Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More on the windy city...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Anna Molly
CHIGAGO: 1950s - 1970s

Alright, so... I've read Bug City cover to cover. I've read most of Target: UCAS, the Chicago elements in detail. However, I simply cannot get my hands on a copy of Feral Cities, go figure. The new book store here sucks while the used/old book stores excel. All my money is cash form at the moment - no bank increase until next week, so ordering online is not possible yet (not possible before our next session).

I can guess from the name of the book that things are still a little wild there and it never quite recovered. Would that assumption be correct?
Grinder
Yes.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Anna Molly @ Feb 5 2009, 02:41 AM) *
I can guess from the name of the book that things are still a little wild there and it never quite recovered. Would that assumption be correct?

Yes it is.

Also, Anna, if you don't have to have the dead tree version, then the PDF of Feral Cities is up on Catalyst's website right now.
Grinder
She can't order online as all her money is in cash form. wink.gif
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 5 2009, 10:09 AM) *
She can't order online as all her money is in cash form. wink.gif

I think to have heard about prepayed credit cards that ar worth only a certain ammount of cash before depleting (I think it is to avoid someone to clone it and use it leaving a black hole in your bank account, they should probably work in a way similar to prepayed cel-phones card); I've never looked for more informations but it could be a solution for buying stuff on internet.
ornot
I've developed quite a good relationship with my FLGS, such that they always make sure they order the latest SR book, on the understanding that I shall buy it when I get in. Most bookshops are capable of ordering in books if you ask them, perhaps that might be worth a try.

I'm still waiting for some spare time to go into town and collect my copy of Feral Cities myself.
Kanada Ten
Does anybody know what happened to Catherine the Terrible, or the rest of our loveable warlords?
Snow_Fox
not in particular but overall Chicago is still a mess. a lot of people didn't want to leave the ruins, kind of like the Helsinki Syndrome, those who do, get a lot of prejudice from people outside the zone who fear them, so they go back where they are understood, the ruins of the windy city.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Feb 5 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Does anybody know what happened to Catherine the Terrible, or the rest of our loveable warlords?

Catherine burned when Ares relised the FAB III to exterminate the bugs and simply disapeared (there are rumors about her joining the Aleph Society to regain the ability of using magic); hers place was taken by some Marvin Chekov guy with a strong sense of "law & order" who happen to lack any misure of flexibility and tendes to see all as black or white (he is refered as a megalomaniac son of a bitch who happens to control a water purification plant, granting him the control of sorrounding communities).
"King Vlad" has died in some clash and was replaced by one of his righthands (who had to survive the competition), who seems less a sociopath than the "King" was.
Born from the fusion of the "Volk" and "the Blue Boyz" factions is the "Humanis Brigate", whos name tells everything, which happens to be the militant arm of the "Humanis State" commune, again the name insures the ideology.
Other relevant factions is the Chicago Anarchic Collective, an umbrella of anarchic associations that comprendes various communes, the Anarchic Black Crescent (medical service providers), the Black Star (militant anticorporate association that organizes runs against corp, hooding and courses of survival, self defence, education, and mantaines workshops), the NoosNet (techno-anarchists, not much of wireless coverage in Chicago thought) and the smuggling operation of the Midway airport (whos besieged by the Humanis Brigate, who wants to take the smuggling pie for themselves, not to mention to hit their ideological rivals).
As a sidenote the daughter of Truman (Melissa) has survived and she has become the leader of a chapter of the Demolishers, a kind wondering commune.
Anna Molly
Good to know - thanks AllTheNothing for the details about the characters too. I was curious as well.

I did go to the local Hobby Town to talk to them about ordering a book for me. They looked utterly confused by the concept but agreed that it could and would be done. *shrugs* I guess most people just buy train sets from them these days. Sad, since I think my city had something to do with the formation of pen and paper rpgs way back when... though that could just be something I heard or dreamed about.

Anyway, thanks again. The book is on the way, and the gist of it you guys have given me will suffice until it arrives.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Anna Molly @ Feb 7 2009, 09:11 PM) *
Good to know - thanks AllTheNothing for the details about the characters too. I was curious as well.

I did go to the local Hobby Town to talk to them about ordering a book for me. They looked utterly confused by the concept but agreed that it could and would be done. *shrugs* I guess most people just buy train sets from them these days. Sad, since I think my city had something to do with the formation of pen and paper rpgs way back when... though that could just be something I heard or dreamed about.

Anyway, thanks again. The book is on the way, and the gist of it you guys have given me will suffice until it arrives.

Always happy to help if possible, chummer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012