Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seattle area player seeking in-person game
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Tyro
I've been building characters for fun for years, but I haven't been able to find a game in all this time. Is there anyone in the area looking for a player?
tete
Malkcntent runs a 4e game up on the north side of lake washington. I'm not sure if he has room (I'm not in the group) but I'll let him know about your post.
Tyro
QUOTE (tete @ Jan 25 2009, 06:45 PM) *
Malkcntent runs a 4e game up on the north side of lake washington. I'm not sure if he has room (I'm not in the group) but I'll let him know about your post.

Many thanks.
Wes Magyar
I live in Kent and am also a player. 98030 zipcode. im also looking for a game with little to no success so far. i mostly play a rigger
Tyro
I know the area. I think nothing of hour-plus long bus rides, so any GM within about 30-40 miles of Seattle who wants players, please let me know! I'm mostly interested in magicians (probably a Zoroastrian dwarf) and cybered adepts (Ambidexterity, 2 cyber forearms, 2 cyberarm gyromounts, 2 SMG's, 2 short bursts/pass smile.gif
HappyDaze
I'll be moving into Seattle - or, more likely, Tacoma - by May '09. Exact date and location depend on how my Feb 16-18 interviews go. I'll be posting here a bit closer to that time to see about getting a game together.
Tyro
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Feb 1 2009, 06:50 PM) *
I'll be moving into Seattle - or, more likely, Tacoma - by May '09. Exact date and location depend on how my Feb 16-18 interviews go. I'll be posting here a bit closer to that time to see about getting a game together.

Tacoma's a bit far, but I have friends in the area. We might be able to work something out.

Out of curiosity, where from?
HappyDaze
Moving from Knoxville, TN and hoping to get as far from the South as possible. Unfortunately, my resume wasn't pulled for the job in Germany...
Tyro
Yowch... I have relatives in Olive Branch and Memphis. I feel your pain.
tete
Good luck in your job search the Seattle economy is finally falling apart. My company is cutting 60% of its staff and Microsoft, Boeing, and Starbucks are having round one of cuts with potential of a lot more coming. I my self am looking for work before I get axed
HappyDaze
I'm a nurse (RN) - one of the few fairly safe job markets. The Tacoma job is federal and quite secure, and the other jos I'm interviewing for (Harborview, Virginia Mason, and more) are pretty solid too.
tete
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Feb 3 2009, 08:33 PM) *
I'm a nurse (RN) - one of the few fairly safe job markets. The Tacoma job is federal and quite secure, and the other jos I'm interviewing for (Harborview, Virginia Mason, and more) are pretty solid too.

Quite true, your only problem would be if we had a repeat of 1971 "The last person in Seattle turn out the lights". http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...syndication=rss

and

http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/image...tsouticon_n.jpg
Tyro
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Feb 3 2009, 12:33 PM) *

Yeah, the basic necessities are going to stay up and running. That's how it's always been.

And RN's are always in short supply.
tete
QUOTE (Tyro @ Feb 4 2009, 12:05 AM) *
And RN's are always in short supply.

I'm going to highjack for a second and say I don't think that is true. As the gen X starts retiring I think you will find we will have a health care bust similar to the IT bust of the 90s where you have a ton of people who went into the field to get $$$$$ and now the market is saturated. Right now theres a shortage because you have a large percentage of the population retiring and needing more heathcare. If too many people get into healthcare you'll see the bust as the need goes down. You just can't have too many people doing any one job.
Tyro
You have a point, but healthcare is an inherently more stable field than anything involving the Internet.
Dworkin_13
Also in Kent/Auburn area (98002) looking for a group/GM
Octopiii
Olympia here (98503). I'd be willing to go up north.
Tyro
Now we just need a confirmed GM nyahnyah.gif
HappyDaze
As I'm going to be in town next week, can anyone point out a few good gaming stores in the area(s)? I'll be in Seattle Feb 14-16 and then in Tacoma Feb 17-19 (14th and 19th are the days of my flights so the're pretty useless to me). I'm particularly interested in stores that might have old/used products and those that advertise for local players & GMs.
tete
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Feb 12 2009, 11:00 AM) *
As I'm going to be in town next week, can anyone point out a few good gaming stores in the area(s)? I'll be in Seattle Feb 14-16 and then in Tacoma Feb 17-19 (14th and 19th are the days of my flights so the're pretty useless to me). I'm particularly interested in stores that might have old/used products and those that advertise for local players & GMs.

Any of the Half Priced Books has a fair to decent selection of RPG books. The Capitol Hill Half Priced Books has 3 full book shelves of used RPGs (it takes up more space than Millitary History!). Gary's Games around 85th and Greenwood also has a used selection.
Prospero
I'm in Maple Valley (98038) and would actually love to play or GM even, but I'm currently playing in a DnD game with my gaming group and I don't really have time at the moment. Considering my wife is also pregnant... it might be a while before I actually have any time at all. wobble.gif But I've played in a couple of different groups with guys on Capitol Hill and I know there is/was a semi-regular 4th ed game run by a group member at a gaming store somewhere N of the U District (forget the name of the place - I'll try to find out).
Tyro
QUOTE (Prospero @ Feb 13 2009, 06:34 PM) *
I'm in Maple Valley (98038) and would actually love to play or GM even, but I'm currently playing in a DnD game with my gaming group and I don't really have time at the moment. Considering my wife is also pregnant... it might be a while before I actually have any time at all. wobble.gif But I've played in a couple of different groups with guys on Capitol Hill and I know there is/was a semi-regular 4th ed game run by a group member at a gaming store somewhere N of the U District (forget the name of the place - I'll try to find out).

I would very much appreciate if you would find out smile.gif

Thank you in advance.
Wombat
Two players in Tacoma looking for an SR4 GM. May be able to bring more new players to the game as well. PM for questions or details.
Tyro
It would appear that as usual, GM's are in short supply frown.gif
HappyDaze
I took the job in Tacoma (OK, Madigan/Fort Lewis to be specific) and I'll be back to start my job April 27. Give me a few weeks to get everything together and I'd love to GM for a group by mid-to-late May. If interested, respond to GM_SR4@yahoo.com (yeah, it's a purpose-built email addy).
HappyDaze
My zip code is going to be 98327 if that helps anyone to narrow down locations.

I've spoken to a few here, with one inquiry and one more-or-less definite 'no' based upon a difference of style. Just to clear that last one up, I prefer games that are a cut above the street with runners that act like action movie characters. I'm also a sucker for pulp games (both classic 1930s and later 'space pulp'), so Shadow-pulp storylines are something I tend to get into (if that doesn't seem to make perfect sense but still sounds interesting enough to try then you're probably just the type of player I'm looking for). OTOH, the 'no' guy preferred to use very gritty and, IMO, harsh houserules that give the game a very dystopian street-scale feel where characters are more likely to degenerate (Magic loss, permanent injuries, 'ware damage, etc.) than to thrive. Both can be interesting and valid approaches, but there was quite a clash in expectations.
Wombat
Nevermind, I turned the post into a thread.
Method
Funny how these threads gasp and twitch in spurts but never really die...

I am currently away from Seattle doing some training in the hinterland, but will be back in Seattle in a few weeks. I have a long running group far away from Seattle that will be meeting online for games, but I'd love to get involved with a local game as well. I would even be willing to GM now and again, maybe as part of a rotation.

Also, I have been in contact with a number of other dumpshockers in the Seattle area, a few of whom I think would still be into a game if we could get one off the ground. Our issue has usually been finding a good place to play, and of coarse peoples' widely varied schedules...

HappyDaze: I'm doing a Neurology rotation at Madigan in Nov-Dec '09. If you have a group put together by then I'd love to sit in.
HappyDaze
HappyDaze: I'm doing a Neurology rotation at Madigan in Nov-Dec '09. If you have a group put together by then I'd love to sit in.

I'll be working up on 7(North?) at Madigan. I should have something going by then.
Octopiii
Just chiming back in to say that I've moved up north to the West Seattle area. I'd be down for a game (if we can ever get one going!)
Tyro
QUOTE (Octopiii @ Apr 2 2009, 09:18 PM) *
Just chiming back in to say that I've moved up north to the West Seattle area. I'd be down for a game (if we can ever get one going!)

Stop, you'll jinx it! twirl.gif
HappyDaze
My move starts Monday. Everything is packed up and ready for the truck loading set up for tomorrow. Soon the gaming will begin. Soon...
Method
I am back in Seattle now as well, and would be down for some SR goodness. Let me know.
Tyro
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Apr 3 2009, 12:10 PM) *
My move starts Monday. Everything is packed up and ready for the truck loading set up for tomorrow. Soon the gaming will begin. Soon...

*cheer*
Kavu
I live just north of Seattle (at the north end of Bothell) and looking to get back into playing (and/or occasional gm'ing). I've been playing SR off and on for more years (and versions of the rules) than I care to count. As far as style, I've enjoyed the Shadowrun Missions games I've played, but the last world I ran had some aspects of Call of Cthulu (or however that is spelled), but the cops and corps react realisticly. I'm also happy to host.
Method
Welcome to Dumpshock, Kavu. I would certainly be interested in getting a game going north of Seattle. PM me if you want to talk specifics.
Wes Magyar
has there been any progress towards getting a game going? i havnt been here in awhile and am still looking.
-Wes-

I am also not to picky as to play style my only expierience is SR4 and i play a rigger i love them. i do prefer power gaming but honestly i dont care. just so long as i can game. id be willing to travel but not to far in order to get a game going.
i currently Reside in Kent.
HappyDaze
I'm running a game in Lakewood. It's pretty full right now with five players. I've spoken with Method, and while his schedule is tight, he may be working on getting something going in the northern end of Seattle before long (I think he said that weeekends would be best for him). I'd suggest PMing him directly.
Wes Magyar
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Jul 10 2009, 02:08 AM) *
I'm running a game in Lakewood. It's pretty full right now with five players. I've spoken with Method, and while his schedule is tight, he may be working on getting something going in the northern end of Seattle before long (I think he said that weeekends would be best for him). I'd suggest PMing him directly.

yeah only problem is i live in the kent area now. so a bit of a haul to north seattle. id do it for a for sure thing. but still smile.gif
but at this point beggers cant be choosers right? i havnt been in a shadowrun game in over 2 years now... im dying!
-Wes-
EH44
Wow, I didn't realize that there were so many dumpshocker's up here in Seattle. Of course I am relatively new to both Dumpshock and Seattle myself.

Anyway, I play and GM in a group in Ravenna that meets on Sundays. We have a rotating cast of 5-7 players and about 3 GM's that switch on and off as availability goes. The guy whose house we meet at always seems open to new players so if anyone cannot find a home, it might be possible to squeeze another in as usually at least 1 or 2 people don't show up on any given weekend.

HappyDaze
Game in Lakewood is dead as of tonight. Many of the players are interested in playing another SR game, but I'm done with it. Good gaming to all.
Tyro
Any other GM's available? I now live in Auburn.
tete
I noticed on another board someone is starting up a 3e game in Redmond. I figured I would let y'all know about it seeing how I didn't see it here http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/sho...ead.php?t=12890
Orion
That's me running the SR3 game in Redmond. I didn't post it here because the last time I mentioned SR3 I got a lot of flack for not supporting SR4. If you're interested then shoot me an email.
endersdouble
Hey, I just noticed this thread. I'm new in Seattle and looking for a game, ideally SR4 (I know nothing about SR3.) I'm in the U-District, but willing to travel somewhat. Anyone currently looking for players?
Tyro
I moved to Auburn not too long ago, but I'm also willing to travel somewhat (as a player).
Not of this World
Long time SR3 GM. Always interested in a game if there is a family friendly place for young kids.
Tyro
QUOTE (Not of this World @ Oct 25 2009, 02:17 PM) *
Long time SR3 GM. Always interested in a game if there is a family friendly place for young kids.

If you'd be willing to run an SR4 game in Auburn, I can provide space and at least 1 (me), possibly more players. We already have an infant in the house; I certainly hope it's kid friendly!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012