Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Not So Subtle Madness
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
DocTaotsu
CHANGE LOG: 10OCT08
Daily Message: Waiting on responses... Added a few things to the POSTING/RP GUIDELINES

POSTING/RP GUIDELINES (Updated):
[ Spoiler ]

GAME INFORMATION:
[ Spoiler ]

Roster Thus Far:
-Claviatika ->Ezekiel "Gemini" Wolfen, Street Samurai
-Goldirocks ->Lola LaFayette, Parazoologist/Gun Adept
-Ears ->Alan Reese, Mystic Adept Investigator
-Madrigan -> Martin Guerrier, Newbie Mage
-Zombayz -> S*P, Combat Axe With Legs
-Digital Heroin -> Morgan Doakes, Adept Hacker (Shunned by the magical community smile.gif)
-Mickle5125 -> Kerrigan Sierra O’Malley, Custom gun with legs

Wait List:
-Dumori
-Grimreaper500

7 players is a full house for me, if you you're interested in getting on the waiting list, feel free to post in this thread so we know your intentions.
Spoiler tags are to keep things readable.
GM CONTACT INFO: DOCTAOTSU (at) GMAIL COM
DocTaotsu
PC CHARACTER SHEETS:

Alan Reese:
Ears

[ Spoiler ]

S*P:
Zombayz

[ Spoiler ]

Ezekiel "Gemini" Wolfen:
claviatika Tres

[ Spoiler ]

Martin Guerrier:
Madrigan

[ Spoiler ]

Morgan "Mosaic" Doakes:
Digital Heroin

[ Spoiler ]

Kerrigan Sierra O’Malley:
Mickle5125

[ Spoiler ]

DocTaotsu
SETTING INFORMATION:

The Gig [IC]:
[ Spoiler ]

The World:
[ Spoiler ]
DocTaotsu
Reserved: You know... whatever
DocTaotsu
Typhoon is a coming... posting might be uh... disrupted for the next couple or 5 of days...

Just depends.
Madrigan
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Sep 10 2008, 04:46 PM) *
Typhoon is a coming... posting might be uh... disrupted for the next couple or 5 of days...

Just depends.

Man, it's like a bash.org quote.

"AFK: Typhoon"
DocTaotsu
hehe...
AFK: Typho- >>>TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED<<<
DocTaotsu
Alright! I'm alive! Go play in the IC section!
Ears
The guns are they loaded with 'real' or gel ammo?
If only normal, what's the response if you ask for gel rounds in the armory?
DocTaotsu
The armory stocks gel rounds and stick n' shock but your issue weapons are loaded with flechette. The rig itself carries normal, ex-ex, and some very tightly controlled APDS (remotely locked box, requires authorization from control who in turn requires positive ID of a creature or people who seriously warrant APDS). I sure hope you have someone who is handy with a pocket parazoology interface. *cough cough*

I really need to type up a gear list for you guys. Hopefully I'll get that done over the the next week or so.
Zombayz
I'll assume we have our respective weapons on us (axe, katana, Colt 2066, etc)? And gear too?
DocTaotsu
Absolutely.
Mickle5125
hmm... I don't recall what weapons I gave Kerrigan... I'll have to look that up. Well, if nobody has a problem with it, I'll run with the assumption that she has all of her toys...I mean, guns... with her in a big ol' duffel bag.
DocTaotsu
You have all your gear unless you state otherwise. Just be sure to give us an idea where it's all at so I don't have to smack anyone for having "magic pockets".

Keep in mind what your boss told you though, you're technically not supposed to have anything besides a couple of Manhunters and 990's. Carrying a backup on you is generally fine, running around with 14 break holsters is not.
claviatika Tres Ojos
Where is everyone?
Madrigan
DocTaotsu is (as I understand the situation) currently marooned in Taipei waiting for Typhoon Sinlaku to get out of its stall and go somewhere else so his plane back to the States can take off.

I've been busy/lazy. No real excuse.

Not sure about anyone else.
Zombayz
I was waiting for you people, eh?
DocTaotsu
I'm back and I'm alive smile.gif Continue with posting! What are people doing? Post OOC than we can decide what you do IC! Game damnit! wink.gif

So everyone is heading to the vehicle?

@Digital Heroin: Let's see some data search rolls. Give yourself a 2 dice modifier for knowing pretty much exactly what you're looking for. I assume you're trying to find this all out for free because you could get a straight answer basically instantly for about 200 nuyen (You'd find nodes that specialize in doing this sort of esoteric look up... for a few).

Anyone want to roll Knowledge: Parazoology or anything? If so roll them bones and post a link to you Invisible Castle numbers here.

Anyone want to roll astral perception, run searches, whatever, now is the time smile.gif

Speaking of which, Magic folk (which means pretty much all of you). The citymaster has a level 3 ward that was attuned to you all earlier today by the duty mage. The cages are not warded because... What the fuck are you doing putting dual natured critters in your vehicle. At the same time it's fairly common practice for a crews mage boy/girl to ward the cages as necessary (it'snot against policy).
Mickle5125
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1734163/

Just for the fun of it, I'm rolling Seattle Layout to see if I can guess where we might be going to swat beasties. 1 hit isn't going to help much, I imagine.
DocTaotsu
Actually your commlink has a profile of where you are supposed to go tonight (I haven't exactly decided yet but you basically moving in an arc, East, South East, South. From the city towards the coast). Which is interesting because as you're looking... the profile changes subtlety. The basic arc is followed but a few specific sites have been changed.

Sadly, as you've said, a single hit doesn't help you much. You at least have an idea where you are going though (ie. It won't be a surprise and when I work out it out I'll let you know).
DocTaotsu
Alright, you have a couple of sites in Renton, a couple that are flagged as "hazardous" due to their proximity to the Renton/Auburn border. The other sites are in Tacoma, mostly just spraying jobs or replacing broken sensor hubs. You notice that most of the job sites are clustered in the southwestern corner of the Tacoma region.
Madrigan
Aha! I was waiting for someone to say something that would give me an opening to use Parazoology

The roll!
Zombayz
Damn, nice roll
DocTaotsu
Let's hope it keeps up when the bullets and cyberzombies start flying...

er. I mean smile.gif

Digital Heroin probably would have ID'd the critter via his datasearch so we'll spare him the roll... this time.

Okay your FANTASTIC roll immediately ID's the claw marks as belonging to Ursus Piasma a carnivorous bear with tusks that can weigh more than 600 kilograms. They're noted for being nocturnal and fairly reclusive, usually only attacking lone humans or small groups. Presumably this is to prevent detection and extermination and reports of piasma attacks are taken very seriously by MAC. A simple datasearch will reveal that this vehicle was most likely involved with a City funded piasma hunt a couple years back. Evidently a den of them had set up along the Salish-Sidhe border and were foraying into various districts. Kind of a modern "Ghost in the Darkness".

There's more information about the attack but it's probably uninteresting to the characters (or the players). The only other interesting tidbit is that your boss, the guy who hired you, was present during that hunt as his picture and name appears on some attached photos.

Piasma are NOT noted for being attracted to cities or people (except for eating) so these attacks were very strange. Various rumors surround those attacks although it could simply be "Funky Nature Stuff". Finding out more would demand a bit of dedicated research.
Zombayz
Wait, did anyone else notive that we went BACK in time in the IC thread, from 2150 to 2140? I'll go back to the regular continuum, AKA 2150 onwards
DocTaotsu
Yeah... be sure to update those time stamps. I'm moving the scene on now... so hopefully it won't be much of an issue.
DocTaotsu
Alright, the band plays on. Unless someone want to do anything besides make small talk you guys all sit there while being subjected to some pretty offensive and generally mindless Post-Orkploitation Ganger Rap (ParaThreat is a much better rapper, her complex lyrics definitely paint a much more evocative living image of Z-Zones and the struggle of the Ork Underground. She also doesn't overly rely on synthinstruments to FORCE her audience to experience various emotions.)

Anyways I need everyone to roll 1d6 and report their results via Invisible Castle. Post the results OOC as usual.

Good RP so far, I'm looking forward to getting into the meat and potatoes of this story over the next couple of posts.
Mickle5125
one d6? how unpleasant... well, here's the roll

I rolled a 2. How depressing. Ah well... what bad stuff happens to me?
DocTaotsu
Good lord man, it's not that bad! It certainly wasn't a test...
Mickle5125
you mean I haven't been eaten by the invisible bear that was in the seat next to me? oh thank heaven!
DocTaotsu
Oh no! You haven't bee eaten... yet...
Madrigan
Roll as requested.
Digital Heroin
Everything's coming up Milhouse?
Zombayz
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Sep 20 2008, 01:31 PM) *
you mean I haven't been eaten by the invisible bear that was in the seat next to me? oh thank heaven!

Wait, you're worry about the bear eating you? Who said I didn't need a snack wink.gif ?

And Here's the roll

And Digital, nice job on the quote from the Eddas. Younger Edda, I'll assume?
Ears
And here's my try at winning the bear: Roll

@DocToatsu: What's your say on buying hits?

While the rap mobile is on tour, Alan is first searching, well having his agent search, for the author(s) of "The Secret Doctrine, the Synthesis of Science, Religion and Philosophy", any publicly available publications by them and then browsing through whatever came back.

So R2 agent, running R3 browse:

data search rolls

Dunno how many hits you set for finding that stuff, hope I got enough.
DocTaotsu
I'm all for buying hits... if you're going to throw YES dice you can always ask if buying hits will be sufficient (or I might just say that it is).

You'll certainly be able to find these books fairly easily as well as a great deal of commentary and discussion. A quick perusal finds the magical community mostly skeptical of her claims and philosophies. In particular they are dismissive of her claims to "psychic powers" claiming that such things have been systematically disproved since the Awakening. Other claim she was a vicious racist (it's worth noting that many of these people are metahumans). And so on and so forth. There's certainly a fairly large block of people who support and advocate her positions, particularly those who follow some of the less "traditional" shamanic traditions. There's a number of hermetic mages who use her body of work as guidance for their traditions.

What in particular are you looking for here?
claviatika Tres Ojos
Requested Roll
Ears
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Sep 21 2008, 09:34 PM) *
I'm all for buying hits... if you're going to throw YES dice you can always ask if buying hits will be sufficient (or I might just say that it is).

Great.

QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Sep 21 2008, 09:34 PM) *
What in particular are you looking for here?

In particular? Not much. Just a bit about her, her work and such to see what kind of book gets that much use from one of my teammates. Essentially what you listed covers that well enough. I didn't excpect the drive to the first site to take long, just enough to to get a general feel of the base premises of her writings.
DocTaotsu
I guess my broader question is "Where are you going with this?" smile.gif
Ears
Err, where am I going with this? Nowhere actually. It's just to establish a certain nosyness.
DocTaotsu
Ah very well...
Zombayz
C'mon people, I ain't lettting this die!
claviatika Tres Ojos
I'm still here, just waiting
Mickle5125
and I just tormented our driver a bit. AND gave a perfect opportunity for Mr. GM to move us along
DocTaotsu
Sorry folks, I've been taking care of some real world stuff lately (being dramatically ill and flying from America to Japan and back again).

Posting will push forward tomorrow.
Again, sorry for the delay!
claviatika Tres Ojos
No worries, was just afraid the game was going to die
DocTaotsu
This game is most certainly not going to die unless I die or you all leave. I'm just running a little behind because of real life.

Digital Heroin
RealLifeâ„¢ is understandable. Thankfully my own drag-away time is all but done and passed. Only twelve hours to go before I'm allowed to sleep again.

Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.
DocTaotsu
Alright! Back on track. I need:

1. Everyone roll me a straight visual perception test.
2. Everyone roll me a parazoology knowledge check. Be sure to add 3 dice because your commlinks have a smart program like "The Mage Pocket Library" loaded (It's like "The Pest Control Easy Field Reference Guide").
3. Everyone roll me a auditory perception test(Threshold 3), be sure to add any funky bonuses for earbuds or what have you.
4. Everyone who makes that threshold 3 test, make me a Local Area Knowledge test.
5. Anyone with enhanced smell or an olfactory booster or something, make me a smell perception test.

Sorry if we sped ahead from the last scene but I really want to get to the meat and potatoes of this adventure. If it really bothers you all we can go back in time and flesh a little of that out (Or better yet, do so in the IC banter page).

Also! Your next post should describe how your character works. Do they work hard? Do they enjoy the work? Do the hide as much as possible? Do they follow procedure? Do they wander off? etc etc. Give us an idea how your character operates in a typical mind numbing minimum wage 9 to 5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012