Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yucatan Treaty
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Malachi
Ghost Cartels made reference to a "Yucatan Treaty" between the rebels and Aztlan/Aztechnology as well as some other events. Last I saw in published products, this conflict hadn't been resolved. Did I miss something before Ghost Cartels?
MJBurrage
Maybe it's one of the things from the indefinitely on hold Shadows of Latin America e-book, that the writers mentioned will be revealed in other books.
FlakJacket
Yeah I think it's a SoLA holdover. From what I vaguely remember from that far back the first information we had on it was from the Fourth Edition main book, it might even have been from the map in the back of it. Also there's a reference in another sourcebook about the Azzies executing/sacrificing a dragon that was one of the rebel leaders IIRC.
Demonseed Elite
It is from Shadows of Latin America, but it has been mentioned in passing in some Fourth Edition products.
Hagga
The fact that PObre went toxic probably had something to do with it. Thoughts?
Snow_Fox
I think it got mentioned in SoNA as well.

the long and the short of it is that the Azzies so screwed up the Yucitan with chemical weapons, blood spirts and the responses from shamans that the place is just a hell hole not worth the grief. They let the natives have it and the natives don't screw with the few bases/ports along the coast. Which is what everyone wanted all alnog, pretty much and after years of suffering and needless cost, they're right back to where they started.
Ancient History
No'quite, Snowdonia Fox.
Jekolmy
While we are on dates, does anyone know the month and day the Night of Rage occurred?
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Nov 20 2008, 11:08 PM) *
No'quite, Snowdonia Fox.

well i'm pinting with broad strokes here. everyone else was debating where they might find the details. I htought i'd help more by putting some details down that he could use. Feel free to correct.
Fortune
The date of the Night of Rage was February 7th, 2039.
Jekolmy
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 20 2008, 10:24 PM) *
The date of the Night of Rage was February 7th, 2039.

Thank you. Now my players can hate me when the anniversary of that night comes around in game.
Fortune
'Tis what we're here for. wink.gif smile.gif
Grinder
Not for bitching and complaining?
Ancient History
That too, plus, and also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012