Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [CON] The Matrix:Rvolutions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
kevyn668
Okay, so they screwed us all and made such a hype that we rushed out and saw the 3rd one even after everyone told us how much it suc- ...er, how disappointing it was.

Any idea on if there'll be a new game? Or will the W. bros retreat from public view for a while.

[diclaimer: This is not a discussion on the movie. As reflected in my opening statement I didn't like it and I am not alone in that opinion. If you did like it, well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree]
TimeKeeper
I know that WB has an MMORPG in the works that takes place after the trillogy.
The overall meta-plot is being writen by the bros, and you still play Rebels trying to free more people.

That's about all I know.
Cheese Emperor
Someone used a tag! Let's chastize him. *Chastize*
Aristotle
I think that it is safe to say that the movie received "mixed reviews", and given that fact there may be a potential to discuss the future of games and game related products based in the fictional world of the Matrix.

But lets try to keep the discussion on game related stuff; and not be posting commentary, personal opnions, or inflamatory remarks about the movies themselves. Adding a disclaimer after the fact doesn't make it okay. It makes it worse, because you recognized the need...
kevyn668
So I could've just said:

"Okay, so they screwed us all and made such a hype that we rushed out and saw the 3rd one even after everyone told us how much it suc- ...er, how disappointing it was.

Any idea on if there'll be a new game? Or will the W. bros retreat from public view for a while. "

And if the thread took off in a flame war it would have been okay and not my fault? But because I included a disclaimer to stop said flame war from possibly occuring, its off topic?

I don't really understand that. But your the boss so I won't do it anymore. Sorry. smile.gif
Panzergeist
The Matrix is a lot better if you keep an open mind about it. The problem is that people insist on thinking of Neo as the hero because he's the central character. Personally, I consider Agent Smith to be a much more sympathetic character. The poor guy only wanted free will.
BumsofTacoma
QUOTE (Aristotle @ Dec 22 2003, 11:30 PM)
I think that it is safe to say that the movie received "mixed reviews", and given that fact there may be a potential to discuss the future of games and game related products based in the fictional world of the Matrix.

But lets try to keep the discussion on game related stuff; and not be posting commentary, personal opnions, or inflamatory remarks about the movies themselves. Adding a disclaimer after the fact doesn't make it okay. It makes it worse, because you recognized the need...

But would it be okay to discuss the movie/any movie/ as long as it were done tastefully? As in no insulting or ragging on other peoples tastes, and intelligence.

I realize you don't want a small scale war going on and all, so I understand if you say no.

Although, talking rationaly about somethings is a lot to hope for isn't it.

biggrin.gif
Pistons
What Aristotle most likely meant was in regard to adding in a disclaimer citing an intention to talk about the game(s) and not the movies. Any resultant flame wars about either is discouraged, in any case. But the Lounge is gone, and the General Gaming forum is solely for games; please keep that in mind.

Back to discussions on games based on the Matrix trilogy. smile.gif
BumsofTacoma
Cool.

Anyway. Video game wise. I wasnt all that impressed with enter the matrix the game.

But, a role playing game I might be interested in. Would work well if done right. I have yet to see the 2nd and 3rd movie. So I dont know if I would really care about the writers being the same. From what I have heard the last 2 movies werent that good, so maybe a change in writers or some good editors would be needed. But as I say I havnt seen the last 2, so I would have to wait and see them before I formed a concrete judgement on who should write them. Then again, a lack of good writing in the movies might not mean a lack of good writeing in the game so. Ahh im blathering again sorry. grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012