Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking Boston Area Gamers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Kagetenshi
Looking to potentially get together a group in the Boston area, place and time to be determined when we get a group. I'm willing to GM if necessary, though like so many of us I'd prefer to play. Anyone interested drop a post or PM and I'll get back to you.

~J
Kagetenshi
Bump the first.

~J
tisoz
What happened to Rose Hulman? Any plans to return?
Kagetenshi
Sadly, no. I wasn't able to take the pace of an engineering school at this point in my life. I may return, but if so that's at least a year off.

~J
meagtron
looking to join in shadow campaign, i have two year of exp playing once a week.
played dungens and dragons for five years. in ongoing campaign however
one of the players have moved and it seams that the game will disolve soon.
me and the gm team up by having the gm manage the plot and i make and paint
the sets. he also has all the shadowrun minatures all painted. the gm i am playing
with has five years exp with running shadowrun games. we need some new players or we would like to join on going campaign in the boston area.
i live in hull and the gm lives in weymouth.
thanks for reading, tim
Kagetenshi
We might be able to get something together. Drop me an email at my username @kanshishakage.net and I'll try to get ahold of the other potentials.

~J
Syndicate
I am the GM/player mentioned earlier by my friend Tim.
I am willing to shuffle the GM responsibilities on an adventure basis...i.e. maybe switch GMs every few months or so. I've been playing SR since the second edition came out, I believe in 1994 or so. Have run many times, and GMd for last few years.
I'm looking for a group of versatile players that can shift the responsibility of GMing so everyone can have a fun and enjoyable gaming session. Get in touch with me as to who you have available and when might be a good time to get in touch (on phone, email, whatever).
email: syndicate88@comcast.net
live in weymouth (but will eagerly drive to play)

bron
Syndicate
Also, I should note that I am a 25-yr old male. Would like mature game, with little tolerance for whiny or immature players.
Kagetenshi
I'm a 19-year-old male, but I don't suffer fools well. It's unlikely that anyone I recommend will fall under the whiny or immature category.

I'll start trying to pull people together after my final tomorrow.

~J
Kagetenshi
We're looking for one more person willing to play a mage/shaman/[insert spellslinger here]. Anyone interested in stepping up to the plate?

~J
GlassJaw
Where and when do you guys meet? I'd love to but down in RI. I'm semi-willing to travel a moderate distance.
Kagetenshi
We meet in Hull on Saturdays, ~5:00 PM until we finish, which varies between 11:00 PM and 4:00 AM (typically more in the 11:30-1:30 range). Expedia claims the distance between Providence and Hull at ~56 miles, so it'd be a bit of a hike for you.

~J
kryton
Hey Kage,
Sorry I didn't get back to you on the campaign I was running. It died out due to conflicts in scheduling. So it's pretty much fluttered out of exsistence. If you want to come up to Boston, Northend We reun games Thursday nights. I remember I was suppose to send you a message and it slipped my mind in the chaos that followed getting married and buying a condo...

Actually Kage or anyone the Commando's need a rep for the South shore/ Cape / RI. Anyone who is interested message me. You have to be 18+ but it sounds like you folks might be interested?
Take care,
BG
GlassJaw
Expedia claims the distance between Providence and Hull at ~56 miles, so it'd be a bit of a hike for you

Yeah, definitely a bit farther than I want to travel. Too bad, I would love to play a caster.

Anyone closer to RI?
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (kryton @ Sep 21 2004, 06:26 PM)
Hey Kage,
        Sorry I didn't get back to you on the campaign I was running. It died out due to conflicts in scheduling. So it's pretty much fluttered out of exsistence. If you want to come up to Boston, Northend We reun games Thursday nights. I remember I was suppose to send you a message and it slipped my mind in the chaos that followed getting married and buying a condo...

No worries, perfectly understandable. I run SotSW on Thursdays, but if I've got an evening free I might drop by.

Congratulations, by the by.

~J
kryton
This is an open inventation to anyone in the Boston Area, South NH, or RI. If you know of a store that you like. I'd be interested in running the Shadowrun campaign at www.shadowrunrpg.com . I'd need at least 3 to 4 folks but you provide a store you like and I'll drive down to run a campaign for you. message me if your interested.
GlassJaw
I've inquired at Tactics Games in East Providence about running SR and got a positive response. I just didn't have the time or resources to get it going. I'm also kind of new to SR so I didn't have the most confidence in running a game.

They also have a Yahoo group that's checked pretty regularly by the people who organize the games. It's mostly Warhammer stuff but they have a few RPG's going too. Anyway, if you ran a game there, I would definitely try to play.

Here's the group link:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/RHODETRADERS/

Tactics Games:

505 Waterman Ave
East Providence, RI 02914
(401) 435-6666
Lindt
Id get in on this, really I would, being that I work on the Ma side of the Ma-Ri boarder. Sadly, school 3 nights a week and the 20 hours of homework that goes with Studio work, eats my time. Have fun, shoot things, and dont forget to reload.
Kagetenshi
Still looking for one more.

By the by, Kryton, if you're still up for it we might take you up on that offer soonish.

~J
kryton
Yeah I'm still available. Anytime. If you can find two or three others or I can try recruiting through a store. I'm still available.
Kagetenshi
We've got five smile.gif

We'll get back in touch with you after we get a chance to discuss it, probably next Saturday.

~J
Kagetenshi
Well, I completely dropped the ball on that one.

However, the game that this thread originally spawned is still going strong, and we're still looking for a good spellslinger in the area. Any signs of life?

~J
kryton
When do ya'll play ussually?
Kagetenshi
We play Saturday evenings weekly, ~6:00 PM until we wrap up (typically midnightish to 1:00 PM).

~J
pragma
I'm in the Boston area and would be interested in participating, especially if you are still playing come summer (school can get a bit busy from time to time).

I traditionally play tech heads but am willing to branch out if a mage is still required (actually looking forward to the idea really, my group back home is a walking background count most of the time).
Cynic project
Well, this not wholely on topic, and I know how much I am loved, but what book have the best info on the Boston Area in shadowrun?
Kagetenshi
Pragma: terribly sorry for the delay, we are indeed still going to be playing come Summer and are still in need of a mage if you're up for playing one. My email address is my username at kanshishakage.net; drop me an email and we'll set something up.

Cynic Project: Target: UCAS seems to be the best bet. I'll see if I can dig out some books and hunt around.

~J
Kagetenshi
It's that time of the year again, and we're losing some players to college. If anyone's interested in joining our group give me a shout and I'll give you more information. Our campaign's about to wrap up and we'd be starting mostly afresh after that, so any character type is welcome.

~J
Kagetenshi
Currently looking for new blood for a summer-long campaign. SR3 rules with some SR3R additions, location TBD. Any takers?

~J
Jame J
I'm interested, but I have only 4th Edition rules.
Kagetenshi
No problem, we'll just schedule a break-in session where you can get familiar with the 3rd edition rules and world and decide whether or not they're for you.

I'll send you an email through the board when we've got a time. What part of the greater Boston area or environs are you in?

~J
Jame J
Lynn, and restricted to the T.

Have you ever heard of the Hobby Bunker in Malden?
Kagetenshi
I have, was there just the other day. It's somewhat out of my usual range, though.

More when doom stops raining from the skies.

~J
Jame J
Rain seems to have stopped. This is Massachusetts, though.

If the Bunker's out of your way, then I'm open to suggestions.
Lindt
Aye, Im way in from the west (Hopkington), but hey, its ether that or run D&D for my little sisters friends.

Consider putting me in the loop.

Oh, and wait till tommorow (yay 60% chance of showers.)
Kagetenshi
Here's where things stand:

Locations: I am due South of the city (Milton area), we have a player in the Cambridge area, a player in the Wellesley area, a possible player in the Weymouth area. We prefer to avoid using gaming stores as meeting locations. There are a few possibilities here that could be investigated. However, the larger issue is:

Time: one of us has a floating work schedule, to the point that he doesn't know what days he'll be free in a week until the Saturday before. He cannot rely on having weekends open, and indeed can usually rely on not having at least one weekend day. The only way I can see to address this is to use a floating schedule. The question, then, would be if a floating schedule is acceptable to you and if so, what sorts of timeslots would work.

Once we have those parameters, we'll know more about how to address locations.

~J
Jame J
At the moment I can do any time, and although I would prefer weekends, I can do anything at about noon or later. Locationwise, I'd prefer Boston or points North, but as long as it's on the T (except for the Purple Line) it's cool. smokin.gif

Oh, I can't do it this weekend; I'll be on vacation.
Phaedrus774
Though I haven't played SR for quite some time, I recently picked up the 4th edition rules, and I'd love to get back into it. Are there any groups in the Boston area looking for another player, or perhaps some folks out there looking to put a group together? Wherever we play would need to be T accessible for me, but beyond that, I'm flexible.

If interested, either reply here or drop me a line at: jthomson774@verizon.net. Thanks!
Kagetenshi
I'm neither in the Boston area (college and misc. Summer activities, it's still my permanent residence) nor interested in playing SR4, but good luck with your search.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012