Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Mage Spells and Why
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
pbangarth
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Nov 14 2008, 03:40 PM) *
So Sorcerers = Mystic Adepts? I thought sorcerer was just a flavour of magitian just like the hermetic, the miko, the shaman or the hougan/mambo (just to cite some flavours of magitian), where the heck are the rules for this fraggers?

In Street Magic, page 26, under Negative Qualities, Sorcerer is listed as a form of Aspected Magician. I'm not sure where the equation of Sorcerer to Mystic Adept comes from, as this Negative Quality can be applied to either Magicians or Mystic Adepts.

Peter
Fortune
So Sorcerers = Mystic Adepts?

Um, what?

Sorcerers are Magicians with the Aspected Magic negative Quality (spellcasting variant).
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 15 2008, 07:56 AM) *
Um, what?

Sorcerers are Magicians with the Aspected Magic negative Quality (spellcasting variant).

Frag, a character of mine is called a sorceress but is an unaspected magitian, I'll have to change the name.
However it makes sense, they have acces only to Sorcery.
Conjuration aspected magitian are called conjurers or summoners?
Fortune
It's just a label. There's no real reason to change any part of a character because of one particular use of the word. smile.gif

As to your question ...

Conjurer for those concerned with all things Summoning.

Sorcerer we already covered as a Sorcery-type person.

Enchanter is, no shock, a person who Enchants things.

Then we have those awakened that are attuned to the Astral, or those who are aspected to only one category of Spell and Spirit type.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012