Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did you hear a banjo?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Browncoatone
Having just finished off a particularly nasty plant spirit some months ago one of the guys at the table made a comment to the effect of "did you hear a banjo?". This crypic (to me) query received a acknowledging grunt from the otherside of the room. Not being in the know I was introduced to the Redneck Tree:

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp05042002.shtml

I'm curious how you might stat a Redneck Tree for SR4.

"You sure do bleed pur-dee."
paws2sky
Ah, yes. IIRC, there were D20 stats for that critter.

For SR4, my suggestion would be to run it as a Free Plant Spirit with a particularly nasty sense of humor.

-paws
Kanada Ten
Ally spirit to the mayor of an anglo reservation? (A wendigo, natch, elected due to his fabulous Thanksgivin' Feasts.)
Zombayz
And here I thought nobody else here read S*P...
paws2sky
QUOTE (Zombayz @ Jan 25 2009, 04:03 PM) *
And here I thought nobody else here read S*P...

Used to. I stopped reading it a couple years ago.

-paws
hyzmarca
STR 10
BOD 8
Agility 3
REA 3
LOG 2
INT 3
WIL 4
CHA 1

Magic 3
Edge 4

Reach 3
Movement 20/50

Skills: Artisan (Banjo) 4, Unarmed Combat 4, Perception 6, Running 3, Climbing 2, Exotic Ranged Weapon (Sap) 5

Powers: Fear, Engulf, Paralyzing Howl, Elemental Attack (Sap), Natural Weapon (Claws; STR/2P, -1AP), Hardened Armor (8)
BookWyrm
Of course I read S*P. Still do.
RKMilholland
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I wanted to thank you all for the strip you inspired:

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp02152009.shtml
Kanada Ten
I don't even want to contemplate the psychotropic effects of such a black IC. (But I will. All day.)
Lindt
I love it when famous people visit. Especially ones as twisted as Mr. Milholland.
And yes, they where.

K10, you figure what... severe aversion to trees, banjos, overalls, and the southern half of the east coast?
paws2sky
Oh hell, I guess I'll have to check this out when I get home. Somehow I doubt its safe for work...

-paws
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Lindt @ Feb 16 2009, 03:04 PM) *
K10, you figure what... severe aversion to trees, banjos, overalls, and the southern half of the east coast?

I was thinking more along the Judas lines... A collection of Backwood Hits stashed next to the hand lotion. A wellworn branch under the mattress. A warm feeling inside when smacked around, bent over, and filled with sap. *shiver*
Lindt
Oh god that's SO much worse.
Glyph
Gives new meaning to "sappy romance".
Nephyte
Randy is f'in awesome.

Haven't been to dumpshock in a while. Nice to visit again thanks to Randy's link!
Cygnata
Heh, same here... haven't been by since the IRC server went kaput. Probably will mostly lurk. Cool strip and stats!

-Cyg
eidolon
Sweet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012