Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Diesel
http://www.nationstates.net

It's fun. Join the Zurich Orbital!

TimeKeeper
From the Website:

The Incorporated States of Zurich
"The Meek can have the Earth. We're going to the Stars!"

The Incorporated States of Zurich is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its strong anti-business politics. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 1.843 billion are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

There is no government in the normal sense the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals devotes most of its attentions to Commerce, with areas such as Social Welfare and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Automobile Manufacturing.

College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, and the nation refuses to provide international aid. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Zurich's national animal is the gnome, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the thaler.

Zurich is ranked 6th in the region and 57,733rd in the world for Lowest Crime Rates

Sounds about right.
Nath
Now 1st in the region and 520th in the world for Most Subsidized Industry. Yeah !
Diesel
I meant the giant asteroid region I started, but that's okay with me! biggrin.gif

Buzzed
The Democratic States of the Nieve Nine
"If they don't like us, kiss their asses."

The Democratic States of The Nieve Nine is a tiny, socially progressive nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5 million enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level social equality free of the usual accompanying government corruption.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Healthcare and Education are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 62%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Gambling.

Crime is totally unknown. The Nieve Nine's national animal is the weasel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the clinton.
Fortune
QUOTE (Buzzed)
Nieve

What is this word? smile.gif
Austere Emancipator
The Incorporated States of Erehwon Forest
"Economists do it with models"

Region: Suomi (Finland)

I keep regulating less and less and my government keeps bloating. frown.gif

I miss my old nation, which I suicided (Suicide by Random Password). It was already at 1.5 bil, and was firmly set as a Capitalist Paradise which had all the biggest industries in the region and was always the most intelligent with zero crime rate and 0 taxes. That rocked.
MachineProphet
The Holy Empire of Jiblea

Aww, yeah. Ph33r our mad cultists skills. All will heed the words of the Prophet!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012