Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans-global Ghost Cartels campaign
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
pbangarth
11:10 Saturday, 17 September 2072, headed towards Bellevue

"Why am I doing this? I got interested in the spirit problem your friend has out of simple curiosity. I've been around a while, and I have never seen anything like this. I want to know more. If something big is going down, I want to be prepared. As far as aiding you, it seemed the best way to get some help for my own problem. I could hire somebody, but I suspect this kind of a deal will engender more fidelity to my purpose than a monetary deal would. I am doing some unique research and development, and there could be big money and power involved if my hunch is correct. That kind of information in the wrong hands could get me killed. In fact, I need someone else to retrieve my materials exactly because I am afraid to go myself. There may be some hint of altruism at work in my desire to help your friend, but I am a little cynical about that in others, so I take the feeling with a grain of salt.

"Ah. Here we are."
He pulls into the driveway of a old, brick, spread-out house on a fair bit of land. This place is from the early days of Seattle, easily a hundred and fifty years old, maybe more. A garage door opens and he drives in. A spirit materializes and opens his driver-side door. The spirit appears as a sixty-ish butler, complete with the white bow tie.

"If my lady friend permits it, please carry the unconscious woman into the infirmary. She needs attendance there soonest. We will be there shortly. Alert the others that a spirit of some force may be seeking the unconscious one. That seeker must be resisted and driven off at all costs. Destroy it if you can, but do not go beyond the grounds. Clear?"

The spirit nods and looks to Lamia for permission to carry Clio. Tee Dubya walks to a door leading into the house proper and holds his hand against it for a moment. Then he looks to see if Lamia is following.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 26 2010, 04:58 PM) *
11:10 Saturday, 17 September 2072, headed towards Bellevue

"Why am I doing this? I got interested in the spirit problem your friend has out of simple curiosity. I've been around a while, and I have never seen anything like this. I want to know more. If something big is going down, I want to be prepared. As far as aiding you, it seemed the best way to get some help for my own problem. I could hire somebody, but I suspect this kind of a deal will engender more fidelity to my purpose than a monetary deal would. I am doing some unique research and development, and there could be big money and power involved if my hunch is correct. That kind of information in the wrong hands could get me killed. In fact, I need someone else to retrieve my materials exactly because I am afraid to go myself. There may be some hint of altruism at work in my desire to help your friend, but I am a little cynical about that in others, so I take the feeling with a grain of salt.

"Fair enough" Lamia replies. "Our interests are running parallel now, so we can... mmmmm... depend on each other to be reliable." "Trust" isn't quite the right word here. "What sort of materials does this involve? Enough to put in my pocket, or will I need someone to handle heavy lifting?"

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 26 2010, 04:58 PM) *
"Ah. Here we are." He pulls into the driveway of a old, brick, spread-out house on a fair bit of land. This place is from the early days of Seattle, easily a hundred and fifty years old, maybe more. A garage door opens and he drives in. A spirit materializes and opens his driver-side door. The spirit appears as a sixty-ish butler, complete with the white bow tie.

"If my lady friend permits it, please carry the unconscious woman into the infirmary. She needs attendance there soonest. We will be there shortly. Alert the others that a spirit of some force may be seeking the unconscious one. That seeker must be resisted and driven off at all costs. Destroy it if you can, but do not go beyond the grounds. Clear?"

The spirit nods and looks to Lamia for permission to carry Clio. Tee Dubya walks to a door leading into the house proper and holds his hand against it for a moment. Then he looks to see if Lamia is following.

Lamia nods and says "Please do" to the spirit, stepping out of the car to watch him lift her friend. She touches her hand to the blade under her coat briefly, thinking about the spirit that is coming. She undoes the fasteners on her coat and follows after Tee Dubya. "Your house includes all the amenities..." she remarks, obliquely referring to the spirits that he must have bound here. "What, precisely, is your plan at this point? A spirit ambush does not seem likely to work..." she asks, fishing for information.
pbangarth
11:15 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

Tee Dubya leads Lamia into the kitchen. He orders up coffee and tea, and points to a selection of pastries and other sweets in a tray on the counter. "Please, help yourself.

"Your choice of words is wise. You are right to be cautious. The material I seek is roughly two kilograms of iridium. The Sudbury area is almost unique in the confluence of meteoric iridium deposited some millions of years ago, its terrestrial counterpart, and, most importantly for my purposes, an intersection of mana lines directly over a mix of the two types of iridium. That mix has been harvested by agents of mine, and is waiting to be picked up. All those who have worked for me are known by my opposition and would be intercepted if they tried to reach me. My research is leading to the development of a new type of magical focus, for which I believe this iridium is a key ingredient. Those who would take this material from me are trying to beat me to the punch, in fact stop my research entirely if possible. They have failed so far, but have recently outmaneouvered me. I need to try a different approach, one they do not expect. A new agent they don't recognize. That would be you.

"In terms of defense of this location. Any single spirit would be unwise to try frontal assault. I have allies and defenses here in my home other than spirits. Ah. The beverages are ready. I will take a cup of coffee with me as I go see what I can do for Clio."
Tee Dubya pours a cup for himself and waits to see if Lamia wants to come with him.
Knight Saber
[color="#ff8c00"]11:15 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 29 2010, 08:48 AM) *
Tee Dubya leads Lamia into the kitchen. He orders up coffee and tea, and points to a selection of pastries and other sweets in a tray on the counter. "Please, help yourself.

"I can resist anything except temptation" Lamia says with a smirk, putting on a bit more of her usual persona now that the situation is stabilizing to a familiar, if not comfortable one. She selects the richest-looking of the pastries and digs in, licking her lips afterwards.

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 29 2010, 08:48 AM) *

"Your choice of words is wise. You are right to be cautious. The material I seek is roughly two kilograms of iridium. The Sudbury area is almost unique in the confluence of meteoric iridium deposited some millions of years ago, its terrestrial counterpart, and, most importantly for my purposes, an intersection of mana lines directly over a mix of the two types of iridium. That mix has been harvested by agents of mine, and is waiting to be picked up. All those who have worked for me are known by my opposition and would be intercepted if they tried to reach me. My research is leading to the development of a new type of magical focus, for which I believe this iridium is a key ingredient. Those who would take this material from me are trying to beat me to the punch, in fact stop my research entirely if possible. They have failed so far, but have recently outmaneouvered me. I need to try a different approach, one they do not expect. A new agent they don't recognize. That would be you.

"In terms of defense of this location. Any single spirit would be unwise to try frontal assault. I have allies and defenses here in my home other than spirits. Ah. The beverages are ready. I will take a cup of coffee with me as I go see what I can do for Clio."
Tee Dubya pours a cup for himself and waits to see if Lamia wants to come with him.

"That certainly seems straightforward enough" Lamia remarks as she loads up her coffee with cream, a hint of sarcasm in her voice indicating that it will be anything but. "There is clearly a reason why your people do not simply FedEx it to you... Is it the number and quality of your rivals, or are your harvesters in a difficult location to get to?" She follows along after Tee Dubya. "A unique magical reagent never stays a secret for long... are third parties pursuing the iridium for its resale value?"

"Definitely not a government operative... their budget would not allow for this sort of spread" she thinks as she moves along. "A corporate magic R&D setup would be more formal... a lone wolf? Mage in some other department?"

"If we're dealing with a single spirt, you would seem to be correct. It may well have friends to call upon if its desires are denied" she points out. "These spirits seem quite insistent on acting on their desires."
pbangarth

Energy replenished with food and drink, tee Dubya leads the way downstairs into a couple fo rooms that would look at home in a hospital. Medical equipment, beds, the whole nine yards. Clio is in bed, with monitors hooked up to her and two people looking her over.

One speaks as they enter, "She seems stable, sir, though her vitals are a bit weak. I don't understand that astral link. It passes right through the wards like they weren't there. I honestly don't know if whatever is on the other end of that line can be kept out. If I didn't know any better, I would say the link has the taste of a geomantic line about it."

Tee Dubya responds, "Yes, that characteristic caught my attention, too. Lamia, may I introduce Thomas Langstrom", he indicates the speaker, "and Moira O'Leary. Two associates of mine. This is Lamia, a friend of our patient and one who has some experience of what is on the other end of that line. Would you care to fill us in on what you know, Lamia?"
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 4 2010, 08:21 PM) *

Energy replenished with food and drink, tee Dubya leads the way downstairs into a couple fo rooms that would look at home in a hospital. Medical equipment, beds, the whole nine yards. Clio is in bed, with monitors hooked up to her and two people looking her over.

One speaks as they enter, "She seems stable, sir, though her vitals are a bit weak. I don't understand that astral link. It passes right through the wards like they weren't there. I honestly don't know if whatever is on the other end of that line can be kept out. If I didn't know any better, I would say the link has the taste of a geomantic line about it."

Tee Dubya responds, "Yes, that characteristic caught my attention, too. Lamia, may I introduce Thomas Langstrom", he indicates the speaker, "and Moira O'Leary. Two associates of mine. This is Lamia, a friend of our patient and one who has some experience of what is on the other end of that line. Would you care to fill us in on what you know, Lamia?"

Lamia gives Clio a concerned once-over. Tee Dubya has been as good as he word thus far and she manages to relax. A little.

Lamia sits and crosses her legs in a less-than modest way and steeples her fingers before her face. She looks over Langstrom and O'Leary. and mmming. Despite her body language, she begins to explain a professional, articulate fashion. "You do not seem the types to delve deep into the club scene, but you may be aware of a new drug called Tempo. I was able to assense a user of it on a dance floor, shortly before one of the rampages began..." She doesn't give a date or a location though. "It was very... unpleasant." She describes the the glimpses she got before passing out, as best she can.

"Some of my associates were still curious and I contacted Clio about finding a supply. She was very enthusiastic in her praise for Tempo. I declined her offer, but another friend partook, as did as we had a little party. Not long after that (she gives the date and time), she called me and asked for help. She was experiencing blackouts, missing time, feelings of dread. I went to assense her condition.

"She showed extensive signs of exhaustions, hormone imbalance, increased heartrate... and fear. A great deal of fear. There was no sign of disease or injury. Quite the contrary, her skin and some of her organs seemed younger than the rest of her, newly regrown. There were a great many threads connected to her aura, leading off in many directions, going into the astral and, it seemed, beyond... or away. The best I can describe it is as 'plantlike.' I summoned a plant elemental to follow the strand to the source, thinking it might originate on the Metaplane of Earth. It was destroyed before it could report anything. Subsequently, I assensed my mundane friend who had tried a dose of Tempo... he was clear of anything unusual.

"Being at loose ends myself, I began to survey other clubs... I saw a variety of people showing signs of threads clinging to them. Some upscale establishments are warded for.. mmm... obvious reasons. The threads vanished in such cases. Addicted people entered without any threads when I watched from within... nor did it reappear when the person left the warded area.

"I had initially believed them to be metaplanar, but my further examinations and some triangulation showed they were remaining in the astral, originating a great distance to the south. By this point, I had studied them enough to determine that they were some sort of bonding or possession... along the lines of a spirit pact. I'm sure you're aware that such abilities are limited to free spirits... that we know of. With that in mind I began an astral trip to follow the mass of threads trail personally.

"As I was moving southward, a spirit was travling along the trail of threads in the opposite direction. Definitely a plant spirit, and definitely hostile towards me. I chose to avoid confrontation without more advantages and returned to my body. It did not attempt to challenge my wards. I noticed that the odd thread would vanish and another would appear, seemingly from nowhere. The inconsistent nature is something I have never encountered before. The abuse of Tempo may be causing links to strengthen and fade, at least in more casual or less receptive users... until it is strong enough for a full possession."
She nods her head in Clio's direction.

"Now... I've shown you mine. You can show me yours." Lamia says lightly, though her eyes are steely.
pbangarth
11:20 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

Moira speaks up. "Sir, I think the thread is dissipating. It would appear there had been a protracted contest between it and the wards. For now, anyway, our patient seems to be disconnected from whatever that was."

Tee Dubya nods in agreement. "Good. Now let me do my thing." He moves to Clio's side, concentrates a moment, and lays his hands on her, one on a shoulder, another on a knee. Over the course of nearly a minute, a transformation occurs. Clio's wounds knit and heal, disappearing... and reappearing on Tee Dubya. The last few seconds, he is almost unable to continue, or even stand, but he completes his work. He immediately goes to a chair and sits. He looks like shit warmed over.

"I will take a while to heal this much damage, but my assistants are very competent and will help me. It shouldn't be more than a few days. I'm not as frail as your friend." He smiles at that, as if there is some private joke.

"Clio is out of danger now. When she wakes, we will inform you. If you would care to rest or refresh yourself, Jeeves here can take you to your room. There will be food and drink made available to you there for a lunch." The 'butler' appears beside him. "Dinner will be at six in the dining room. After that I will be well enough to talk over the other business." Even this much conversation seems to have taxed him. Tee Dubya closes his eyes and leans back. His assistants busy themselves preparing whatever it is medics prepare. The butler indicates the door and leads the way, looking to see if Lamia follows.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 7 2010, 11:03 AM) *
11:22 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

Moira speaks up. "Sir, I think the thread is dissipating. It would appear there had been a protracted contest between it and the wards. For now, anyway, our patient seems to be disconnected from whatever that was."

"Eroded by contact with the wards?" Lamia theorizes out loud. She relaxes a bit, lets out a held breath and lets loose of the starting patterns for a manabolt, having halfway expected some plant spirit to bull through the wards or manifest out of Clio.

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 7 2010, 11:03 AM) *
Tee Dubya nods in agreement. "Good. Now let me do my thing." He moves to Clio's side, concentrates a moment, and lays his hands on her, one on a shoulder, another on a knee. Over the course of nearly a minute, a transformation occurs. Clio's wounds knit and heal, disappearing... and reappearing on Tee Dubya. The last few seconds, he is almost unable to continue, or even stand, but he completes his work. He immediately goes to a chair and sits. He looks like shit warmed over.

"I will take a while to heal this much damage, but my assistants are very competent and will help me. It shouldn't be more than a few days. I'm not as frail as your friend." He smiles at that, as if there is some private joke.

"Clio is out of danger now. When she wakes, we will inform you. If you would care to rest or refresh yourself, Jeeves here can take you to your room. There will be food and drink made available to you there for a lunch." The 'butler' appears beside him. "Dinner will be at six in the dining room. After that I will be well enough to talk over the other business." Even this much conversation seems to have taxed him. Tee Dubya closes his eyes and leans back. His assistants busy themselves preparing whatever it is medics prepare. The butler indicates the door and leads the way, looking to see if Lamia follows.

Lamia's not quite ready to go yet... she moves to Clio's side to squeeze her hand. Then she shifts her perceptions to the astral to check out Clio's condition... and then Tee Dubya's

"I may be able to do something about those wounds... unless they're not treatable by magic?" she offers, spreading her hands wide. That's not a power she's seen before and she has no idea how it works. But she's curious.

OOC:

6d6.hits(5)=0 Glitch on Clio with two 1s! He didn't do anything at all! nyahnyah.gif

6d6.hits(5)=5 Incredible results on Tee Dubya! Well, it averages out, I guess.
pbangarth

Without opening his eyes, Tee Dubya answers, "No, you can't help with magic. I transferred Clio's wounds to myself using an adept power. Transferred, but not healed, so the hard-and-fast rule taught to everyone in Magic 101 has not been transgressed. It still can't be healed by magic. But thanks for offering."

Tee Dubya's aura looks mundane. He has covered it well.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 7 2010, 05:38 PM) *

Without opening his eyes, Tee Dubya answers, "No, you can't help with magic. I transferred Clio's wounds to myself using an adept power. Transferred, but not healed, so the hard-and-fast rule taught to everyone in Magic 101 has not been transgressed. It still can't be healed by magic. But thanks for offering."

Tee Dubya's aura looks mundane. He has covered it well.

"You have things well in hand then..." Lamia says, stepping back. "A mystic adept, and on my level of sorcery, at least..." she muses, her interest in masking one's aura piqued to a higher level. "Until later then." She gives Clio a last pat on the shoulder and leaves to follow Jeeves to the offered guest room.
pbangarth
18:00 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

A gentle knock on the door of Lamia's rooms wakens her from her nap. The lunch was delicious, the much needed bath luxurious, and a nap felt in order. She slept far longer than she had intended, but felt refreshed. The first cat-like stretch was wonderful, then the worry about Clio returned.

As she began to dress hurriedly, a note slipped under the door caught her attention. "You may prefer to wear this to dinner. Clio still sleeps." it said. Hung on the outside of the door is a plastic clothing bag. Back in her room, Lamia, finds a high-neck, low-back, silk gown, gloves, clutch purse, slippers and an assortment of jewelry of a style similar to, if not exactly matching, her sustaining focus bracelet. The gown is almost like fishscales, but each scale has a design much like the eye pattern in her bracelet gem. The gown's colour exactly matches the green of that gem. As do the slippers and clutch purse.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 29 2010, 06:45 PM) *
18:00 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

A gentle knock on the door of Lamia's rooms wakens her from her nap. The lunch was delicious, the much needed bath luxurious, and a nap felt in order. She slept far longer than she had intended, but felt refreshed. The first cat-like stretch was wonderful, then the worry about Clio returned.

As she began to dress hurriedly, a note slipped under the door caught her attention. "You may prefer to wear this to dinner. Clio still sleeps." it said. Hung on the outside of the door is a plastic clothing bag. Back in her room, Lamia, finds a high-neck, low-back, silk gown, gloves, clutch purse, slippers and an assortment of jewelry of a style similar to, if not exactly matching, her sustaining focus bracelet. The gown is almost like fishscales, but each scale has a design much like the eye pattern in her bracelet gem. The gown's colour exactly matches the green of that gem. As do the slippers and clutch purse.

"My my, someone is good at sizing people up... or did you leave the security cameras on?" Lamia says as she glances around the room for effect.

She picks up the garment bag and sorts through the contents. "No undergarments at all..." she says with a smirk and a tsking sound, playing to the camera or astral forms who might be watching.

Lamia strokes the fabric appreciatively. "This is definitely not a government operation..." she thinks as she dresses without any concern for being watched. She lays her armored clothes and other things out on the bed, including her weapon focus. Summoning up a watcher spirit, she instructs it to watch over her property and let her know if anyone tries to touch or take it.

She slips her gear into the clutch purse and dons the jewelry and sits back in a chair, crossing her legs as she waits for a summons to dinner... a formal one wouldn't just have her wander in when she's ready, after all. The preparations and her little show distract her from Clio's troubles... momentarily.

12d6.hits(5)=3 to summon a watcher, 9d6.hits(5)=5 for drain resist... good grief, 5 sixes on that roll!
pbangarth
18:30 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

A knock on the door. Upon answering, Lamia finds the 'butler' in the hallway. "Dinner is served, ma'am. If you would be so kind as to follow me," he indicates down the hall to the staircase. Once Lamia starts to follow, he will go ahead, leading the way.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 3 2010, 03:59 PM) *
18:30 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

A knock on the door. Upon answering, Lamia finds the 'butler' in the hallway. "Dinner is served, ma'am. If you would be so kind as to follow me," he indicates down the hall to the staircase. Once Lamia starts to follow, he will go ahead, leading the way.

"Of course" Lamia says in a polite, refined way, rising and smoothing out her dress. She follows along a half-step behind him and to the right, purse held in her left hand.
pbangarth
18:35 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

The butler leads Lamia downstairs into a beautifully appointed dining room, with a table that seats 12, set for 7. Tee Dubya and 5 others are moving to take seats at the table. Tee Dubya takes his place at the head of the table, and motions for Lamia to sit at his right. On her right is the male medic from earlier, Thomas Langstrom. Across from her is the female medic Lamia met earlier, Moira O'Leary. Beside her is an older man, whom Tee Dubya introduces as Igor Kerelov. Past Igor on that side is a middle aged woman, Sophia Panakos. Completing the group on Lamia's side is a young woman, Mary Smith.

Crystal glassware, fine china, and silverware settings are highlighted with floral arrangements on the table. The others are dressed in finery as well, but it is clear that Lamia is the star tonight, and she outshines the others. Tee Dubya jokes, "I'm glad you came along, Lamia, it isn't often I get an excuse to break out the good china."

Dinner begins with a shrimp coctail. Yes, real shrimp.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 19 2010, 10:29 AM) *
18:35 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

Lamia smiles and greets everyone she's introduced to. The fact that she is the guest of honor at the dinner strikes her as a little strange... but she is a new face, and likely has some interesting stories.

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 19 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Crystal glassware, fine china, and silverware settings are highlighted with floral arrangements on the table. The others are dressed in finery as well, but it is clear that Lamia is the star tonight, and she outshines the others. Tee Dubya jokes, "I'm glad you came along, Lamia, it isn't often I get an excuse to break out the good china."

"Or bring out your dress collection?" Lamia asks lightly, a smile on her face. "It is lovely though..." she admits.

There's no mistaking the expression of surprised pleasure when she bites into one of the shrimp. She makes light conversation for the evening, including everyone, asking politely vague questions about their specialties while sharing some amusing stories of corporate magic mishaps.

pbangarth
15:05 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Anton's doss in the Barrens

<<@Anton[Trent]:Chummer. Got some good news. A friend of a friend says there's some work to be had picking up a package in the sticks up north-east. Needs covert ops experience. Thought of you. Lemme know.>>
pbangarth
20:10 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

The dinner progresses charmingly. Excellent food, good conversation. All are set at ease by Lamia's stories and Tee Dubya's anecdotes.

Right near the end, as dessert is being cleared away, Lamia catches a snippet of conversation from the young woman at the end of the table, Mary Smith, speaking to Sophia across the table. "Do you think The Weyland will ..." She halts and an infinitesimal pause in the table's festivities is washed over by a toast from Tee Dubya.

"Here's to our new friend, Lamia, whose mythic name belies her charm and gentility, and in whose talents I place trust."

All raise their glasses, "To Lamia." Mary seems a bit self-conscious.

Tee Dubya rises, a little stiffly, and continues, "And now to continue business. Lamia, please join me in the study. Jeeves, bring the special brandy. I feel the need for some tonight."

He leads Lamia into another room, walls lined with books, large oak desk... your typical rich, old guy's study. A liquor cabinet is open, and Tee Dubya motions for Lamia to help herself. The first break in his punctilious protocol all night. Jeeves brings a silver tray with a glass full of a dark amber liquid for Tee Dubya, who takes it and drains the glass in one shot. Jeeves leaves with the empty glass.
Isinghar
15:05 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Anton's doss in the Barrens

Gideon had spent all morning lurking around the Islamic Center Mosque at Redmond; he had made good progress on linking Seattle's numerous mosques and their respective matrix nodes to GPS coordinates, and photographing the local imans and civic leaders. In just a couple of weeks he had built the foundation of his surveillance plan. It felt good to be on the offensive instead of waiting like a lamb for the terrorists to attack. His next move was to begin individual mosque surveillance and then run video feeds against face recognition software and his database of jihadists... It would take time, but he was patient... On the other hand... Cred! That he was sorely lacking, and he would need more cred to fund his surveillance plan aspirations...

I need some work, something that pays well... I wonder if Trent has made any progress...

<<@Anton[Trent]:Chummer. Got some good news. A friend of a friend says there's some work to be had picking up a package in the sticks up north-east. Needs covert ops experience. Thought of you. Lemme know.>>

Speaking of the Devil... How timely...

<<@Trent: Oi chummer! It's gud yu called! If pay and cred is gud... Ja... I'm interested. Vhat are the details? Vhere du ai go? Who du ai ask fuur?>>, he responds in his gruff, baritone, deeply accented English.

Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 28 2010, 09:28 PM) *
20:10 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

The dinner progresses charmingly. Excellent food, good conversation. All are set at ease by Lamia's stories and Tee Dubya's anecdotes.

Right near the end, as dessert is being cleared away, Lamia catches a snippet of conversation from the young woman at the end of the table, Mary Smith, speaking to Sophia across the table. "Do you think The Weyland will ..." She halts and an infinitesimal pause in the table's festivities is washed over by a toast from Tee Dubya.

"Here's to our new friend, Lamia, whose mythic name belies her charm and gentility, and in whose talents I place trust."

All raise their glasses, "To Lamia." Mary seems a bit self-conscious.

Lamia smiles and raises her glass in the toast, holding back on the urge to say "to me" during it, instead going with "Thank you all very much." "Mmm... 'The Weyland'... Tee Dubya... not the most cunning alias in the world" she thinks, letting the slip run past her.

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 28 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Tee Dubya rises, a little stiffly, and continues, "And now to continue business. Lamia, please join me in the study. Jeeves, bring the special brandy. I feel the need for some tonight."

He leads Lamia into another room, walls lined with books, large oak desk... your typical rich, old guy's study. A liquor cabinet is open, and Tee Dubya motions for Lamia to help herself. The first break in his punctilious protocol all night. Jeeves brings a silver tray with a glass full of a dark amber liquid for Tee Dubya, who takes it and drains the glass in one shot. Jeeves leaves with the empty glass.

Lamia rises and pats her dress back down before following Tee Dubya. "Oh? Have I been such a trying guest?" Lamia asks lightly at his request for the 'special brandy', pouring herself some rum from the cabinet and swirling it in the snifter. She makes a show of enjoying the scent and only sips at it lightly.

Sitting down and crossing her legs, she says more seriously "There's been an unexpected development?"
pbangarth
15:10 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Anton's doss in the Barrens

<<@Anton[Trent]: At 16:45 be at Bellevue Poor House, NE 40th Street and 148th Avenue NE. Ask for Old Joe.>>
Isinghar
15:10 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Anton's doss in the Barrens
Gideon; PAN = Passive | Fake SIN: Anton Yurkov

<<@Trent[Anton]: Got eet! Weel be dere on time. Thank yu!>>

Gideon immediately starts getting ready for the meeting. He starts with a quick matrix search for the Bellevue Poor House, and then locating it on his GPS. Then he plots a route to the location and leaves his doss early enough to get to the meet 30 minutes early.

He checks his weapons and decides to only carry his HK 227X under his jacket to the meet, along with his survival knife strapped to his back.

pbangarth
15:20 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Anton's doss in the Redmond Barrens

Matrix search results (courtesy of Microdeck Industries - our computers are your friends ™ ) :
Bellevue Poor House: Bar; Friday night Fights and Tuesday night Sloppy Soy Wrestling; not far from Microdeck Industries; about 15 minutes drive from middle of Redmond

A photo shows a relatively well-kept place with a large parking lot in a mixed residential/corporate neighbourhood.

16:15 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Bellevue Poor House, Bellevue

Public transit gets Gideon there in lots of time. It looks just like the photo!
Isinghar
16:15 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Bellevue Poor House, Bellevue

I'm going to miss the Sloppy Soy Wrestling... Maybe will come back on Tuesday or Friday night and check it out...

Gideon walks around the block of the Bellevue Poor House, looking for a back door or windows that might spill onto a side alley... It is obvious that he looking for escape routes, ambush points, cameras, etc... standard procedure before walking into an unfamiliar place. He completes a second walkthrough with his ultrasound sensors on passive and his ultra-wide radar active; mapping the areas visible to his high-tech gear.

Once satisfied that he has a good layout of the building and some insight into what he will be walking into he presses forward into the bar.
pbangarth
16:25 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Bellevue Poor House, Bellevue

There are two exits, front and back. Back door looks like the kitchen exit, there are garbage bins and cardboard boxes etc. All sides of the building are covered with cameras and lit. It doesn't appear as if there is any easy hiding place in the immediate vicinity of the building.

There is a second floor, and fire escape ladders on either side, coming from what looks like doors at the end of a hallway. Windows go all around on the second floor, but are only in the front and back on the ground floor.

Gideon enters through the front doors, to a small front room occupied by two trolls wearing armour and holstered pistols. Their t-shirts identify them as Brick and Bat. Bat is viewing a screen, and says, "Please hand over your firearm, sir." Brick takes down from a rack on the wall a tag with a number on it.
Isinghar

Gideon eyes the trolls with the funny, but appropriate names, "Ja, no problemo... Ai know de dreel." He slowly pulls out his HK 227X, checks the breach and pulls out the magazine. He hands the weapon and magazine to Brick and takes the RFID. He then tries to turn on the charm and asks, "Hey boyz, Ai'm luking for auld Jo'. Yu know heem?"

He tries to look passed the trolls into the main bar room.
pbangarth

Brick answers as he hands Gideon an item check tag, number 435, "Yeah, he came in a few minutes ago. The bartender should know where he is."

Once the weapon is checked, the entry to the main room hisses open a crack, and Gideon passes through into a large, typical bar with a couple of stages. The main stage has musical equipment set up. The secondary stage has a large pool-like structure, empty at the moment.

Tables are spread throughout the room, and a long bar runs along the right side of the room. A tall human man looks to be running the bar, with two human assistants. The room is fairly empty currently. At the back there is a swinging door into the kitchen. On the left, stairs rise above the secondary stage to the second floor.
Isinghar

Gideon nods in appreciation to the trolls and walks into the bar. He moves towards the tall bartender who looks like he's running the place, "Gud evenin' chummer. Ai'll 'av vodka, straight. No ice."

While he waits for the drink, he'll look around the main room for any other customers. Since he's early he will light up a cancer stick and have a smoke. He'll take his time drinking the vodka, and finishing his smoke. If the bartender makes any small talk Gideon will engage, but otherwise will sit silently and wait until 16:40. Then he'll inquire about Old Joe...

pbangarth
16:40 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Bellevue Poor House, Bellevue

The bar is sparsely occupied this early, though a table-full of rowdy corp-types came in a few minutes ago, ID tags from some convention or other still around their necks. Foreigners, by the sound of the language they mostly speak. Arabic, Gideon thinks.

the bartender has been busy-making, cleaning glasses, the bar counter, the mirror. Preparing for the night crowd. It is five minutes to the meeting time.
Isinghar

Gideon watches the corp-types arrive and his ears perk up when he recognizes the Arabic they are speaking, Fraggin' jihadists are all over the place... He turns so he is able to watch them better, and scowls in their direction and stares with open hostility at the group.

He smirks darkly to himself and initiates an audio-visual recording of the group, taking special care to get clear shots of their faces and the convention ID tag. Should be easy enough to forge that badge and find the convention. If I have time after the meet will snoop around and see what these fraggers are up to...

"Chummer, Ai'm luking fur auld Jo'. Yu know heem? He'z vaiting fur me", he says turning away from his solo staredown of the Arabs, after catching the tall bartender's attention.
pbangarth

"Upstairs, on the right, room 1."
The bartender continues his busy-work.

The upper hallway has several doors off to the right and left. The first on the right is numbered "1". A knock is answered by the door opening. Gideon is greeted by a strange sight. A butler has opened the door! "Enter," he says. The accent is odd, sort of German, but not.

Inside, a number of comfortable chairs are arranged around an oval table. An old man at the head of the table rises. "I'm Old Joe. You must be Anton." He holds out a hand to shake. If Gideon takes his hand, the old man's grip is strong, and his hand calloused.

"Please, sit." Old Joe points to a chair next to his.
Isinghar
16:43 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Bellevue Poor House, Bellevue

Gideon walks into the room with a confidence he does not truly feel, nods to the butler and takes the old man's hand in a firm handshake, "Pleezed tu mit yu auld Jo'. Thas rite Ai'm Anton." He pauses for second before he sits down next to the man in the offered chair, scanning the room, "Dis is not wut Ai expected... in a gud wey dat ees". He sits down in one of the comfortable chairs and looks at Old Joe directly in the eyes, conveying interest and attention, and not threatening in any manner.

pbangarth
16:45 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Bellevue Poor House, Bellevue

Old Joe, sits back in his chair and contemplates Gideon for a moment. The butler takes a position behind and to the right of Old Joe, perfectly positioned to step between the two if necessary. He doesn't look like much, but there is something about the way he stands so still behind Old Joe that is a little unsettling. Old Joe looks like he's been through the ringer recently.

He seems to come to a decision, takes a deep breath and speaks. "I'll get to the point, as time today is a little constrained. I have a parcel that needs to be brought from the north-east of the UCAS to me here in Seattle. This parcel is valuable to others besides myself. This is a dangerous task as those others will stop at nothing to keep the parcel away from me and take it for themselves. I have one person, a magician, who is willing to retrieve it for me. I suspect skills such as I am led to believe you have will be very useful in the retrieval process. Based on what I just learned a couple of hours ago, my team, the two of you, will have a two part job.

"First, be a decoy to draw attention away from my home base and the rendezvous point for a week or ten days. Then, when the team is deemed to be a decoy by my competitors because of other actions I am taking, the team is to proceed to the rendezvous, collect the parcel and return it to my home base.

"In recompense for this work, I offer ten thousand nuyen plus an expense account of five thousand nuyen for each of you. before I give compromising details, does this work interest you?"
Isinghar

Gideon leans back considering the proposal Old Joe has just made. He thinks for a moment then leans back in, "So dicoy ees like bait, neh? Ai'm to run around, call attention, ma'be get shot at fur tan daeys... Then peeck up parcel an' bring tu yu'? 'Av Ai got eet right? Wut ees competitors? Ai an' mageecian, so two, them how many? How strong? Ai'm not luking fur mo' moneey. Paey is gud, and Ai'm no greedy. Ai wanna make gud impression fur yu, but wanna make sure Ai live... Before Ai accept, yu unnerstand, nyt?"
pbangarth

Old Joe leans forward, matching Gideon's move. "I understand completely. My belief is you would not have to do much dodging at all, unless my competitors felt you actually had the parcel in your possession. The plan is that the first leg of your mission would be to be visible but seem to be waiting. Once my alternate moves come into play, the opposition should consider you to be a decoy and abandon you. Only then would you move to acquire the parcel and return it to me.

"That of course would be the tricky part. I would rather it be a small team at that point, you and the magician. To protect both the two of you and my plan, only once the second phase begins would you know the actual location of the pickup.

"As far as the number of agents serving my opposition, it is in the dozens. I am keeping them busy with distractions of all sorts, so I suspect you will be directly watched by no more than a couple of agents. Probably one will be Awakened. Of course, all of this is my best guess, and plans often collapse once they are set in motion. I have, however, been at this ... a long time.

"The nature of my opposition itself is ... dangerous for you to know. It is an organization, but not a corporation. Leave it at that."
Isinghar

Gideon nods slowly as Old Joe explains the situation, "Thank yu for explainin' to me. Ai will do this. Yu can count me in Auld Jo'. Wit my commitment also comes discreetion and silence. Nuthin' we talk here, Ai will talk wit nobody. So wer do Ai go? When do Ai go? Wat else should Ai kno'?"

pbangarth

"Good. It is done then, Anton. From this point on, you may know me as Tee Dubya. Rather than explain things twice, come to this address, " An ARO appears with another address in Bellevue, "for 20:30 tonight. It is my home base in Seattle. There I will introduce you to your teammate and explain the plan. We will be dressed in formal evening attire, so you may feel more comfortable if you dress accordingly. Here is a credstick with your expense money should you need it." He hands Gideon the credstick and rises. After shaking hands with Gideon, he nods to the butler, who promptly disappears.

"See you tonight." Tee Dubya says, and exits the room.
pbangarth
20:15 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

"No," Tee Dubya replies, "the special brandy works wonders for my constitution, which has been tried increasingly these last few months. The drawing of damage from your friend Clio didn't help, either.

"I have decided... I have reassessed my plan for acquisition of the iridium because of information I now have about the machinations of my opposition. I have decided to team you up with another agent, one I hired this afternoon. He will be joining us shortly. I have offered him ten thousand nuyen payment, and a five thousand nuyen expense account. I offer the same to you. I have taken a personal interest in Clio's predicament, and am happy to help her without using it as payment for your work in this matter.

"Your teammate runs by the name Anton Yurkov, and has skill in covert operations. He is technologically enhanced, and his skills and yours should complement each other. When he arrives, I will flesh out your understanding of the situation, but I have told him that I need the two of you to be a distraction for a week or ten days, after which time those who might be observing you should decide you are a decoy and be drawn away by other plans I am putting into motion. At that time, I will provide you with the exact location and contact information necessary to acquire the iridium and bring it to me."

The butler brings in a tray with a bottle of mostly colourless liquid with a milky inclusion. He pours a glass for Tee Dubya who downs it in one shot. He shudders after the drink and places the glass on the tray. The butler leaves.
Isinghar
20:15 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

Gideon left the Bellevue Poor House and dropped off his guns in his smelly, one room doss. He checks the Matrix for any Men's clothes stores close by and will purchase a simple charcoal suit "off the rack", a white shirt, a blood red tie and leather shoes. He knows little of fashion or expensive brands, but knows how to carry himself in a suit and buys one that gives him enough room to carry a concealed holster for his pistol.

After cleaning up and putting on the suit, Gideon heads to the address provided by Tee Dubya. He will approach the home on foot, but will keep to the shadows so as not to attract the attention of any of Tee Dubya's competitor's who might be watching the house.
pbangarth
20:20 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

The neighbourhood is an older one, big houses and large lots. Tee Dubya's place is no exception. The front door and walkway are well lit. Careful observation and approach allow Anton to detect a vehicle parked up the road a bit with two people inside, intent on Tee Dubya's place. They don't notice Anton till he appears at the door. A flurry of activity in the vehicle suggests recording going on in haste.

A huge knocker on the wooden (really) door invites Anton by its novelty to use it. The knock is answered by the butler. Same guy. "Please, come in Master Anton." Anton is guided to a sitting room. "I shall inform the Master that you are here, sir. Please, may I offer you a drink?" The butler indicates a well-stocked bar.

Tee Dubya cocks his head for a moment. "Ah. Your colleague has arrived. I'll ask that he be brought here."

The butler cocks his head for a moment, as he pours Anton's request. He places the drink on a tray and says, "Please, sir, follow me. The Master and your colleague await in the study." He proceeds with the tray out into the hall and waits for Anton to follow.
Isinghar
20:20 Saturday, 17 September 2072, Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

"I shall inform the Master that you are here, sir. Please, may I offer you a drink?" The butler indicates a well-stocked bar.

Gideon looks curiously around the house, and then nods at the butler, "Vodka pleaz. Straight no aice."

He follows the butler into the room.

Dressed in his brand new charcoal gray Vashon Business suit, with a spotless white shirt and blood red tie, Gideon strolls in confidently. He could pass off as a corporate middle-manager but for the obvious cyber right-hand that pokes out from under the cuff of the shirt.
pbangarth
20:25 Saturday, 17 September 2072, the study in Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

The butler leads Anton down the hallway, knocks on a door, opens and enters, holding it open for Anton. To Anton, the room is a wood panelled, fireplaced, comfy-chaired stereotype of the gentleman's study. Seated at a table are Tee Dubya dressed in a dinner jacket and a tall, young, human woman with long, black hair, dressed in a stunning gown of green fish scales and matching jewelry. There is a vulnerability about her, but something in her eyes, the way she looks at/through Anton, that tells him "mage". 'Easily underestimated' is the impression Anton first gets.

Lamia and Tee Dubya are interrupted by a knock on the door, and the butler enters, followed by a young, ork man in a fashionable suit. He is tall, standing over even Lamia, and powerfully built. There is a scruffiness about him that suggests a modest, rough life, but he moves smoothly and takes in the room in one glance. He stops by the door, and instantly seems to be part of the background. 'Easily overlooked' is the first impression Lamia gets.

"Ah! Welcome. Welcome."
Tee Dubya stands and receives Anton with a hearty handshake. Once again, the strong grip of the old man surprises Anton. "Lamia, may I introduce your partner in this adventure, Anton. A man of the world who has conducted clandestine missions for a concern that needs not be mentioned at this time. Anton, this is Lamia, a woman who has experience with matters arcane and has dealt with strange spiritual forces recently." The butler places Anton's drink on the table and retires from the room. Tee Dubya waits for his two guests to exchange amenities.

20:30 Saturday, 17 September 2072, the study in Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

Then he begins business.

"Good. Let me begin by reiterating information that I may have told one, but not both of you. Forgive me the redundancy, but my original plan has changed because of circumstances.

"Through colleagues I have come to acquire some two kilograms of iridium, a rare metal valuable in and of itself for its technological uses. This particular metal is an amalgam of natural, earth-born metal and iridium brought to Earth by a meteorite millions of years ago. The impact crater is near Sudbury, just north of the Great Lakes. My colleagues have collected the metal and refined it for me. I am interested in it because I conduct research into magical enchanting, and believe this particular amalgam has properties approaching that of orichalcum. You may guess how valuable two kilograms of that material is. And if my supposition proves to be correct, then there is in the ground around Sudbury a massive amount of mine-able reagent for magical enchantment.

"Others have caught on to my idea, but are far behind in the process. They would like to take this refined iridium, and make up for some of their lost time. It is impossible for me to go get the reagent myself, as even my disguise ability seems to be useless against their surveillance."
He looks at Lamia for a moment. "So I had hoped to quietly send Lamia, heretofore unknown to my opponents, to pick up the package. It would appear she too is marked by their agents. Therefore, I have readjusted my plans.

"The two of you are to proceed tomorrow to Thunder Bay in the AMC. This city is a smuggler's paradise, and an obvious place where I might send agents to get my package. You will spend ten days there. For the fourth day, you will arrange a flight to Toronto, show up at the airport at the appointed time, but not go. Instead, you will arrange a flight to Sault St. Marie for the seventh day. This too is a ruse. Before that day, a message will be posted in the Thunder Bay Chronicle Journal asking Yolanda to come home in a particular city. Instead of flying to Sault St. Marie, you will buy passage to that city on the tenth day.

"By then, another team in my employ will have convinced my opposition they have the goods, and anyone watching you will be diverted to intercept them, thinking you were a diversion. You should be free to proceed to the rendezvous city without any surveillance. There, in that city's news service, a message for Esmeralda will direct you to my agents who have the package. Having acquired it, you will bring it to me here.

"I have already given an expense allowance to Anton, and I give the same five thousand nuyen to you, Lamia"
, he takes out a credstick and places it on the table before her. "In addition, upon completion, each of you will receive ten thousand nuyen in compensation for your efforts. Yes, yes, Lamia, I know I said I would help Clio in return for your help in this matter, but Clio's predicament is a matter of some interest to me, and I will keep her safe and healing while I study her situation to satisfy my own curiosity. I have to stay here for the duration of your mission anyway.

"Any questions?"
Isinghar
Gideon

Gideon listens intently to Tee Dubya's plans, "How du wee git to Dunder Baey? Ai'm not gud with geography of dis area, can yu provide maps, contacts, etc. so wee 'av tings to do, people to see, while we dere; just false leads for deir agents to waste time wit." He looks at Lamia and asks, "Do yu know dis area... Dunder Baey?"

As he waits for a response, he suddenly remembers something, "Also yu 'av car outside wit watchers checkin' people who come in and out of yur house."
pbangarth
20:35 Saturday, 17 September 2072, the study in Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

"That's all up to you, and what the expense account is for. I leave it up to your expertise and creativity to flesh out my skeleton of a plan."

Tee Dubya chuckles. "Yes, I know about them. They are part of the reason I changed my plans. Albeit a clumsy part of the reason."
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 16 2011, 12:02 PM) *
20:25 Saturday, 17 September 2072, the study in Tee Dubya's home in Bellevue

"Ah! Welcome. Welcome."
Tee Dubya stands and receives Anton with a hearty handshake. Once again, the strong grip of the old man surprises Anton. "Lamia, may I introduce your partner in this adventure, Anton. A man of the world who has conducted clandestine missions for a concern that needs not be mentioned at this time. Anton, this is Lamia, a woman who has experience with matters arcane and has dealt with strange spiritual forces recently." The butler places Anton's drink on the table and retires from the room. Tee Dubya waits for his two guests to exchange amenities.

Lamia extends a hand, palm down, tilted at the wrist, the gesture showing that she's apparently waiting for a kiss on it. "The pleasure is all mine... at least for now..."
she says with a sultry wink.

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 16 2011, 12:02 PM) *

Then he begins business.

"Good. Let me begin by reiterating information that I may have told one, but not both of you. Forgive me the redundancy, but my original plan has changed because of circumstances.

"Through colleagues I have come to acquire some two kilograms of iridium, a rare metal valuable in and of itself for its technological uses. This particular metal is an amalgam of natural, earth-born metal and iridium brought to Earth by a meteorite millions of years ago. The impact crater is near Sudbury, just north of the Great Lakes. My colleagues have collected the metal and refined it for me. I am interested in it because I conduct research into magical enchanting, and believe this particular amalgam has properties approaching that of orichalcum. You may guess how valuable two kilograms of that material is. And if my supposition proves to be correct, then there is in the ground around Sudbury a massive amount of mine-able reagent for magical enchantment.

"Others have caught on to my idea, but are far behind in the process. They would like to take this refined iridium, and make up for some of their lost time. It is impossible for me to go get the reagent myself, as even my disguise ability seems to be useless against their surveillance."
He looks at Lamia for a moment. "So I had hoped to quietly send Lamia, heretofore unknown to my opponents, to pick up the package. It would appear she too is marked by their agents. Therefore, I have readjusted my plans.

"The two of you are to proceed tomorrow to Thunder Bay in the AMC. This city is a smuggler's paradise, and an obvious place where I might send agents to get my package. You will spend ten days there. For the fourth day, you will arrange a flight to Toronto, show up at the airport at the appointed time, but not go. Instead, you will arrange a flight to Sault St. Marie for the seventh day. This too is a ruse. Before that day, a message will be posted in the Thunder Bay Chronicle Journal asking Yolanda to come home in a particular city. Instead of flying to Sault St. Marie, you will buy passage to that city on the tenth day.

"By then, another team in my employ will have convinced my opposition they have the goods, and anyone watching you will be diverted to intercept them, thinking you were a diversion. You should be free to proceed to the rendezvous city without any surveillance. There, in that city's news service, a message for Esmeralda will direct you to my agents who have the package. Having acquired it, you will bring it to me here.

"I have already given an expense allowance to Anton, and I give the same five thousand nuyen to you, Lamia"
, he takes out a credstick and places it on the table before her. "In addition, upon completion, each of you will receive ten thousand nuyen in compensation for your efforts. Yes, yes, Lamia, I know I said I would help Clio in return for your help in this matter, but Clio's predicament is a matter of some interest to me, and I will keep her safe and healing while I study her situation to satisfy my own curiosity. I have to stay here for the duration of your mission anyway.

"Any questions?"

Lamia

Lamia gathers up the credstick and holds it in her left hand along her arm, nodding at his generosity as she does so. "Merely booking travel plans might not deter these watchers sufficiently... Or they may move more directly against us. What information do you have about their methods? More than just watcher spirits, I presume? I'd like to know exactly how I've been 'marked'... that would serve well in diverting them later."

QUOTE (Isinghar @ Jan 19 2011, 10:06 AM) *
Gideon

Gideon listens intently to Tee Dubya's plans, "How du wee git to Dunder Baey? Ai'm not gud with geography of dis area, can yu provide maps, contacts, etc. so wee 'av tings to do, people to see, while we dere; just false leads for deir agents to waste time wit." He looks at Lamia and asks, "Do yu know dis area... Dunder Baey?"

As he waits for a response, he suddenly remembers something, "Also yu 'av car outside wit watchers checkin' people who come in and out of yur house."

Lamia

"No, most of my expertise lies on the Pacific Rim" Lamia explains in a straightforward tone. Her accent suggests some advanced schooling... and some time spent in China. "I'm sure I can come up with some interesting things to research in the area that awakened people would be quite interested in..." she says after a moment's thought with her finger on her lips. "That would surely provide them with some other things to investigate. As for getting there, commercial aviation should suffice..."
pbangarth

Tee Dubya considers Lamia's questions a moment. "They have conventional surveillance such as Anton has noticed out front, but some are more discreet. My sources tell me I have been followed while in your company, so almost certainly you are considered to be with me. The organization has a fair bit of magical talent, and will likely be willing to apply it if the circumstances require them to do so, but they prefer to be low-key. Same for strong-arm tactics and violence. My desire and plan is to keep them guessing and then in the end draw their agents away from you.

"As far as your behaviour goes, be discreet and look as if you are trying to hide, but not so much that they lose you. If your agenda is followed, they will grow expectant and then frustrated in turns until they come to think of you as a red herring. This is the plan."
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 30 2011, 10:07 PM) *

Tee Dubya considers Lamia's questions a moment. "They have conventional surveillance such as Anton has noticed out front, but some are more discreet. My sources tell me I have been followed while in your company, so almost certainly you are considered to be with me. The organization has a fair bit of magical talent, and will likely be willing to apply it if the circumstances require them to do so, but they prefer to be low-key. Same for strong-arm tactics and violence. My desire and plan is to keep them guessing and then in the end draw their agents away from you.

"As far as your behaviour goes, be discreet and look as if you are trying to hide, but not so much that they lose you. If your agenda is followed, they will grow expectant and then frustrated in turns until they come to think of you as a red herring. This is the plan."

[quote name='pbangarth' date='Jan 30 2011, 10:07 PM' post='1038174']
"Usually I limit by showing off for others to my private life..." Lamia says, steepling her fingers and licking her lips. "We'll have to look interesting enough that the watchers continue to pay attention to us, yet not so fascinating they make a move against us... Until they get bored and give up, ideally. Quite the challenge, but I believe I'm up to it. And you?" She looks towards Gideon.
Knight Saber
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 30 2011, 10:07 PM) *

Lamia
"Usually I limit my showing off for others to my private life..." Lamia says, steepling her fingers and licking her lips. "We'll have to look interesting enough that the watchers continue to pay attention to us, yet not so fascinating they make a move against us... Until they get bored and give up, ideally. Quite the challenge, but I believe I'm up to it. And you?" She looks towards Gideon.
pbangarth

Tee Dubya looks to Gideon for his reply to Lamia's question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012