Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What ware would you get
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
sunnyside
If you were yourself but SR4 cyber/bioware was availible what would you go down to the mall and get with your own money? My wife is pretty opposed to much of that sort of stuff. So probably at most I'd get a datajack and if I can convincer her not to spaz I'd get some of the brain upping bioware brain boosters. But I've got a family so I'd have to convincer her that being smarter would pay off in the long run before I'd be able to dip into money that's supposed to be a down payment on a house.
Jaid
sleep regulater.
Ol' Scratch
Tailored Pheromones would be the top of the list. Cerebral Booster, Mnemonic Enhancer, Dietware, Skillwires, a Datajack and an Image Link would be near the top as well. After that would be things like Enhanced Articulation and Muscle Toners.

That'd be about it, however. No real chrome, not even cybereyes, though mods would be an option to improve my quality of life.
crizh
Oh God, can I have more than six Essence, or Delta Grade?

Just for starters.

Datajack
Cybereyes/ears
Simrig
Skillwires
Enhanced Articulation (if I couldn't afford Leonization)
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Jaid @ Sep 4 2008, 01:00 PM) *
sleep regulater.

IIRC, whenever this topic comes up, sleep regulator always comes up as most popular.
crizh
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Sep 4 2008, 07:15 PM) *
IIRC, whenever this topic comes up, sleep regulator always comes up as most popular.

That's because we're all afraid to say Penile Implant.....

[did I just say that out loud?]
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 4 2008, 01:17 PM) *
That's because we're all afraid to say Penile Implant.....

[did I just say that out loud?]

Ha! Awesome. rotfl.gif
ArkonC
From CP2020:
The Mr. Stud Sexual Implant
All night, every night and she'll never know!
crizh
Role-playing and the internet have sucked in my life.

God knows what would happen with a Penile Implant and a Simrig.
sunnyside
Heh. I could see selling sleep regulators on infomercials. Talking about how by getting any other job you'd be able to pay it off in months just using the time you save!

I dunno about enhanced articulation though. 40K? Ouch.

(Actually I seem to recall augmentation had a penile implant, but not with as much class as the good old Mr. Stud)
crizh
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Sep 4 2008, 07:25 PM) *
I dunno about enhanced articulation though. 40K? Ouch.

Have you seen the price of Leonization?

Major ouch.
BRodda
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Sep 4 2008, 12:55 PM) *
If you were yourself but SR4 cyber/bioware was availible what would you go down to the mall and get with your own money? My wife is pretty opposed to much of that sort of stuff. So probably at most I'd get a datajack and if I can convincer her not to spaz I'd get some of the brain upping bioware brain boosters. But I've got a family so I'd have to convincer her that being smarter would pay off in the long run before I'd be able to dip into money that's supposed to be a down payment on a house.

Cybereyes (with vision magnification and flare comp), cyberears, datajack, sleep regulator and Cerebral Boosters (2).
Total Cost: 33,250 nuyen.gif and I think that would be well worth the price even if I had to pay out of pocket for it.
Essence: 1.05 Essence. I think I can live with that.

Considering I'm an engineer working in ultra high-speed data products (10Gig ethernet) with 12 years experience I'd say there is a good chance that I could get work to pay for the boosters, datajack and the sleep regulator, however those things would pay for themselves in a year or so.

My eyesight sucks and the vision mag would be great for being able to examine PCB boards. Flare comp would just be because I hate bright light and it would be better than having to buy sunglasses every few months because I break or lose them. The cyberears just because I'm partially deaf and I'd rather have that than a hearing aid.

So for less than the cost a GMC Bulldog Step-Van I could improve my quality of life an earning potential exponentially. Sounds like a hell of a great deal.
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Sep 4 2008, 01:25 PM) *
Heh. I could see selling sleep regulators on infomercials. Talking about how by getting any other job you'd be able to pay it off in months just using the time you save!

Although ironically, the infomercials are only on at 3 in the morning. smile.gif
paws2sky
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Sep 4 2008, 02:25 PM) *
(Actually I seem to recall augmentation had a penile implant)

I think that was the joke... wink.gif

I'd definitely lean more toward Bioware... Sleep Regulator tops the list for me. I'd like to do something with my eyes, though I don't know if I'd go for cybereyes. Maybe some Dietware or Muscle Toner/Augmentation. I'd want to see a full-x sim recording of a guy with Synaptic Booster before buying, but it seems appealing.

This all assumes I have the money for these mods though, which seems like it would be a huge stumbling block.

-paws
It trolls!
Slimworm, a gene treatment against that disposition for diabetes that runs in my family and a brandnew vatgrown pancreas just to be sure.

Then I'd go and order me a truckload of that sweet sweet soyfudge!
Squinky
If I was gonna go all crazy and unrealistic, it would be full body cyber-replacement. smile.gif

But in a realistic sense, The first one I think of is orthoskin. Imagine never getting stung from wasps again, or never worrying about knicking yourself in the kitchen.

Cyber-ears, because my hearing sucks nyahnyah.gif

Tarantula
Sleep regulator, cybereyes (i'm horribly blind), datajack(trodes+sim module if they're an option instead) and skillwires. I could get a job or 2 at someplace like a factory, slot the chip for how to do it, and mentally nap while the skill chip does the work for me.
Ryu
Wish-List? Cybercomlink(the version with SIM-module), Mnemonic Enhancer 3, Cerebral Boosters 3, Suprathyroid Gland (main+side effects).
jago668
Datajack, Encephalon, Have someone clone my left leg (mainly the knee), cybereyes, Sleep Regulator, Cerebral Booster, Mnemonic Enhancer, Skillwires, probably a little bit of Damage Compensators, Penile Implant (yes I said it), and depending on essence left (deltaware, etc) I would probably get a level or two of muscle augmentation/toner and synaptic booster. Maybe some cyberears also.
crizh
QUOTE (jago668 @ Sep 4 2008, 08:06 PM) *
Have someone clone my left leg (mainly the knee),

That's why I was thinking Enhanced Articulation or Leonization....
Tarantula
Smart articulation could be pretty fun too. Fold up and fit in a box!
jago668
QUOTE (crizh @ Sep 4 2008, 02:13 PM) *
That's why I was thinking Enhanced Articulation or Leonization....

I need more than that. I'm missing the top 3 inches of my left fibula, and have a pin in to replace it. So I don't think enhanced articulation would really cut it.
Scratch
Sleep Regulator. (Speaking of the 'ahem...sleep regulator' comments earlier, has there ever been a female equivalent? What the hell would the advertising campaign for that be like?) Datajack, since DNI is one of the sexiest things about SR. Cyber eye and inner-ear replacements.
BRodda
QUOTE (Scratch @ Sep 4 2008, 02:26 PM) *
Sleep Regulator. (Speaking of the 'ahem...sleep regulator' comments earlier, has there ever been a female equivalent? What the hell would the advertising campaign for that be like?) Datajack, since DNI is one of the sexiest things about SR. Cyber eye and inner-ear replacements.

The 2020 the female version was called "The Midnight Lady". There are rough mentions in the fluff and rules about "enhancments" that Joygirls use, but they have never really gone into it to much.
JudgementLoaf
Sleep regulator is the obvious choice. Yet I think I would probably replace my eyes. A air tank would be nice too....I love to swim. A little bit of muscle augmentation also be great. Finally, any of the intelligence altering stuff would be grand. ESPECIALLY the math SPU.
sunnyside
QUOTE (Scratch @ Sep 4 2008, 02:26 PM) *

"More of the Oooooo and never any ouch."

Just brainstorming.

crizh
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Sep 4 2008, 08:58 PM) *
"More of the Oooooo and never any ouch."

Just brainstorming.

A Chemical Gland that produces KY?
crizh
QUOTE (jago668 @ Sep 4 2008, 08:26 PM) *
I need more than that. I'm missing the top 3 inches of my left fibula, and have a pin in to replace it. So I don't think enhanced articulation would really cut it.

Come now, in that case you have the perfect excuse for the Kid Stealth Cyberlegs!
crash2029
gastric neurostimulator
sleep regulator
cybereyes
auricle replacement cyberears
internal air tank
pain editor
cranial comlink w/sim module
math SPU
dietware
clean metabolism
ceramic bone lacing
orthoskin
muscle augmentation
synaptic booster
sunnyside
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Sep 4 2008, 03:11 PM) *
gastric neurostimulator
sleep regulator
cybereyes
internal air tank
pain editor
math SPU
dietware
clean metabolism
ceramic bone lacing
orthoskin
muscle augmentation
synaptic booster

Some of that is mil spec and not cheap at all.

@crizh I forget what the book said but I figured the device was there to add nerve groups, add lubrication, and be reinforced enough that you can be a lot rougher and come in at different angles compared to the real thing.

sunnyside
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Sep 4 2008, 03:11 PM) *
gastric neurostimulator
sleep regulator
cybereyes
internal air tank
pain editor
math SPU
dietware
clean metabolism
ceramic bone lacing
orthoskin
muscle augmentation
synaptic booster

Some of that is mil spec and not cheap at all.

@crizh I forget what the book said but I figured the device was there to add nerve groups, add lubrication, and be reinforced enough that you can be a lot rougher and come in at different angles compared to the real thing.

crizh
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Sep 4 2008, 09:20 PM) *

and teeth for those difficult clients...
Siege
Oh c'mon - has nobody mentioned the cybersnake from "Hardwired"?

A self-actuating, cyber weapons system...with an AI and a bad sense of humor. grinbig.gif

For my personal selections, I prefer retinal mods to outright cybereyes - the same with ear mods. Maybe some cosmetic work on my vocal chords for a deeper, louder voice. grinbig.gif

A lot of it would depend on what I'm doing for a living at the time - a datajack and cosmetic eye correction surgery at a minimum.

-Siege
Wesley Street
I'm going to step out of line and say "none of the above." I find the idea of artificially implanted eyeballs or lopping off a perfectly good arm to be creepy. I'd probably be scratching the seams a lot and sticking my finger in my datajack.
jago668
I've been under the knife 4 times for normal surgery, as normal as surgery ever gets. So the idea of having a better leg cloned and then grafted on doesn't bother me. The most disturbing to adapt to I think would be a datajack, and cybereyes.

Simply because the jack sticks out your head. The eyes because in the fluff it mentions people having to deal with diassociation since it is like watching everything on tv instead of seeing it yourself. Other than that I don't think I'd have too big a problem with anything.
Dumori
Internal comlink a must for me and sim module. Sleep regulator and bone lacing of some type. Then a rating 6 nanohive and gen-mods. datajack and the intelligence boosting head wear I'll use gear for the rest.
Tarantula
Move by Wire 4. Delta'ed. Go train to be a professional boxer or something. Retire shortly thereafter.
Muspellsheimr
If I were to get any augmentations, they would be Muscle Toner, Muscle Augmentation, Synaptic Booster, & Reflex Recorder (Close Combat).

None of those are high on the list, however. Most likely, I would not have any implants, instead I would become a Nosferatu, & I am already Awakened ork.gif
venenum
For myself;

Bioware;
Bone Density Augmentation, All three echolocation mods, Orthoskin with electroshok mod, Cats Eyes, Digestive Expansion, Platelet Factories, Truama Damper, Extended Volume, Enhanced Articulation, Nictictating Membrane, Symbiotes, Synthacardium, Toxin Extractor, Pathogenic Defense, Suprathyroid Gland, Muscle Augmentation, Muscle Toner, Sleep Regulator, Synaptic Booster, Enhanced Pheromone Receptors

Symbionts;
Booster Endosont

Gene Ware;
Low Oxygen Tolerance

Nano;
NanoHive and Nano Biomoneter
Nanites;
Nanotatoos, OxyRush, Nanosymbionts, Trauma Control system

Well that takes care of most everyday hazards.
Dumori
how much would that cost you want to become a bio-zombie or somthing?
venenum
QUOTE (Dumori @ Sep 4 2008, 05:59 PM) *
how much would that cost you want to become a bio-zombie or somthing?

Naturally its all delta. cyber.gif But that is just a wish list
Stahlseele
no replacement stuff, too weird for my taste . . mostly bio, the brainy stuff. like mnemonic enhancement, cerebral booster, sleep regulator especially . .
some eye-stuff, for infra-dead vision for example ADDED to my natural low-light . . maybe eye-light-system to further augment my view . . flare compensation, big plus with me, as i don't deal well with high levels of brightness due to my night-eyes . . math SPU, big plus too, and an encephalon . . and an attention coprocessor . . kinda allready have the suprathoid gland . . hmm . . an induction datajack in one hand or something like that would e nifty too . . no holes in my head, please . . image link, internal memory perhaps . . image magnification and an internal camera . . still no complete eye replacement for me, i am kinda fond of my glibber . . all 4 kinds of neural amplifier nano ware would be great too . . maybe some lowlevel skillwire-system, and some recording and editing stuff for the ears too . . and just for shits and giggles, nano tattoos, so i can show off a little bit . . with that kinda setup, there should be virtually nothing i can not accomplish if i ever set my mind into motion . . i don't need no fancy combaty stuff, if i can think of a solution, i probably won't have to fight . . and my body is surprisingly resilent and effective in the rare cases i do have to fight . .
i'd be learning skills left and right without even trying, i'd get the hang of any language faster than most people, i'd virtually have bought myself an perfect memory with this setup . . and i'd be able to do something windows still can't seem to do right: real multitasking!
hrm, probably would get the induction datajack skinlinked too . .

reading that, it looks as if i need to compensate for something . . i'd put myself about a 4 in intelligence, in SR3 numbers . .
Siege
Bio-zombie? Are you kidding?

Can you imagine what most of us freaks would do, given the opportunity to actually implant, upgrade and experiment? grinbig.gif

I'd live for 2.5 seconds after coming off the doc's table. But oh, what a 2.5 seconds they'd be. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Dumori
lol if I could I would be so close to zombie but ill likely become a bio/nano and gen-tech modded person talking 10+logic and able to learn anything quickly. Plus thosue nice bits of head wear who would take datajack with a internal comlink and sim module?
Wasabi
IN ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
Radar Sensor (the millimeter-wave headware that acts like x-ray vision)
Sleep Regulator
Move By Wire 3
False Front with Mimic
Leech Symbiote (Mimic Drug)
Mnemonic Enhancer
KCKitsune
I would get a Datajack, a Sound Link, and a Sleep Regulator. I would then get a pair of skinlinked Intra-Occular Lenses (like contacts, but implanted) for my eyes to give me Lowlight vision, Flair Comp, and image link.

Total Bill: 10,975 nuyen.gif, this would be a BIG increase in my quality of life without the disassociation with having cybereyes.
Shrapnel
Smartlink all the way...

It's like having an EOTech for your eyes!

Second choice would be the Rangefinder mod.
Ravor
In this order...

Left Cyberleg (full)
Mr Stud! *winks*
Datajack
Cybereyes
Sleep Regular

sunnyside
Man we've got a lotta gimps here.

I guess the dumpshock demographic is a lot older than I was expecting.
The Jopp
Sleep Regulator (Because sleeping is a waste of time)
Cybereyes (Because i need better eyesight)
Cerebral Booster 2 (Better Brains is Good)
Clean Metabolism (Farting in bublic is annoying)
Hair Growth (To fight my receeding hairline)
Enhanced Articulation (Arthritis is bad for you)
Reception Enhancers (Perception is nice)
Dietware (Fighting weight increase takes too much time)
Muscle Augmentation
Muscle toner
Corrective Gene Therapies (To remove heredetary diseases within my family)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012