Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Phoenix Rising
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
DWC
Evidently.
crizh
QUOTE (DWC @ Jun 7 2009, 08:18 PM) *
Evidently.

I thought you were going out?

wobble.gif
DWC
I am, in about half an hour.
crizh
Ahh, right, my time-zone-fu sucks.
bmcoomes
Sorry guys we got held up and I was unable to let anyone know. I just got home 1425 pst. I'm still up for a game today if we can, or one during the week to make it up.

Thanks,
Brent
crizh
I'm up for it if anyone else is.
bmcoomes
well Deadman won't be able too make it. But we will have Little Johnson back with the group.
bmcoomes
we are a go for a game today. Here in about 20 mins.

DWC
Sorry about yesterday. Had a crisis come up at the office and wasn't done fighting the fire until late in the afternoon. What'd I miss?
bmcoomes
nothing much Oenone and Little Johnson was the only others that showed. Deadman was under the weather, and I've not heard from Crizh. All that happened was we got Little Johnson's character finished.
crizh
I was out at my PnP group yesterday, I will be next Sunday as well I'm afraid.
DWC
I didn't think too many of y'all would be around next Sunday, since it's Father's Day.
bmcoomes
There will hopefully be a game this Sunday (June 28th) at our normal time. it will be the Pheonix Rising game we have missed the deadline for the playtest.

Thanks,
Brent
crizh
Holy Hell, we suck.

How big was the actual window for this? We only tried to play for the first time four weeks ago.

I'll tell you what, relying on OpenRPG isn't going to work. We can't be shackled to somebody else's servers like that. We were all there that first week, ready to play and with no shortage of time on our hands.

Time to find a new solution...

Has anybody else used Dropbox? My wife uses it to share images with her friends, it would be great for maps and we could just use IRC or MSN for everything else.
DWC
Nothing wrong with going to irc, and using Photobucket for any images you need to show us.
bmcoomes
I'm all for which ever direction we want to take. I can see if we can run our own server on Openrpg.
I can test it now if we like,

thanks
bmcoomes
forget the server idea it sucks worse then normal openrpg
Oenone
Can we get the stuff for the missed game emailing? If you have it that is, mostly as I'm curious how it reads.

I think Openrpg is working as well as IRC would, as it's not Openrpg which is the main problem but rather it's people not turning up that's causing us problems.
bmcoomes
So roll call for a game this Sunday (July 12th) it'll be the finally of this marathon run we have been having. Plus we can get everyone on the same page.

Thanks,
Brent

crizh
I'm in.
deadman
will be there
DWC
Unfortunately, not around this Sunday or next.
bmcoomes
I'm trying to get into Openrpg but it's giving me hell
bmcoomes
I'm up and running now finally
bmcoomes
Well, I'm ready to finish up this run from hell if everyone else is. How does this Sunday (July,26th) sound? Then I'd like to talk about changing somethings up with a new campaign or something. Plus I have Bear Season coming up so I'll be gone from July 31st to August 9th hunting bear. So that will be two sundays with no games.

well I'm off,
Brent
deadman
sounds good to me
Oenone
Working out how to spend 500k is a nightmare.

I almost cyberzombied Etoile half a dozen times over. But still I think the upgrade will do her combat abilities good. Hand Razors replaced with CyberSpurs. MBW replaced with Synaptic Boosters, a Supathyroid & genetic optimization for her agility score taking it up to 10. The only real downside is the loss of two points of dodge, which is more than made up for with the Rating 5 skillwires with an expert system. Allowing edge re-rolls. biggrin.gif

Edit - Subject to GM approval that is!
bmcoomes
I'm fine with that and I got your email too.

I'm still GM for this campaign. I was thinking of starting a second one with the Denver characters and maybe someone else run it so I can get a little break and play. I'm still working on the rest of this campaign which really isn't to much left. I don't I was to clear on all that. but I'd like to place this campaign on hold for now.

I do feel bad about ending this one roughly. But it was on a downward spiral I felt like and wasn't in the mood to deal with and for that I'm sorry. but I was going to pull the Drake out of my hoop anyways I was just going to do it at a better time.

We can hash this out (talk about it more) and get something figured out.

thanks,
Brent
Oenone
We could try following the Dawn of the Artifacts stuff.

In theory we could restart from the very beginning with new (or resets of the existing Denver characters) and play through the campaign again. With a different GM + player set up it'd be fairly different to how it went the first time.

But maybe that's just me wanting to make use of the Dawn Of the Artifacts 1 - Dusk PDF I got and also as an excuse to completely revamp Fusion. Who just isn't worth playing with a tricked out TM like Granny (to handle the matrix stuff) around as she's no good at hacking and no good at combat because her focus is split with the hacker/rigger stuff/
bmcoomes
I'd for that I'd like to use my Lameco Street Sam
bmcoomes
This is mostly an update about Openrpg. For those of you who have downloaded the installer I have up that is what you need. but it's Traipse (former Openrpg) who may have found out that the links in the start menu don't work. Just delete them and go to c:/programs/traipse and create shortcut and place that shortcut there. Second you will need to change the meta server which you can get to by using ctrl+s it's the second item on the list and you can paste this server there.

http://orpgmeta.appspot.com/

after that you should be good to go. I know this is a lot of crap but the new platform is much better and sounder (so no crashing) "still to been seen". But I'm liking what I'm seeing. though there organization skills with the new development is lacking the product I can't complain about it's free and it getting better.

Anywho I thought I would share this with you guys.

Thanks,
Brent
bmcoomes
OK, I'm changing over the my graveyard rotation and I'd like to talk about the days or times we have available to play. With going to graveyard I'll have Thursday and Friday off which in RL is Wednesday and Thursday. Then I'd be available after 2100 (9:00pm) until when ever.

Plus now that I've have time to think about about a mill things over I'd like to redo the airport scene if everyone is up for it. I've got Openrpg all set-up and done some organization/preparation that it should run smoothly.

Ok that's about it.
Brent
deadman
sounds fine have no problem with redoing the airport fight, 9pm is not good for me as its wife time, and she gets cranky when I dont do the family time thing ya know
bmcoomes
please see the email and disregard the above
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012