Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know anything about this?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DMFubar
So I was looking at modifying some vehicles for a run I am creating for my players when I came across this sentence (bold-faced is my doing):

Arsenal (pg. 135, Ejection Seats)
With gamemaster approval and price increase, the parachute could be swapped out for something else, such as an aerial personal mobility vehicle

Where, oh where, can I find details on such an object, or, if not available, how would you go about creating it? What stats would you put to such a device?
Stahlseele
look for aerial drones with enough lifting capacity to carry metahuman bodies and you're pretty much set i'd say O.o
else? no such thing, as far as i know ^^
Dumori
I believe that the sparrow is one of such items the only one is aresnal.
DMFubar
Dead on Dumori! I had forgotten about that one and it is even called a "flying personal mobility vehicle." Thanks!

Aaron
I'd rather replace it with a large chunk of industrial-grade explosives, but that's just me.
Wasabi
QUOTE (Aaron @ Sep 2 2008, 06:42 PM) *
I'd rather replace it with a large chunk of industrial-grade explosives, but that's just me.

LOL! A troll-adapted Sparrow with 400kg of C15... FWWOOOOM!
HeavyMetalYeti
A troll guided smart bomb???
apollo124
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Sep 2 2008, 07:44 PM) *
LOL! A troll-adapted Sparrow with 400kg of C15... FWWOOOOM!

Gotta correct one little thing here Wasabi. The correct ending is FWWOOOOOM!
DMFubar
You know, thinking about this a little bit overnight, I keep getting visions of a Lone Star HRT team dropping out of the sky in armed/armored Sparrows after being ejected from a Zeppelin or something.
Dumori
I was working on droppod modded Sparrows high armor and rigger caccons plus VTOL capabilities ony problem is that it takes one min to get in the pod. Add a turret mounted SMG or AR and stealth tech you get an expensive overmodded one man droppod (I made it a separate item with some mods as standed) But makes for a cool loot and/or way to send in a strike team if you don't want it as loot selfdestruct and anit theft work wonders or them flying back up after dropping off their passengers.
crash2029
I was thinking Sparrows would make for pretty cool aerial insertion onto rooftops. If it went south you wouldnt have to wait on the roof for dustoff while getting shot a, you could just use the Sparows for evac.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Dumori @ Sep 3 2008, 04:37 PM) *
I was working on droppod modded Sparrows high armor and rigger caccons plus VTOL capabilities...

Ugh, I know I shouldn't go by the pictures in the books, but how is that thing not VTOL to begin with?
Stahlseele
i now somehow have that image of the rigger being pulled back from his driving seat into one of those modded things, the roof of his vehicle bursting open and the rigger inside one of those modded things being slowly launched into the sky on a giant jet of flames, like the start of a space shuttle O.o
Dumori
Because the rules say its dosen't along with helicopters and such one things i rule as stupid thats why the VTOL its one onf the standed upgrades on the droppod.
Jhaiisiin
You guys talking about the Sparrow vehicles keeps reminding me of The Cobra Flight Pods from old G.I. Joe.
DMFubar
COBRA!!!!!!!!!!

I modded up one last night that is intended to be used as the ejection seats on a Zeppelin (fast deployment pods for strike team). Has a fixed/flexible gun mount, Standard Armor ( 8 ), and Ejection Seat (meant to be quick release system to let pilot out quickly upon landing). As for the VTOL, I consider that a standard upgrade mod for the Sparrow, just something left off accidentally.
Dumori
I was thinking along the same lines but close to an armored one man pod. Par of me also want to stat out pods for larger thins lite heavy drones and veicals and have a zeppelin force carry them in to war.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Dumori @ Sep 4 2008, 12:44 PM) *
I was thinking along the same lines but close to an armored one man pod. Par of me also want to stat out pods for larger thins lite heavy drones and veicals and have a zeppelin force carry them in to war.

All I know is: more things need to be dropped in pods. When I get a package from fed-ex, I want it dropped in a pod. Lunch from the cafeteria? You'd better believe I want that dropped in a pod. And most importantly, when I show up at work, it should be slamming down out of the sky in a pod. Oh yeah. Mother-******* drop pods. smile.gif
Tarantula
Did someone say PODS? twirl.gif
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Sep 4 2008, 01:25 PM) *
Did someone say PODS? twirl.gif

When you order one, does it drop out of the sky and slam into your driveway? Do a bunch of professional movers leap out and pack all your stuff before you even know what hit you?
Bah, they probably bring it on a sissy truck. wink.gif
Dumori
No we need DROPPODS!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012