Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: facilities
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Redjack
QUOTE (Terms of Service)
1. Personal attacks, flaming, trolling, and baiting are prohibited. This includes any form of racism, sexism or religious intolerance.
Personal warnings are forthcoming. Continue the flame war at your own risk.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Rehlor @ Jan 26 2009, 10:37 PM) *
copyright protection

Repeat after me: "Copyrights and Trademarks are not the same. They are not even similar. I will learn the difference and never conflate them again."

~J
Rehlor
QUOTE (toturi @ Jan 27 2009, 06:48 AM) *
1) So Law Enforcement in the real world or Law Enforcement in SR? In real life, yes, I do. In SR? It is its own Knowledge Skill. So do you have Law Enforcement (Professional Knowledge)?

2) psst... We're in the one where the super mage, crossdresser or not, may be retarded but is RAW and legal.

3) The goal posts have never shifted, they have always been and always will be until shifted by the devs and writers Canon.

4) So? Contacts do Networking, but the RAW Contacts do not have Contacts themselves. Do Contacts actually need Contacts themselves to do Networking? All they need is a Connection Rating, not Contacts. Booyah yourself, dumbass.

Pathetic attempts at obfuscation, all. You're most likely intentionally obtuse, but I prefer to believe that you're simply the product of about three pounds of water on the brain.

1) We're still talking about you stating that ignoring a massive crime is a good idea, since the officers don't want to get in trouble for having failed to stop it before it happened. Shake that re-re head around some more, generate some better distractions for this one.
2) Take away the straw men and all you're left with is apparently random drivel. Go figure.
3) If you say something stupid enough, people may just forget the last dumbfuck comment you made. I think your response here qualifies.
4) Right, they just talk to thin air. That connection rating doesn't represent influence over goods and other people, no - It represents they're ability to craft reality with their bare will. Like your favorite cross-dressing avatar.

Tachi
And, since no one is listening to admin, apparently.....

N B 4 Lock.... nyahnyah.gif Just to amuse myself.
Rehlor
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jan 27 2009, 01:52 PM) *
Repeat after me: "Copyrights and Trademarks are not the same. They are not even similar. I will learn the difference and never conflate them again."

Then repeat it ten times. With feeling.

(I must admit, the direct stupidity is causing me to wilt a great deal. I'm getting too old for this. But not, apparently, too old for a parting shot, even if it was deserved.)

~J

Thanks for the clarification. The next time I'm committing a major crime with impunity, because why would the police care, I'll keep this in mind.

Feel free to keep running away now.

J~
Kagetenshi
I notice you still haven't explained why, if Lone Star cares so much, the entire highway system becomes a gang playground every night.

~J
Rehlor
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jan 27 2009, 03:13 PM) *
I notice you still haven't explained why, if Lone Star cares so much, the entire highway system becomes a gang playground every night.

~J

Welcome back.

I see how your point is completely valid, because the highways with extremely mobile Go-Gangs are very similar to stationary weapon facilities.

But wait, there's more - Your comment makes so little sense, I've even got a second snide retort! Lucky you.

Allow me to follow your logic here:

1) LoneStar is paid law enforcement.
2) LoneStar cannot stop crime on the highways after dark.
3) Ergo, LoneStar cannot stop any crime.

Oh god, there's another one!

Here's an idea - LoneStar, who are apparently strictly diurnal in your mind, could close down the weapons shop during the day.

So what else yea got?

J~
jesusofthemonkeys
So I didn't read this whole thread, just the first page really. I tried to get into more of it but it just seemed like a lot or bickering. If I'm repeating things or not really contributing to the current discussion (which seems to be about LoneStars motivation, of all things) , just disregard.

I would like to offer an opinion as a player, not a GM. Specifically as a player who likes to manage little side projects around runs, both as a little additional income and as a way to get more roleplay out of the game. What I recommend you do is just ask the player what they want to get out of the facility. It seems like they want to make some quick cash and I don't see anything wrong with more money, especially if they dropped time and resources setting things up.

If they really are trying to arm the barrens with vindicators, that sounds fantastic to me! I don't know how they'd possibly pull it off, but the player is basically spoon feeding you a possible parallel story arc that could enhance your current one, especially when the other runner have to decide where they then stand on this fairly dangerous option.

Also, its entirely possible that your player just went "ok, I have http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...amp;start=125my facility I make 50k rail guns bitch! go fuck yourself DM! I JUST WON SHADOWRUN!!!" In this case the player is just being a jerk. No one can win a roleplaying game, even though we all know players that their hardest. Just deal with the player the same way you would with the troll with a 30 body. I'd just recommend not saying they straight up can't do it because that breeds resentment and more trying to beat the DM. Just compromise with them. And remember that everyone is playing a game and worrying about serial numbers and other errata is about as fun as calculating encumberance.
eidolon
Apologies to anyone that was actually legitimately participating in discussion without continuing to break rules and ignore thread and personal warnings, but this has gone on long enough.

Locked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012