Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legacy - OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Mickle5125
QUOTE (Redjack @ Dec 28 2010, 05:12 PM) *
I figured a little post for flavor on Nix' paranoia level would make for a good start. Given the thumbs up from Caliph, she will get a much better greeting than poor Dingo got from the duo.

ah, but that was fun. We should paranoia her to near-death anyway!

Fisty:
would scanning be footage be an analyze/computer roll, a perception/intuition roll, or something else?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Dec 29 2010, 12:41 AM) *
As I said to Fisty over in T-Town, one paranoic per game is about right smile.gif

Yup. smile.gif

Mickle - scanning what your drone would see (if I'm reading you right) would be Perception.
Mickle5125
Meant doing what Nix asked of Dingo, so yes, you read that right.

Wasn't sure how many rolls you'd want for me to look very closely, so I rolled 5 times

Perception (visual) + Intuition =
[5,6,3,6,1,2,3,2,3,6,5] = (5)
[2,4,1,6,6,2,3,5,2,4,3] = (3)
[2,3,2,3,3,2,3,4,3,6,2] = (1)
[3,4,4,4,4,2,3,3,2,5,3] = (1)
[4,5,6,4,6,2,4,5,2,6,2] = (5)
Mickle5125
is that etiquette+charisma+connection, or just etiquette+connection?
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry, a bit of shorthand. It's a fair assumption that when I list a skill, add in the attribute it ties to in the roll, unless told otherwise.
Mickle5125
I forget: did our team get any money up front? If so, was it divided up evenly, or tossed into a mission budget?
Redjack
Sixty thousand in nuyen for each of you. 40% incentive pack, if we find him in the first week. The bonus goes down 15% each week. Half up front.

- A safe place to doff your cap I can arrange, although there will be cost. You'll get a good rate though, no doubt.
- Flight it's self, something more on the discretion side, less on the comfort, flight it's self would be around 6-700.
- IDs: You'll either want a one shot burner, which would be around 3K each,
- IDs: something that can hold up better, which could be twice that or more with any amount of ware or hardware being authorized.

Seems we need a firm cost on the safe house. I think we each bought a flight and a burner SIN. Not aware of any other expenses to date.

Mickle5125
so...

nuyen.gif 30,000
------------
nuyen.gif 26,400
- safehouse costs
------------
???

Goody goody...

Oh. &%$@.
Facial Recognition software roll: [1,3,5,1,1] = (1)

Well. That's annoying...
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack @ Dec 29 2010, 11:32 PM) *
Seems we need a firm cost on the safe house. I think we each bought a flight and a burner SIN. Not aware of any other expenses to date.

I'll dig back to the discussion with the wannabe leperchaun and find that for you ... when I don't have children running around the house in circles pretending they're Wolverine. D
Mickle5125
Sounds like you're having some fun, Fisty.
fistandantilus4.0
Hey RJ, remember it's salmon for speech. smile.gif Wrong game.
Redjack
That's right.. We still haven't got you converted to the standard...
fistandantilus4.0
You mean I still haven't converted the standard. wink.gif

Going through right now and adding reference notes to the OOC. I'm going to tag the initial meet post, some of the details posts, and the secondary sit down there in London in the OOC section to make it easier to reference back to.
fistandantilus4.0
OK, notes are updated. Little bit of catch up on information:
Safe house price was covered at the initial negotiation with Jack thanks to Nix's negotiation skills.
Team has the option for two "dragonfly" recon drones. Longer range fly spy drones. Improved Economy option added, as well as a stronger flight system for better range/control. Treat as flyspy with +10% cost. Two are available from Jack.

Waiting to hear back from Jack on the round that took Unnamed Ork's arm, after he and his team got hit.

Anything else? Sorry it took me a little while but I believe we're caught up on notes.

BTW - 5 Christmas/New Years Karma for everyone.
Redjack
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Jan 3 2011, 11:17 AM) *
OK, notes are updated. Little bit of catch up on information:
Safe house price was covered at the initial negotiation with Jack thanks to Nix's negotiation skills.
I'll refer back. Thanks!

Team has the option for two "dragonfly" recon drones. Longer range fly spy drones. Improved Economy option added, as well as a stronger flight system for better range/control. Treat as flyspy with +10% cost. Two are available from Jack.
Dragonfly is actually in Arsenal.

Waiting to hear back from Jack on the round that took Unnamed Ork's arm, after he and his team got hit.
Anxiously waiting. wink.gif

BTW - 5 Christmas/New Years Karma for everyone.
Thanks!!
Mickle5125
thanks for the karma! On a semi-related note, Fisty, did you get my PM?
Zyerne
Fisty has the specs on her commlink so I'll leave that one for him to answer.
Mickle5125
I figured that would be the plan.

Things I remember waiting for:

results from hacking the estate
results from the botch on facial recog. software
results from analyzing Alice's comlink
Redjack
Yea, just playing up the paranoid aspect a bit. Don't want to get bogged down with it though.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Redjack @ Jan 3 2011, 02:27 PM) *
Dragonfly is actually in Arsenal.

Awesome. Thought it sounded vaguley familiar but couldn't find it. RJ - 1 karma

QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jan 3 2011, 05:42 PM) *
thanks for the karma! On a semi-related note, Fisty, did you get my PM?

That depends, was it the one about your character sheet.

QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jan 5 2011, 06:45 PM) *
Things I remember waiting for:

results from hacking the estate
results from the botch on facial recog. software
results from analyzing Alice's comlink

Hacking the Stanton Estate - you're doing a long hack so it's going to take a few hours (more than 4). BTW< what level of access were you going for?
Facial Recog - Your comm seems to have hit a bug. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the software. Probably how your custom built gear interacts with software expecting a little more main streamed system.
Analyze - Total GM Fail here. Zyerne, out of the PMs I recently cleared out of my Inbox, your sheet seems to have managed to be one of them. Please shoot me another PM on it. Also, give Dingo rating for System, Firewall, and IC (3 hits on Matrix perception/Analyze).
Zyerne
I guess I should save a copy somewhere other than my outbox then smile.gif On it's way.
Mickle5125
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Jan 6 2011, 05:27 PM) *
That depends, was it the one about your character sheet.

yes, it was.

Hacking the Stanton Estate - you're doing a long hack so it's going to take a few hours (more than 4). BTW< what level of access were you going for?

I was going for admin. I think I posted that with the hack, but I may have forgotten. If so, my apologies.

Facial Recog - Your comm seems to have hit a bug. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the software. Probably how your custom built gear interacts with software expecting a little more main streamed system.
Analyze - Total GM Fail here. Zyerne, out of the PMs I recently cleared out of my Inbox, your sheet seems to have managed to be one of them. Please shoot me another PM on it. Also, give Dingo rating for System, Firewall, and IC (3 hits on Matrix perception/Analyze).

I was just listing those things so that I wouldn't forget what I was doing. Sorry if it seemed like I was rushing you.
Zyerne
That commlink is maybe a week old, Alice wasn't kidding when she said she had to dump her old ones.
Mickle5125
I know. Dingo's the sort to not be happy with anything right out of the box. Including himself.
fistandantilus4.0
Waiting on RJ at the moment. I know you said you'd be busy, so no worries. Just bumping.
Redjack
Ok. Posted in. By grabbing the hat, I assume Alice was getting ready to leave. Nix being the uber paranoid with as many teammates have bit the bullet and a few crazies trying to kill him... he just rides the bleeding edge of paranoia.
Zyerne
She was. She's now debating whether to leave or shoot the messenger.
Mickle5125
how is it that every new character intro leads up to the edge of pvp combat?
Redjack
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 11 2011, 05:27 PM) *
She was. She's now debating whether to leave or shoot the messenger.
Well, she needs to kill him with the first shot.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jan 11 2011, 06:31 PM) *
how is it that every new character intro leads up to the edge of pvp combat?

The word is "posturing" I believe.
Zyerne
Alternatively, OOC is the place to post things that would make things a little awkard IC. Alice is highly unlikely to shoot anyone in the middle of a diner. She was however on the verge of leaving.
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah I can see where each is coming from, and why each might be slow to trust. Nix has earned paranoia, and Alice feels jerked around, with little reason to stay besides the inconvenience of being across the ocean from home. She doesn't want a wasted trip with no pay out, he doesn't want to get back stabbed or left high and dry. At least it's interesting to watch play out. smile.gif
Redjack
Nix really wouldn't know how to handle a pro-bono run, the exit of the 'flunky' is his bluff... Not sure what he'll do if she really doesn't want paid..?
Zyerne
She wants paid, she just hasn't been offered any money yet.

As with everything else, she was expecting to handle that with Nix.
fistandantilus4.0
I realize ( a little belatedly) that I wasn't really clear on this point, but Caliph was giving up his share (or remaining percentage of) to Alice for the job.
Zyerne
Seems to me then the best way to handle it is that never got communicated to Alice but Nix thought it had been?
Mickle5125
still here, in case anyone thought I'd disappeared again.
Redjack
QUOTE (Zyerne @ Jan 19 2011, 12:49 AM) *
Seems to me then the best way to handle it is that never got communicated to Alice but Nix thought it had been?
Actually yea. That would play right into the current conversation. I'm good with that if you want to roll forward. I like to emphasize the paranoid, but I think we need to find a way to wrap up this conflict and move forward with the game. biggrin.gif
Redjack
This is quickly becoming an impasse. A paranoid like Nix doesn't take well to ultimatums.

EDIT: That being, if I reply as Nix would, this would end the encounter. We need to work out a compromise OOC.
Zyerne
And Alice much prefers people who play straight with her...

What does Nix need to take this to the next step?

Redjack
Let's first agree on her position to insure that I am acting appropriately.

Alice was contacted by Caliph about a contract that he was not going to be able to fulfill. She was given the contact of Nix. She was not given details about his role as either team member or Johnson.
[ As this was presented loosely by Fisty, I assumed that little information was passed to either Alice or Nix. ]
Nix was given a contact name, Alice was given a contact name. He was not given details other that Caliph recommended her and had worked with her in the past.

Agreed so far?
Zyerne
Almost. There's one difference I'm sure on and one that's a maybe.

(There's a slight spoiler on Alice's background here)

Alice was given Nix's details by the Anarchist Black Cross. They owed the people that pulled Caliph off the mission a favor. Alice owed them one. Alice and Caliph had history so she was an acceptable choice.

She was given Nix's contact details. I have been operating under the impression that she knew Caliph and Nix were teammates but without going back through the PMs with Fisty, which I might not still have, can't say that for certain.
Redjack
So, Black Cross gave her the connection. She knew Caliph's team was involved, but at this point she's still not been provided payment details, nor mission details, nor any command structure details?
Zyerne
I believe she has mission details but not payment or command structure, other than "talk to Nix". Payment was admittedly an oversight on Fisty's part.

Edit: She was also of the belief she already had the job.
fistandantilus4.0
Sorry for being quite/unhelpful guys. Got pulled out for a field exercise, so this last week has been pretty crammed with work. They haven't been very forthcoming on our schedule either, so I literally have had no idea what was going on from day to day or hour to hour. It's been nuts.

I would still be out for another day (and an extra day they decided to tag on once we were out there) but my wife's gotten very sick with pneumonia, as well as one of our boys (although with something less severe). So again, it's been nuts. Sometime in the next two weeks I'll likely get pulled for another week or so. Sorry I don't have any better details, I just don't have any details to give. It's been an extremely frsutrating couple of weeks.

Anyway, you're right in that not a lot of details were communicated to the remaining parties involved. Most of the interchange for the switch would have gone through Caliph, but I admittedly dropped the ball. Mainly I'd forgotten just how paranoid Nix could be. biggrin.gif
Redjack
Ok, perhaps that can get us back on track.
Zyerne
Re the last sentence of your IC post - should there have been a sense motive or assensing roll in there?
Redjack
Thanks. I will use both methods.

Judge Intentions: Int(5) + Chr(5) + Sustaining(-2) [3,1,4,5,5,6,4,4] = 3 hits
Assensing: Int(5) + Assensing(3) + Aura Reading(2) + Sustaining(-2) [5,5,5,4,1,5,1,1] = 4 hits
• The general state of the subject’s health (healthy, injured, ill, etc.).
• The subject’s general emotional state or impression (happy, sad, angry).
• Whether the subject is mundane or Awakened.
• The presence and location of cyberware implants.
• The class of a magical subject (fire elemental, manipulation spell, power focus, and so on).
• If you have seen the subject’s aura before, you may recognize it, regardless of physical disguises or alterations.
• The presence and location of alphaware cyber-implants.
• Whether the subject’s Essence and Magic are higher, lower, or equal to your own.
• Whether the subject’s Force is higher, lower, or equal to your Magic.
• A general diagnosis for any maladies (diseases or toxins) the subject suffers.
• Any astral signatures present on the subject.
• The presence and location of bioware implants and betaware cyberimplants.
• The exact Essence, Magic, and Force of the subject.
•The general cause of any astral signature (combat spell, hearth spirit, and so on).

WOW! Invisible Castle loves me again.
Zyerne
Shame it's on a fellow PC really smile.gif

I'll get something up in a bit
Redjack
Yea. It'll really suck when I crit glitch on the bad guys. Let's try to wrap this up quickly. I'd like to move on to the mansion. Let's say she just give me the low down on her skills and maybe an example or two of experience. I will them hand wave Nix being satisfied and he'll do the change out and off we'll go. Sound good?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012