Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do we get the NY missions?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
cryptoknight
They aren't available from www.battlecorps.com/catalog

I can't find them on commandohq.com

How do I request/purchase the missions?

I see an event advertised for SRM 03-04 Monkeywrench... so I'm guessing they're available somewhere.

Just curious.
DireRadiant
One thing from my understanding, is if you run Missions as a Commando for the public, you can get the NY Missions that way. And it's currently free if you do that. Since I have run most of the NY Missions at Origins and Gencon I have the material to run at my FLGS.

Beyond that there is really not much more that can be said other then what has been said in the past.
Aaron
I can't say anything for certain, but once things get sorted out, battlecorps.com is probably the place you'll be able to get them. I could say that they'll be available on Holostreets, but if I did I might jinx it.
Fortune
Hmmm ... So it's true. No more free Missions then?
cryptoknight
Who really knows?

I do know that I've put in request for support for the convention I run Table Top Gaming for...

We're seriously wanting to have SRM as well as LFR at the convention and are working to have both.

But I have my own home SRM game... and as much as I'd love to just get all of NYC... if the only way to get them all is to buy them... then so be it.

But whatever they're doing... they haven't made them available anywhere at all..

Which is frustrating.
BishopMcQ
Fortune-- SRM 03-00 Will be released for free, others will be available for download at a nominal cost. (Not yet announced) It will still be possible to get the Missions for free if you are willing to run them publically.
Fortune
I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. But thanks for the info anyway.
bofh
What is the right way to become a Commando? I went to the website, filled out the paperwork and mailed it in but it was returned as undeliverable.

Carl
Adam
Carl, drop me an email to adamjury@catalystgamelabs.com with an explanation of what you did, and I'll fwd it to the right people.
bofh
QUOTE (Adam @ Nov 6 2008, 11:16 PM) *
Carl, drop me an email to adamjury@catalystgamelabs.com with an explanation of what you did, and I'll fwd it to the right people.

Will do, thanks.

Carl
Zolhex
Well for what it worth (just to nit pick) people who run Missions are no longer called Commandos we are now Special Agents. From what I understand some people acted poorly as a Commando and Catalyst decided to move away from that name in order to remake? the image of the people it is backing as offical game demo people.

As to Missions all I know is that 03-00 is supposed to be free. While 00-01 to 00-?? are in theory going to cost 5 bucks or less to get unless your a member of the Catalyst Demo Team then you can get them for free. Although at this time even the Demo people are on stand by as John Dunn has stepped down from the directorship? of Missions.

Here's hopeing Missions gets back on track soon as I and others are running low on material.

Now I have to go to Florida Fall Fantasy and run the Missions I have.

Later
bofh
Thanks for the additional info. Almost 2 years ago when I got back into gaming, I was checking around and found the commandohq.com site. At least until July (and probably into August as well) the site responded and I was able to retrieve the documentation. So I'm guessing the demo team is a newer change. I don't have a problem with either one. I just see the occasional reference to "commando" here and I was able to actually post the question this time (see my .sig) smile.gif
BookWyrm
OK, I signed up on commandohq.com & I don't see them either.
Zolhex
BookWyrm as a note only Demo Team Members get new Missions from the Demo Team Members website.

At this time even that is at a bit of a stand still due to the current situation.

As for the possibile free Mission of 03-00 that I would think is something that will happen soon once Catalyst gets a feel for how well PDF only material sells and once I guess Adam gets it all layed out properly.

Mind you that's just from my interpetation of what's been said either here or in the monthly chat.
cryptoknight
Well hopefully that's soon. When Anime Central rolls around and the 15,000+ attendees show up and the Table Top Gaming rooms fill up...

I'd like to have something NY missions related to have my SRM GMs prepared. smile.gif
BookWyrm
Well, I'll just ahve to be patient then.
Zolhex
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Nov 10 2008, 11:15 AM) *
Well hopefully that's soon. When Anime Central rolls around and the 15,000+ attendees show up and the Table Top Gaming rooms fill up...

I'd like to have something NY missions related to have my SRM GMs prepared. smile.gif

I myself have megacon in Feb. average 5,000+ attendees alas I have no GM's to give missions to it's just me.
Cain
If NY Missions has only been run at Gencon, why not use the Denver stuff for now?

I've been running the Denver stuff for about a month now, for a new group, and I haven't had problems.
Zolhex
I can run the denver stuff but alas the people that show to the conventions I go to are asking for the NY Missions .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012