Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [IG] WTS Trojans, Malware, and Virii
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Wasabi
I am interested in completing my collection of malicious programs. If you are interested in any or all of them I'm selling them for 5% of retail [OOP: 5% of book cost] and if I get more than 1 person to 'go in' on this I'll happily do it as an even split. The cracker underground charges 10% of retail so if you are looking to round out a ho-hum collection of programs with insidious software suitable for striking down The Man, drop me a line at LTG 3244 54 54 5434. At 5% its 20,400 nuyen for the lot. I'll bet we can both arm ourselves just a weee bit better!

OOP: The Dunner has said players may buy and sell without cert signage and that it may be posted here as an Advertisement. If you are interested drop me a PM.
Bull
You know, for just a moment there, I thought this was one really weird SPAM post smile.gif
Quince
I've got a buyer looking for a rating 4 Tactical AR software license, a 'legal' copy to avoid that pesky update schedule. Naturally, we'll verify the TacSoft's authenticity for bugs/malware/virii before nuyen & authorization codes change hands. If you've got the 'ware, let's talk business.

-Quince
Wasabi
So sorry, omae... but I don't deal in brightly lit storefronts and shrinkwrapped boxes. If you want a *legit* Tacsoft-4 with no need for patching your buyer's team will need 6 copies of the full cost registered kind or you can get patching from someone (or the cracker underground) and get cracked Tacsofts for a 6 man team for 595% less nuyen. Heck with the cracked copy you can give them away to impromptu runners you hang with.

If cheap and no questions asked is your goal I'll sell you cracked Tacsofts at 5% of the price of stores. Source code provided so your team's hacker can see its on the up-and-up. You've got a fake SIN, right? Want the registration servers leading your fake SIN's datatrail to a registration server for updates on your security-only-highly-restricted software? Heck, a good fake license adds a couple thousand nuyen to the cost of the team's cover identity! One patch monthly from the cracker underground and your whole team is patched for a given Tacsoft. BAM! If you've got a Technomancer or the right kind of drone rigger you could even make the patches yourself. It takes some ingenuity mind you but its being done by some other teams.

I myself find it can get difficult to get 6 teammates with 8 sensor channels each that can apply the 8 sensor channels to a given target. I suggest getting lower rating Tacsofts as well and on a slaved TAN have an agent load the Tacsoft on the commlinks of a rating that will work given the number of runners and applicable sensor channels.

But I ramble, chummer. Whatever your choice I hope your shadows are deep, chummer.

-Wasabi

OOP: Remember that the Tacsoft rules say if a member lacks the prerequisite number of sensor channels that member drops out of the Tacnet. My friends and I have rarely been able to get 8 *applicable* sensor channels on a given insertion for more than a few minutes. One guy ducks behind cover or one silence spell and a wrench really gets thrown in the works. Lastly, in SRM games the sellback on anything is 30% of list (per RAW) so its a big financial decision on whether to go registered software or cracked. I myself chose the latter.
Quince
Excellent. You understand my intent, more important than my words. I’ll take care of the soft’s ‘repackaging’ for the client on this end; working from the source will not be a problem. Looking at a cracked Tacsoft, including sourcecode, tied to update patches from the cracker underground; street - 5%. Let me confirm system specs, and get back in touch to complete final arrangements.

- Quince
Quince
Wasabi- Client is assessing his capabilities, naturally taking longer than anticipated. He initially asked about Adaptive Scale functionality; to my knowledge, TacSoft does not allow the flexibility of programming options. Which raised an interesting question; without programming options, are Copy Protection and Registration included by default?

-Quince
Wasabi
[OOP: Thats an item for the errata methinks, specifically... if Tacsofts can use Registration and Copy Protection at all since they do not qualify. If they cannot use it then cracked versions at 10% of cost should not be available. Until told otherwise I'll assume that since all software can be bought cracked per RAW that all software can use Registration and Copy Protection. Excellent catch, I thought they COULD use programming options until you promoted me to re-read it!]

If you want cracked software, Chummer, I'm willing to do a little biz.
Quince
QUOTE (Wasabi @ Sep 16 2008, 09:19 PM) *
If you want cracked software, Chummer, I'm willing to do a little biz.

Then let's get to work. Client is ready to pull the trigger on a cracked rating 3 Tactical AR software. Does 8,550 nuyen jive with your calculations? Certifed payment, or "washed" Ares corp scrip, your choice.

Ah, bits of code for other bits of code. All is well in the digital world.

- Quince
Wasabi
The cost is 450 nuyen which is 5% of the 9000 nuyen retail price.
This is for a cracked rating 3 Tacsoft. I take certified cred and wire transfer.
Quince
Guess there is a difference between cost of 5% and 5% off cost, eh. Client was expecting to pay quite a bit more, and who am I to disappoint?

Might as well do an adaptive scale the old fashioned way; I've already started a wire transfer for the following:

TacSoft Rating 1 - 150
TacSoft Rating 2 - 300
TacSoft Rating 3 - 450
TacSoft Rating 4 - 600

Cracked Tacsoft + source + cracker underground patches

TOTAL 1500 + 500 bonus = 2000 nuyen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012