Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cybernet
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
cleggster

I noticed the gamne titled OGL Cybernet-Cyberpunk at Stiggybaby.

And yes I know what OGL means.

I was wondering if anybodu has seen this or looked though it. Don't have it at the store I work for. Would anybody say it worth a looksee?

Adam
I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. It's a Mongoose Publishing release, and they have previews and whatnot at their website. I'd wager a review will be cropping up on RPG.net or ENWorld shortly, if they haven't already...
Predator
I have it, and, it's a very "What are you looking for" book. It's barebones, just the rules needed, no Adventure ideas or anything like that.

There's obvious outside influences in it though, and, certain parts will absolutely SCREAM Shadowrun. But, it's goal is to be very grounded, old-school Cyberpunk. Whether it succeeds at that is up to opinion. But hey, there's even a short history of the term in the first 20 pages or so. (Too lazy to look.)

It leaves a lot of room for customization. Which you can take how you will. My own personal gripes were that I didn't feel as if they did enough with weaponry and could've refined the Cyberware system a bit (mostly their take on Cyber Arms/Legs), but I like to tinker, so i'll live.

All in all, I like it. Nothing rigid, and it leaves a lot open to the GM. If you're looking for something where you can quite literally open up the book and run straight from it, try something else. Could it have been affored some more time and detail? Yeah. But it got me thinking about games I could run using it and that's all i'm really asking for.

Probably an 83/100. Well treaded ground, doesn't do anything new, but has a few changes and quirks (like the removal of "Defense" entirely and replacing it with Damage Reduction) that make it interesting. I'd say, if you're already neck-deep in Shadowrun, and are working on a budget, pass. If you've got $35 to blow and are looking for something new and don't care about the system, give 'er a try.
Grey
linky?
Fortune
QUOTE (Grey)
linky?

Really, how hard can it be to find.

Cybernet

Google results
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012