Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karn Evil
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Mickle5125
Ok, here's the OOC board. Post your ooc stuff here.

ok, here's the rules:

1. BP chargen (425 BP & 35 karma) OR karmagen (750 karma & 35 karma). Bonus Karma for backstory.
2. Natural Charisma * 2 free contact points

- - Date and Time = orange and bold
- - "Speech color=cyan, optionally enclosed in quotes"
- - <Coms (subvocal) color=violet>
- - <Coms (Text) color=yellow>
- - Thoughts color=darkkhaki and in italics
- - Memories, flashbacks, dreams color=green and in italics

Current Cast (6/6):
Redcap. Concept: Ex soldier/heavy weapons.
Dumori. Concept: B&E dwarf
Intro. Concept: PI
Digital Heroin. Concept: Magic-hunter elf
Dr. Funkenstein. Concept: Street Illusionist
DTFarstar. Concept: chaos mage

Waiting List:
Cndblank
Mickle5125
Some GM provided contacts. Enjoy.

1. Ivan Checkov (C5) – Fixer. Vory troll muscle who moved up to the big leagues. Head of the local Vory gun trade. Still tends to fall back on his intimidation tactics if things don’t go exactly as he wants.

2. Miranda (C3) – Talismonger. Known and acknowledged Monkey shaman. Fairly powerful.

3. HK (C5) – hacker. Only meets people online. NEVER face to face. Nobody in Denver seems to know who he is, or, if they do, they aren’t talking.

4. The Good Doctor (C4) – Friendly street doc. Does some work as a fixer and is known to dabble in anything remotely connected to medicine.

5. Xiao Mei (C3) – Old, crazy Chinese man who runs a traditional medicine shop. Always has a stock of odd/unusual/interesting items, and will often pay for anything that catches his eye. “You get me Eyes of Greed, I pay big buck!�

6. Walter (C6) – Arms dealer. British, proper, and polite, he holds an astonishing level of neutrality when it comes to the politics of the Denver Shadows. People from all areas of Denver can safely enter his shop and purchase goods. If you need a piece of gear, he has it or can get it. Always.

7. Targas (C4) – Fixer and Information Broker. Seems to know where he needs to be, and turns up there. Very Paranoid. Uses disposable commcodes and is very, very difficult to get ahold of. It’s best to just wait for him to show up. He’ll know if you need him.

8. Vicious (C4) – Fixer and Yakuza Oyabun. Lives up to his name. Came into power by killing everyone over him in the city, or so rumor has it. He’s a good ally, but a terrible enemy to have.
Mickle5125
ANOTHER SPACE SAVER! GO!
Red_Cap
Ok, a few things while the final details are still being hammered out:

1.) Are we an established team? Does everyone know everyone else, is used to working with them, etc? My vote is yes.

2.) And I swear to Christ there was something else I wanted to ask, but now it has fled my mind.
Ol' Scratch
My assumption was that we were familiar with each other and had been working on-again off-again for at least a few months. Maybe not all our work has been as a "team" but that we had come together quite a bit regardless of our freelance status. Kind of the best of both worlds there.
Mickle5125
Ultimately, it's up to you guys. Personally, I would love for you all to end up picking the same fixer... Make my life a whole lot easier, I tell you now... ^_^

I'll probably alter those first couple posts tomorrow sometime. So keep your eyes open
DTFarstar
I kind of went the same way as Doc did, but that could easily be altered to a closer working relationship- or even friendship, though I doubt most of you like Lerris much.

Chris
Dumori
Spiders a bit of a loner/freak but he's good at what he does. I can see him knowing a few people but not having that many friends out of the transhumanist/changeling scenes due to his appearance and personality.
Intro
QUOTE (Dumori @ Sep 23 2008, 10:59 AM) *
Spiders a bit of a loner/freak but he's good at what he does. I can see him knowing a few people but not having that many friends out of the transhumanist/changeling scenes due to his appearance and personality.

Miguel (the PI) is generally a loner as well, and has started 'running with a team relatively recently, as he's somewhat in debt and was drawn to the faster cash that running provides. Most of his experience and reputation come from his earlier/primary career as an investigator, though only a couple people know that the two are the same individual. (Uses the Facial Sculpt adept power when running.)
Ol' Scratch
Smoke is pretty much the exact opposite. He's extremely extroverted and a people person. Though if you've been around him for any significant amount of time, it slowly dawns on you that he uses those traits to actually hide his true self from others. He may be the center of attention at a party, but few if anyone ever get to see the real him. It's all an act, much like his street performances. Hell, it's unlikely anyone in the group even knows his real name. If asked, he usually just grins and says something to the effect of, "if I told you that, I wouldn't be the Devil at cards no more" followed by a quick yet subtle change of subject.
DTFarstar
You all know Lerris' real name, it is Lerris Valerius. Quick overview as I finalize the actual detailed background, Lerris was a child prodigy in the fields of physics and mathematics and was doing work on string theory and the unified theory of reality by age 12. When he awaked at age 14 Lerris fell into the chaos mage tradition in an effort to continue his work and find a unifying theory for reality and magic underlaying the chaos of it all. He is convinced that reality as we know it... isn't. He spends a lot of his free time continuing his work, and since he is largely regarded as batshit nuts in the scientific community he makes his money to fund said research running.

Chris
Mickle5125
posted some GM provided contacts... feel free to use them. If you don't, you'll just be creating more work for me as I come up with ways to tie your contacts into the world...
Digital Heroin
Looks like I'm still making Immortal, and cursing my timing, because I was three blocks from a store that had the book, but it'd closed by the time I got there. Now I'm sailing (thus reduced in online, and sleep time) without it, and itching to see RC if only for the new Qualities.

Immortal is a professional, and as such keeps a professional distance. He's not what you'd call good with people, though. Picture a drunker, meaner Jayne from Firefly, and make him an Elf chalk full of 'ware, with a tendancy to attract angry Insect spirits. He'll work with a group well, though, because the job is his word, and they're part of the job.
Red_Cap
Bazz is an ex-soldier in the CAS Army, but he doesn't fit the hard-bitten soldier-of-fortune stereotype. He's got an acerbic wit and a love of sarcasm and apparently doesn't take anything seriously. He finds it easy to get along with people of all stripes so long as they don't mind the occassional crack at their expense. He's not a big fan of Azzies, though, a relic of his time in the Army skirmishing with them in Texas. He's fairly tall (for a halfer) and doesn't give a damn about his -- or anyone else's -- metatype. So long as you know what your doing and don't leave him hanging, he's your best friend.
Mickle5125
Soo... who's still working on their character, and who's gotten it to me?

For those of you who have submitted it to me... I'll try to get them back to you either tomorrow or saturday. it's been a fairly busy week for me, unfortunately.
Intro
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Sep 25 2008, 08:52 PM) *
Soo... who's still working on their character, and who's gotten it to me?

For those of you who have submitted it to me... I'll try to get them back to you either tomorrow or saturday. it's been a fairly busy week for me, unfortunately.

I'm at about 95% on the character sheet and 85% on the writeup. I'll try to have them finished by tonight.
DTFarstar
I'm still working but should be done by tomorrow night. I've had a lot of personal shit come up, but I should still be fine to play.

Chris
Dumori
You have my basic wirte up but I need a link to the Denver write up to do a full backstory
Ol' Scratch
I just need to finish juggling my Resources around so I can get the gear I need as well as typing up the Twenty Questions (though most of his story can be found in the descriptions for his qualities, contacts, and similar areas on the sheet). Otherwise he's mostly done and the link in your PM should cover all the meat-and-potatoes for everything except what I just mentioned. smile.gif
Ol' Scratch
I'm nearly done with Smoke. Just trying to figure out how to work in a couple thousand more nuyen for some gear. He's being persnickity about giving anything up. <shakes fist>
Dumori
I am thiniing about adding to spider as i just had one of those why didnt i do that moments
Digital Heroin
I'm being fragged in the drive-thru work-wise (which means no time to myself, since I'm living at work right now), sadly, this means unless you're cool with a week's delay on my part, I'm not going to be able to muster something.
Mickle5125
I suppose I can allow some time for character mods, stat adjustments, backstory rewrites, and the like. It just means that I have that much more time to create means of torturing... I mean, entertaining you guys. bwahahaha.

Yeah, I'm still working on one of my NPCs and am waiting for the creative genius behind this character to get back to me with a bit of info on said character, so it'll take me a bit, anyway. So don't worry too much about being late. Get me stuff asap, though. I'm thinking... this time next week I'll post the first IC post.

Once I get the first post done, I'd like you all to post what your characters are up to from about 6 in the evening until... 10-ish. So, if you guys want to start thinking on that while working on your character sheets, do so. cyber.gif
Mickle5125
So how're those character sheets coming along?
Ol' Scratch
Sorry; I've only been online for brief intervals at a time lately. I'm all but finished with my sheet. Will PM you in a moment with more details!
Mickle5125
Looks like we're just waiting for Digital Heroin, but he did say this week was going to be rather brutal for him IRL, so we'll give him a bit o' time.
DTFarstar
I'm still finishing things off, myself, but I should have it to you presently.

Chris
Mickle5125
I'm going to create the IC post sometime tonight. Once the calls from the fixers come in, your final character sheets should be in. Backstories can be expanded upon after that point, but any changes after that will NOT be receiving bonus karma. So get your backstories and charsheets to me posthaste, comrades!
Digital Heroin
After a visit to Oman, capturing a terrorist who'd engineered the sinking of a Canadian merchant ship, and being attacked by the Iranian Air Force, I am home, and in possession of RC (It's crazy what a guy has to do to get a copy around here)...

I'm working on two possibles right now, Immortal first, because he's badass...
Ol' Scratch
I'm going to feel like such an underachiever next to you guys. <looks at Smoke's streetline special again and sighs>
DTFarstar
Hey, at least Smoke deigns to own a weapon. Lerris is a bit too arrogant about his superiority to bother with such peasant things as firearms.

Chris
Mickle5125
Aaand... The IC Thread is up! This first post should be something along the lines of "A day in the Life of..." I want your activities from roughly 3 in the afternoon until 10 at night. I'll put your call from the fixer sometime soon, and the game will be on.

DH, good to see you're still alive. Do be fairly quick with the charsheet and backstory, though. Thanks!

ALSO! I've put the formatting rules in the first post for the ooc board. I'm also planning on, once I get around to it, putting your character sheets into that convenient saved space earlier on this board. If there's anything you don't want everyone and their grandma to know about in your character sheet, tell me asap so that I can cut it out.
Ol' Scratch
Hmm, not much to work with there but I'll try to whip something up in a bit.
Mickle5125
It's basically a chance to show a bit of IC behavior for your characters, along with a chance to do any last minute things before you get the call... purchase any equipment you may have forgotten, etc etc.
DTFarstar
I'll finish re-writing my background(stupid me forgetting to bring it with me to my girlfriends in a different city.) and then send you my character sheet, my background, and get an IC post up.

Chris
Digital Heroin
Sheet and (sadly) basic background have been e-mailed. More detailed BG when my brain works.
Dumori
Sorry for the dealy but it should be all done by tomorrow RL has craped on me and I needed Tuesday to relax.
Red_Cap
I'm still waiting for this thing to kick off. Call me impatient.
Intro
Yeah, sorry, I've got an IC post drafted out, but work/school/fresh kittens have demanded attention. If we really want to get things moving, I think just posting up draft/filler first IC posts by people that haven't done so yet would get things going, as those are the ones that take the most time and thought, and we could get back to them later.

Alex
DTFarstar
I should get mine up tomorrow afternoon after my Organic Chemistry test.

Chris
Mickle5125
OK! time for the fixer calls. I'll go ahead and post the ones I have done here. If you don't see your fixer, let me know and I'll write something up for him/her.

IVAN's Call

[ Spoiler ]

THE GOOD DOCTOR's Call

[ Spoiler ]

TARGAS's Call

[ Spoiler ]

VICIOUS's Call

[ Spoiler ]

For those of you who have multiple fixers, use your primary fixer for the call. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Mickle5125
So who's still around?
Dumori
here.
Red_Cap
I am back State-side with a working internet connection, so I am now good to go. Sorry about the wait, but that's Army (in)efficiency for you.
Mickle5125
Good to see you around. Hopefully the others have figured out that we're not completely dead yet and show back up soon.
Intro
I'm still around. I've been waiting to respond to this post, thinking I'd wait 'til I posted IC, but that keeps getting pushed back. I'm one of those people who works best with deadlines, and the fact that most people haven't done so yet slows me down a bit. But I will do my best to put something up tonight.
Mickle5125
Alright, for those of you who are still around, get your IC posts up by Saturday morning. They don't have to be massively long. I'm mostly concerned with your response to the Fixer's Call and what you do to get there. Anyone who doesn't will be considered AWOL and will be dropped from the game. *growls*

Also, post notification of you interest in continuing the game. If too many people aren't around anymore, I'll reopen recruitment to fill some slots.
Dumori
May I extend mine to monday as i'll be on holiday as of then. If not I may not reach it. but thats saturday morning for you.
Mickle5125
if you can, reserve a spot, post a brief outline of what you want to do, and fill it in by Monday latest. I'd like to know how and when you arrive, and any big things you plan on doing.

Sometime Saturday, the start of the meeting will be posted. Depending on who makes it to the meeting, I'll either add gmpcs (you don't really want that), or I'll open up space for some more recruits.
Intro
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Oct 23 2008, 11:55 AM) *
Alright, for those of you who are still around, get your IC posts up by Saturday morning. They don't have to be massively long. I'm mostly concerned with your response to the Fixer's Call and what you do to get there. Anyone who doesn't will be considered AWOL and will be dropped from the game. *growls*

See, that's all I needed - a little growling. It was just hard to find the motivation to finish up the post when no one else was posting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012