Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Israeli Firearms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FlakJacket
I was considering an Israeli PC and looking around for some local firearms to help add a bit of colour. Looking for domestically produced guns all I could find were the Barak/SP-21, Kareen and Desert Eagle/Baby Desert Eagles lines. I figured with Israel being a fairly military place and trying to be self-sufficient, they might have a few more options. Or do they simply import them in like a lot of other people? Any help is appreciated. smile.gif
evil_slammor
Uzi's and Galil love.gif both by Israel Military Industries check Raygun's site to see the stats for some of the guns mentioned.
kevyn668
let your fingers do the clicking

:notworthy:Raygun:notworthy:

My personal fav is the MicroGalil or one of the Tavor series. I think they look just too cool.
FlakJacket
Oops, sorry. I should have said that I was looking more for handguns than SMG's or rifles, but forgot to. embarrassed.gif
kevyn668
hmmmm...Hows your GoogleFu?

If this is still going in the am, I have more links on my work computer. Netbooks, etc. They aren't converted to SR but, a pistol is a pistol to SR rules.
Big Crow
Bul Transmark and IMI both produce handguns in Israel. Seems to me, however, IDF usually carry Glocks, Sig Sauers and Colts.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (kevyn668)
Hmm... How's your GoogleFu?

Okay-ish. The problem is that I keep getting flooded with random pages about the whole Palestinian mess when what I want are more factual pages. :/
Raygun
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
I was considering an Israeli PC and looking around for some local firearms to help add a bit of colour. Looking for domestically produced guns all I could find were the Barak/SP-21, Kareen and Desert Eagle/Baby Desert Eagles lines.

Well, other than BUL Transmark (1911 and CZ75 copies), that's about all you're likely to find as far as locally produced handguns go. All are more or less clones of pistols developed elsewhere.

I figured with Israel being a fairly military place and trying to be self-sufficient, they might have a few more options. Or do they simply import them in like a lot of other people?

Israel's military power is pretty dependent upon US subsidies, which is one reason why everyone in the region who dislikes Israeli policy tend to be displeased with the US as well. They have plenty of locally designed and produced small arms, but as long as Uncle keeps handing out M16's, M4's, Barrett M82's, yada yada... they're likely to stick to those. For the most part, anyway.

But since the US doesn't exist in the SR universe, there's a good chance that Israel would have to become quite a bit more self-sufficent. Then again, maybe they're still pretty dependent on UCAS programs. Who knows?

The Seco LD-120 out of the SSC is supposed to be an Israeli pistol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012