker, obsessed with re-creating a past reach into the Astral Realms in a digital environment (my original concept for this game);
- A Savant Adept/trode hacker, all about gathering and processing information;
- A speed obsessed Technomancer who is all about the dirty fast hack (Paragon: Pulse); or
- A "dronomancer"

Either way, I see this guy as being a wet behind the ears type, fresh out of university, with more brains than common sense.
DocTaotsu
As your friendly GM I have three things for you.

1. I am not exactly what you would call "competent" at the Matrix rules. I usually just handwave/NPC them. If you want to play a Matrix character I'm going to trust you to direct me towards the relevant rules.
2. That said, a data processing hacker would be very very interesting, especially if you combined him with the motivation of your first idea (Digital to astral). I'll just say that you'll find you have a bit to be doing all the time.
3. And the team needs a comm/tech guy so you'd be very welcome I believe.
Zombayz
Agreed. The tech man and comms man is needed. Badly.
Digital Heroin
Alrighty... I have refined the concept to create an Aspected Conjuration Mystical Adept, following a personalized version of the Chaos Tradition, with Adversary as his mentor. Oh, and he's a Savant Adept...

His Hacking skills are going to be focused on information gathering for the most part, and I don't see him having actually hacked too much, he's more of an explorer on the Matrix.

He can't Astrally Project being an Adept, or perceive even, but I'm thinking somewhere in his past he had a freak encounter with some form of astral construct, perhaps was pulled into a rift, and he was fascinated by it.... thus he developed an addiction to Deep Weed, to experience it again (until he eventually Initiates, and get the Perception power).

He's perhaps my most "out there" concept to date... and having recently liberated myself from the shackles of homework I'm undergoing a fit of creativity... should be at least roughed out today...
Ears
Sounds cool. No astral perception as well. That's gonna be funny. Lots of watcher summoning to get told what's going on in the astral. biggrin.gif

I don't have the 4th ed of street magic. Did they keep the detection spell that lets one scan an aura? Perhaps I should switch that one in.
Digital Heroin
I'm thinking this guy's gonna be all about Task spirits that can program for him... *nod* Like having his own spiritual wage-slaves... biggrin.gif

There is an Analyze Magic spell, that allows aura reading, but doesn't confer astral sight...
Zombayz
Sounds kickass dude. I look forward to seeing this guy in action
Grimreaper500
Is there any room fora newbie to have his first game with ou guys, my character is just some ex-ganger that had to cut and run from his old life and is looking for a reasonable job. He is a gun nut and knows alot about gangs in the area.
so if you could let me know that would be the absolute in awsomness. I could set you up with a char sheet very quick if you want.
DocTaotsu
Alright so I have most of your character concepts in hand, I'd like to kick this game off by the end of the week RL permitting on my end.

Still waiting on character sheets for Mickle5125 and Digital Heroin (Mickle5125 I have your sheet but go ahead and post it when you put your 50+ questions up).
claviatika Tres Ojos
I hope this is as great as those stories have led me to believe it will be biggrin.gif
Zombayz
I feel it will be. He's blessed uys with the gods of Something Aful, and everyone knows Goons are either amazing or so neckbearded that children try to 'hug the bear'
Digital Heroin
Electronic sheet's in the works... I was working on details on paper, as I tend to do, and passed out for a day...

This guy's personality is churning out, and the fifty'll come a lot easier now... gonna be fun, trying to get in the head of a kid who studies esoteric mathematics and ancient cults, speaks Sumerian, is addicted to the Matrix... and loves to go to strip clubs...
Mickle5125
with any luck, I should have everything done by tomorrow night. Sorry bout the wait.
DocTaotsu
Well the Street Sweeper chronicles certainly set a high bar but that's certainly what I'm aiming for.
Madrigan
Sorry it took so long to get this up. It's kinda hard to build a mage for 300 BP.

Martin Guerrier
[ Spoiler ]

50 questions
[ Spoiler ]
Digital Heroin
BP fragged myself, sorting out a few things... I got overzealous on the flaws, ended up with -20 (not counting the Day Job), but forgot the usual limit is 25 for pos and negative, so I need to scrape 25 BP off my monster concept...

...poor little bastard's gonna lose his Eclectic Hacker Girlfriend contact...
Madrigan
QUOTE (Digital Heroin @ Sep 4 2008, 11:04 AM) *
BP fragged myself, sorting out a few things... I got overzealous on the flaws, ended up with -20 (not counting the Day Job), but forgot the usual limit is 25 for pos and negative, so I need to scrape 25 BP off my monster concept...

...poor little bastard's gonna lose his Eclectic Hacker Girlfriend contact...

??

Book I'm looking at says 35 each. Did Groo err?
DocTaotsu
Actually yeah, I seem to recall that as well. I must have misunderstood the earlier post. PM on the way.
Mickle5125
*whimpers* I'm really sorry... I left my flash drive at work, and it has everything I've put together for posting... I'll definitely remember it tomorrow night. I promise!
Digital Heroin
Ack, I just read the Pos Quals... back comes 'Trixie!

Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

*been all work stressed, thus brain fried*

50 Questions
[ Spoiler ]
Mickle5125
Character
[ Spoiler ]

50-some-odd questions
[ Spoiler ]

so, what'dya think?
Zombayz
Nice character.

Also, is it sad, or awesome when character research includes watching Metalocolypse?
Mickle5125
there is no way that a character involving metalocalypse is anything but epic
DocTaotsu
Fuck that, there is no way that it wouldn't be fucking metal.
*Stage growl/grunt*

I really want to make a 500 bp Nathan Explosion character sheet and use him as a contact in a game one of these days smile.gif
Mickle5125
fyi, I probably won't update that character sheet... unless someone's heart will break if I don't. I've got an excel sheet I'll be using.
DocTaotsu
I'm probably going to start an "Official" OOC thread when we kick the game off proper. I'll have everyone post their character sheets at the top of that thread so they'll be availible for easy reference and updating. You can update your char sheet then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012