Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character critique: Norse ally spirit
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
vollmond
Just want to make sure I have a good hold on these rules, before I go sinking this much Karma in one place smile.gif

[ Spoiler ]

Have I missed anything an ally really should have?
JoelHalpern
I don't know that it falls into "really should have", or whether it is appropriate to a Norse tradition, but I am very partial to the movement and concealment powers.

Yours,
Joel
BookWyrm
Interesting though.

[ Spoiler ]

Don't mind me, I'm nit-picking.
vollmond
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jan 1 2009, 03:15 PM) *
the Saint Bernard 'dragon' needs a bit more description

I should have been more descriptive. Specifically, I like the artwork on pg 103 of Street Magic, but bigger (say, the size of a Saint Bernard)

QUOTE (JoelHalpern)
I am very partial to the movement and concealment powers.

I was seriously considering Concealment. Torn on whether it's worth the 5 Karma to me, though..

EDIT: spelling
Ryu
Magical Guard would be nice (Guardian). Make that 8 karma, or force 5.
vollmond
QUOTE (Ryu @ Jan 1 2009, 03:50 PM) *
Make that 8 karma, or force 5.

Good point.

QUOTE (Ryu @ Jan 1 2009, 03:50 PM) *
Magical Guard would be nice (Guardian).

She would still need the Counterspelling skill, though. 5 Karma on top of the power. I'm surprised it's that expensive when a bound spirit can already put that many dice into aiding my own Counterspelling. Guess the power would allow her to do it when away from me though. I'm being persuaded with that thinking now... my team's vampire is guardian of a young girl who tends to be a target when out getting ice cream. *sigh*
BookWyrm
Vollmond, the image you mention is on p.104 (at least in my printing), but that's OK, I got the reference.

Hmmm, yes, I could see that. No forearms (like in the illustration) or with?
vollmond
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jan 1 2009, 11:36 PM) *
Vollmond, the image you mention is on p.104 (at least in my printing), but that's OK, I got the reference.

Oops, yes, pg 104

QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jan 1 2009, 11:36 PM) *
Hmmm, yes, I could see that. No forearms (like in the illustration) or with?

Ugh I sat here and reread your note and looked at the picture in Street Magic for at least 10 minutes, wondering "why would a dragon have firearms???" and then my brain fixed itself and I actually read what you wrote biggrin.gif

To be honest, I hadn't noticed the one in the picture lacked them, until you mentioned it. Thinking more now, I think I do like they way that one is portrayed, so I'll go with no forearms.

And flaming, of course smile.gif
toturi
What powers you want to give your Ally is actually dependent on your PC. If the PC already has a lot of Counterspelling dice, you might want to look at Guard(no glitch), Movement or Concealment(if you do not have a lot of Infiltration/Disguise dice).

Personally the top 3 powers I would assign an Ally Spirit are:

1) Guard, saves those Edge for the times you really need it and not just you, your buddies can benefit too.

2) Concealment, frankly stacking more dice into the Stealth skill group will get you diminishing returns, why not just remove dice from the other guy's dice pools?

3) Movement, this is for the times when you need the run part of Shadowrun. Run away fast!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012