Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beans and Bullets (PLANNING THREAD)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
rob
Colonel Welseley invited us to his villa outside of Dar as Salaam for a couple weeks after the last operation. By us, I mean a couple of the other officers around the company. By ouside his villa, I mean a 400 something acre compound guarded by a couple hundred men and lord knows what else. We knew of his wealth, and were eager to enjoy the splendor. However, when he called us in after three days of wining, dining, and relaxing none of us were surprised.

"Well, gentlemen, ladies, I hope you have enjoyed yourselves. Lets get down to brass tacks. I recognized two things when I called you here - all of you have acquitted yourself quite well in past operations, and all of you were hired for this last operation on a temporary contract. Given that your employment with my other organization is now up, I want to offer you an opportunity."

"My profits from the Macao and Ndjamina operations have given me enough capital to spin off a subsidiary company. In between my funding and expected windfall from the initial stock issue, we have enough funds to spin off a limited liability armed contracting corporation, wholly independent. I would like to offer you fine officers the privelege of forming and leading this company. You will be rewarded well. I've maintained a 51% control of the voting stock, and 24% of the voting stock will be offered for sale, but the other 25% will be issued to the new leadership, giving you a permanent stake in the ownership and success of the new company. Additionally, the pension fund and the bonus fund are endowed significantly from the preferred stock issue."

"We have a time scale. Several of my old colleagues in the business have contracts that require a force geared for extended, agressive, and independent operations. They have read the profiles of the Macao and Ndjamina operations and believe that the same leadership can do well in these environments, but they require a different operational capacity than Executive Solutions offered. Bids for one of the higher profile operations open in three months."

"You have 50 million nuyen in capital on hand to raise this new company. We have no debt. We are in a better position than anyone else of this level in the business. After this operation, who knows how much we can do."

"My friend is reluctant to release all of the details of the operation before bidding begins. Because it is sensitive to his company, they will do a limited call for bids and we are positioned as the preferred bidder. He says he needs a general purpose line company, capable defeating a first world corporate force up to platoon in strength defending a prepared position. He needs organic support and sustainment capability for up to 2 months in the area of operation, extensible to 9 months with externally provided resupply and depot support. He needs the ability to control a sparsely populated region of up to 10,000 square kilometers in moderate terrain. Because the operation is sensitive, he needs a company with capable officers and a good security program, and he needs soldiers with judgment and discretion."

"That's why we're preferred."
rob
This adventure puts the player characters as the leadership of a mercernary company planning a force to conduct an extended operation in the near future. The player characters will form, train, equip, and lead a company of anywhere between 50 and 300 men and assorted support and other equipment on a limited scope military-objective mission.

This is the planning thread, based off an initial discussion in Welcome to the Shadows.
The in-character and out of character threads will start in 3 months game time, when the bid process begins and the company begins to form and load out.

This thread is psuedo-in-character. The decisions made here will be made by the PCs, but in an environment separate from the adventure itself. Don't harp on the details or IC intrigue, because there's a lot of detailed planning to get done. At this stage, the only GM interaction with the players and the game world will be in the person of Colonel Welsely and his staff, who are immediately available to offer guidance and information.

New players may post in or PM me. We have positions available for the company leadership, opposing force (OPFOR), and additional GM staff.
rob
Reserved for GM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012