Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A hacker's plea
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
MatrixJargon
>>|Hey there, i've sent this out as a general matrix broadcast to the users of dumpshock. I've made a.....mistake.||
|The other day I was cruising the matrix, ya? Running hotsim and what not cause, you know, I need to feel it chummer. Anyway, the most rad thing happened, I came across an A.I! It gets better, the damned thing flirted with me. What was I supposed to do guys? I'm a hotsim addicted hacker, the chance to...interact with something that essentially WAS matrix? Anyway, after a scene I cannot describe here I jacked out. Logged in the next day to find the thing had taken up residence in my favorite commlink. Next few days, even during a run, the thing followed me like a hawk. I even tried ignoring it, it....she, just kept following me. It didn't even seem to mind that I refused to interact with it...it just watched me||
|Anyway, I woke up this morning to find my cyber-eye's vision flooded with pics of robot anime girls. Cool and all, but creepy, especially considering that it HAS to be connected to that damn A.I. Someone give me a hand.....please? How do you deal with a stalker that you can't really get away from? Come on guys, you escape security trackers all the time, how do you escape something a bit...tougher?||

|Here's what I know about it's code stru-....

>>Users connection has been cut prematurely.
Maelstrome
become a cyborg and share the body, maybe thats moving to fast for her and she will move out.
Kanada Ten
> Reminds me of my first wife. Old school hacker, she was. Trixy as all hell. Met on one of those blackbook sites, looking to score, you know the scan. Just started talking, clicked perfect; it was like she was reading my soul. Who knew she was reading my harddrive, instead? I should've, I guess, but, hey, lonely ain't a crime is it? Maybe yes, maybe no, but it'll kill ya, natch. We cybered and such for a few months, then she came out to visit, right? And I'm all excited, buy some nice clothes, take a shower, yadda-yadda. But when I go to the airport to meet her, she's not there, there's not even a flight from there to here that week.

Come home and I'm locked out. The passkey just doesn't work. I look in the window, and there the little slitch is. Walking around like she owns the place in her fraggin' socks. The Star shows up a minute later, and tells me that my wife - my wife - has filed a complaint about me. Domestic abuse and whatnot, but if I leave peaceful like, they won't arrest me. I stay with a good friend who thinks this is all very, very funny, while I try to get the persona non grata arrested. Email comes a few days later saying the divorce was final. Married and divorced, just like that. She gave me the place back and took my bank account instead.

Let's just say I don't date hackers anymore. Not since my third wife, anyway.
> William Esse, Esq.
Pyritefoolsgold
>>>>>[See, it's stories like these that make me glad I'm not a legal citizen. And to the kid who posted first, if you can still read this, I recommend talking to her. Of course, you've probably already fragged yourself, trying to post her "code structure" whatever that means. Something gives me the feeling it's not the sort of thing she would want broadcast. Assuming you're brains haven't already been rendered to a fine paste, I might be able to work as a sort of "relationship councilor." Of course, I'll be in AR, so neither of you can fry my brains. Good luck, kid.]<<<<<
-Nighteyes
MatrixJargon
>>|Well, I'm back. Sorry for the early cut off soon, the above poster was right, she didn't enjoy that. Yeah. Anyway, tot he first response, I'm afraid I'm going to pass on becoming a cyborg. Becoming a corp puppet, convincing them to spend untold millions on me, then losing all my humanity? I'd rather be a ghost in the matrix then a head in a jar.||
|As for talking to her, I've tried, kind of....She's fairly insistent at this point that I let her follow me everywhere. I'm starting to think the stalker relationship this is just a front. She doesn't want VR sex, she just wants to follow me around everywhere for some reason. On that note, I cannot be sure, maybe it is some kind of creepy sex-program. Anyway, any advice would be helpful.||
|The the unfortunate man with the hacker wife, I'm sorry man. Next time you date a hacker, do some footwork on her and get a hacker friend to back you up. It's just like a Shadowrun, except at the end you get hawt hawt hacker relations instead of nuyen.||

User MatrixJargon has logged off.
Pyritefoolsgold
>>>>>[Right. Then let me explain something to you. I haven't met any AI's that I know of, but I do a lot of work with spirits, and what I've learned is that your assumptions about things that aren't human are usually wrong, because you assume they'll act like humans. At their core, they are fundamentally different. Maybe "she" ('cause with things like this, gender is just a part of the game they play) wants something from you, maybe she just wants to watch you. Maybe she'll protect you, maybe she'll find something else to do. probably your idea of what originally happened and hers aren't the same.

Overall, don't let your guard down, and try not to do anything else stupid. I don't know what kinda hacker you are, but she's probably out of your league. Maybe try to find a technomancer to talk to her. They seem to tend to have a better perspective on these sort of things.

Above all, try not to piss her off.]<<<<<
-Nighteyes
overchord
>>>>[Ya'll relax now -It might not be a down-turn you'z be gettin. Have yer asked her is she can do some good? I mean take her along for the ride'n try it out? Who knows she might be helpful, and if not, come down to Kingston, and we'll concrete up that commlink and dump it at the bottom of Peake Bay - hehe only cost you a case of brews ]<<
- Dex
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012