fistandantilus4.0
Locations

Stanton Hall
[ Spoiler ]

O'Malleys
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Notes

The remaining team has been offered a job to find a missing english lord. Along with them is a skilled hacker with experience in the area. The missing man is Lord Abner Stanton, a reclusive scholar and paranimal enthusiast. Their employer is his nephew Kalub, who hired them through an intermediary that uses a leperchaun icon.

The pay is 60K. plus 40% if they can find their man within the first week, minus 15% each week. Also included is the shipment of some small goods, an out of the way safe house, and throw away IDs that allow them to cover weapons, but will liekly only hold up to a couple of scans.

One team, a group of locals, already attempted it, but were stopped short of entering Stanton Hall, because of the "warm greetings" of the Lord's hell hounds.
Initial Meet
Initial Pay Offer
First Details on Stantons
Kalub Stanton's details on the Estate, Stanton Hall
Jack lays out more info
Details from Previous Team
fistandantilus4.0
Miscellaneous

31AUG09 - Karma Awards
RJ
[ Spoiler ]

rob
[ Spoiler ]

Mickle
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Nix Character Sheet
----------------------

Here are the rolls for summoning and binding with the materials he bought, prior to the run starting. Wish I could have reversed those rolls!!

----------------------

Summon F6 Spirit of Man [Fear, Innate Spell: Heal] [5,3,1,5,2,4,1,3,4,2,2] = 2 hits
Spirit Resists [2,5,6,2,6,4] = 3 hits
Summon failed
Resist DV6 Drain [5,1,5,4,2,1,3,4,5,4] = 3hits; Take 3 boxes stun

----------------------

Rest two hours. Try again.

Summon F6 Spirit of Man [Fear, Innate Spell: Heal] [2,6,4,3,3,4,3,1,6,6,5] = 4 hits
Spirit Resists [4,5,1,3,1,2] = 1 hit
Spirit Summoned; 3 services owed; Buy off DV2 drain.

Binding Test.
Binding Test w/edge [3,1,2,2,4,4,4,[6, 1],2,1,[6, 5],2,4,2] = 3 hits
Spirit resits [1,1,5,4,2,1,3,3,5,4,2,3] = 2
Spirit bound; 3 services owed
Resist DV4 drain [6,6,2,3,6,4,3,3,3,4] = 3hits; take 1 box stun

----------------------

Summon F4 Air Elemental [Guard] [4,1,4,5,4,2,1,5,4] = 2 hits
Spirit Resists [3,4,6,6] = 2 hits
Summoning fails; Resist DV4 drain
Resist Drain [1,6,2,6,5,2,3,4,6,2] = 4 hits; No Drain

Summon F4 Air Elemental [Guard] [5,4,3,2,5,6,5,5,3] = 5 hits
Spirit Resists [2,3,2,6] = 1 hit
Summoned with 4 services owed.

Binding Test.
Binding w/edge [[6, 6, 4],3,[6, 2],[6, 6, 3],[6, 4],5,3,4,5,3,1,2,1,5,3,1] = 9 hits
Spirit Resists [4,5,4,3,5,2,4,1] = 2 hits
7 success; Summoned + 6 net = 10 services owed
Resist DV4 Drain
Buy two hits, take two boxes stun. Rest and recover.

Starting 2 edge spent.
Mickle5125
*follows the common trend.*

Reserved for Dingo

Brennan "Dingo" Bard
ravensoracle
Reserved for Alex

Edit: Sorry thought I'd play along. grinbig.gif

Alex "Gumshoe" Colt
fistandantilus4.0
RJ - 1 CSP for such a thorough summoning. Basically, for saving me from making so many rolls. biggrin.gif
Mickle5125
so is everyone supposed to make their intro posts, or is it just for nix and caliph until Fisty brings the rest o' us into the game?
Redjack
Nix in Meditation
rob
Iskander "Caliph" Colorado

Character Sheet

Rolls for new gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Purchases and Changes (ripped off from last page of BoTP):
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Mickle, Ravens, you will both be introd soon.
Redjack
QUOTE (Fisty@IC)
Good Evening Caliph, I am Mr Johnson. I have an interest in acquiring your services and that of your companion Nyx. The request for employment would bring you to Europe, in investigation of a missing person. If you have an interest, please rendezvous with me this evening at 1900
What time is it now? The caller said "good evening" and meet "this evening". How far out is Caliph? Gonna post up with some assumptions that its lunch time...
fistandantilus4.0
Your assumption would be close. It's actually the morning. My bad for not posting it.

Sorry guys, holidays have been, well, holiday-ish. But things are going well. Very well. Just busy with kids.

Rave, Mick, I haven't forgotten you guys. I just knew that rob and RJ would have a lot to say, so I'm giving them a little room to stretch, as it were, so that intermixed posts don't get too mixed up. smile.gif
Mickle5125
no problems, comrade. Gives me time to flesh out Brennan a bit.
rob
Caliph's purchases over availability 12 have been rolled for. Fisty, soon as you give it the nod i'll change the character sheet.
Redjack
QUOTE (rob @ Dec 27 2008, 03:46 PM) *
He's running some dumbed down encryption

I'm confused. I have Encryption R6. Caliph's sheet shows encryption R3 and no purchased upgrades?
rob
MMmmm. Purchased hardware. Haven't purchased an upgrade to the software. Don't intend to, neither, until he can get it hacked.

Intent of that post was based on the fact that his link can pretty much handle any software you throw at it, and I don't know if you need higher rating encryption to read higher rating encrypted messages.

Edited, to take out that text.
Redjack
QUOTE (BBB @ pg226)
Encrypt (Electronic Warfare)
Encrypt programs utilize various cryptographic schemes and ciphers to secure files, access nodes and communications between nodes.
No, you need the encrypt program. Even if you didn't need it to read it, you would still need to encrypt any responses. wink.gif

And to run a higher encrypt, you must first raise your system as well.
QUOTE (BBB @ pg225)
Remember that a device cannot run a program at its full effective rating above its System rating ( A rating 5 program run on a System 3 device operates as if it were a Rating 3).
rob
C'est la vie (nods with correction). Caliph didn't buy any programs, out of efficiencies in money. We'll get to that soon enough.
Redjack
Yea. I ran out of money WAY too soon as well.... I had to pass up a car for the upgraded comlink... and despite the karma.. I won't even talk about how fast that went. wink.gif
rob
Word. I wanted to go for more stuff on the truck and some additional cyber/bioware. Maybe some spare, portable guns for fire support. Not so much.
Redjack
Hey!! Did we mention there is a 20k nuyen.gif to join the team? We need to make sure to collect that from the new guys. wink.gif

BTW: Happy New Year everyone!

Fisty - I can't understand you wanting to spend all that time with the kids... You act like you've been away from home for months!!

Redjack
I had not realized Caliph was an ork until I saw his character sheet. embarrassed.gif

* HERE * is a render of them sitting in the cafe discussing the next steps.
Mickle5125
erm... due to some... issues... that have been brought to my attention about my charsheet, I need to go back and alter a few things. is that a problem for anyone?
ravensoracle
QUOTE (Redjack @ Dec 30 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Hey!! Did we mention there is a 20k nuyen.gif to join the team? We need to make sure to collect that from the new guys. wink.gif

Well Damn it,

Guess I got to do a couple of runs just to start running.
fistandantilus4.0
You have no idea how frustrated I am right now I've been trying to post since some time this morning, and everytime, something has gone wrong. I just got my post up and it DIED>. Hate. Much hate. Lost a big post, and my hate is now strong. SO what ends up sooner or later getting up there is goign to be relativel short, becase I'm just AGH at this point.
Redjack
Well that just stinks.

On another note, I was pursuing the Jack Richard's angle to give an opening for Gumshoe via a trusted source... Though having him added by the Johnson will definitely add some role-playing potential as these two highly paranoid, high-strung runners try to figure out if he is on the level. wink.gif
ravensoracle
Either way works just fine for me. Especially since Gumshoe is just as paranoid.
Mickle5125
... this is going to be awesome. 3 super paranoid types and an irishman.
ravensoracle
Just one quick question fist, Is the meet physical or Matrix. You didn't say in the post a where, just a when.

Edit: Scratch that it was late and I got too excited about being in the game to comprehend what I read. My bad.
Mickle5125
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Dec 30 2008, 05:22 PM) *
erm... due to some... issues... that have been brought to my attention about my charsheet, I need to go back and alter a few things. is that a problem for anyone?

Just bumping this in case it got missed.

In addition, I have found the following list of rules for post formatting in the Blood of the People OOC. Is it still the one being used?

Speech text is in salmon
Inner monologue is in aquamarine
Telepathic or any other sort of mental communication, such as with spirits, is aqua
text, such as commlink text messages is in red
dice rolls or game actions are in gold
The occasional hand written missive is in purple
fistandantilus4.0
yes hta'ts the corrct posting format. Ill go back over the PM you sent me Mickle. Edits to new character sheets are not a problem, as long as we're not far into the game. Obviously that doesn't go for Rob and RJ since they are existing characters though.
Mickle5125
sounds good
Redjack
I thought we had agree in a conversation some time earlier that red looks like absolute, painful crap on this back ground?
Redjack
I'm ok with a bump to the meet. I assume Nix and Caliph would be in Caliph's van and being ferried around by the autopilot during.
Mickle5125
I'm ok with it, too... pending, of course, the ok on the gear list I sent fisty.
rob
I'm cool with bump to the meet.
fistandantilus4.0
I PMd Mickle about the gear. I'll throw us ahead to the meet, jacking from Spider's.
Mickle5125
just posting to let everyone know that I'm still lurking... Just don't have much Dingo needs to do right now, so he'll be putzing about his apartment burning time.
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry guys, I've got a busy life right now, and computer problems on top of it. The cable connection isn't charging the battery, so the laptop is dead half the time. I'm afraid my inconsitency is going to be fairly consistent for a while. I don't want to drop this game though, so I'm going try and give it what time I can. I appreciate you guys sticking with me and haing patience My games don't usually get lagged like this. I'm going to cut back to just this one for a while.
Redjack
We appear to have lost ravensoracle. I am ok with advancing the game after a week; That should keep it from dying.
Mickle5125
I don't mind either.
rob
Cool with me.
Mickle5125
pmed fisty with this question, but he's being rather erratic about contact these days, so in order to save time, I'll extend the question to everyone.

How do you highlight things on Dumpshock?
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry guys I'm still having computer problems. I haven't dissapeared, I just can't get reliable access right now.
Mickle5125
not a problem, chief. We'll just wait... and plot... and practice our evil laughs
rob
Standing fast.
Redjack
What they said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012